Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We host our photos on Pinterest too, for similar lazy reasons smile

That’s a great attitude to have - it must be a rowdy party at your place at times!
Our EAH & MH crowd don’t party a lot. But I do sometimes find some of them have tipped over or fallen off the shelves in the spare room, so they do a bit.

Lottie was putting on airs to the new girl Belle last week, and Belle pushed her off the step-stool they were on in retaliation. We have to rearrange the dolls every so often as they don’t all get along. LOL
(I stepped too close to it, and must have bumped it slightly. When we cam downstairs the next day Lottie was on the floor, and Belle was flat on the step)
(05-22-2020, 10:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, see that is a very wonderful statement for her to make!

The party never stops, so play that music louder.

Thank you very much!

(05-23-2020, 01:07 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]We host our photos on Pinterest too, for similar lazy reasons smile

That’s a great attitude to have - it must be a rowdy party at your place at times!
Our EAH & MH crowd don’t party a lot. But I do sometimes find some of them have tipped over or fallen off the shelves in the spare room, so they do a bit.

Lottie was putting on airs to the new girl Belle last week, and Belle pushed her off the step-stool they were on in retaliation.  We have to rearrange the dolls every so often as they don’t all get along.  LOL
(I stepped too close to it, and must have bumped it slightly.  When we cam downstairs the next day Lottie was on the floor, and Belle was flat on the step)

My MHs stick to the line's motto 'Monster High - the party never dies', not that they jump off shelves, but they always somehow seem to be alive and busy when I look at them (most of it comes from me trying to pose them in various ways to figure out photos for special days and such, and re-arranging them, so that the shelves never stay the same for too long). EAHs might be a bit more peaceful, but their shelves also seem to be quite lively. Oddwickshire shelves are one continuous buzz, especially now that I started doing Oddlidays (another one is coming soon, btw). Remei and Azones currently live on my table, so I think they have fun, too. This place is small, so dolls from various shelves can talk to each other (I could swear that when I'm not looking, they visit each other, too).

Day 143

It's the World Goth Day!
I'm not a goth (the goth styles I like require a lot of finely done make-up and hairstyling to look good, and I'm just too lazy for that, plus I love way too many other things I wouldn't want to give up), but I love the whole aesthetic in its many forms. I wasn't able to draw a special poster, so I'm recycling my last weekly doodle.

[Image: e7a6cea727109c769747c79a43830ad8.jpg]

[Image: 7347b56f25a42683b16f07a8da753141.jpg]

The original photo is cursed, so I'm not posting it, only the filtered versions.

EDIT: I also wanted to post the filtered version of the time device photo from the hunt thread.

[Image: d792baad05aa80de41f60f6217a47b3b.jpg]
The party never dies! If I gave up all my figures from discontinued lines, well, that would mean giving up all my figures! Except maybe for Pullips, I guess.

World Goth Day? Kewls! I may have to put a bit more effort than usual in to a photo for today. (I have a distinct advantage in time zones, and am able to work from your cues!)

Marvelously mystical and moody goth pic, with a reappearance by that wonderfully eerie sketch!

The time device image is absolutely captivating!
World Both Day! How fortunate I posted a BeGoth today! The picture is wonderfully atmospheric and so in fitting with today!
Lovely photo of two lovely gothic girls smile And I'm a little late about the doodle, but I'm massively in love with it. Do you take commissions? An idea might or might not have popped up in my mind Happy 

Ah. World Goth Day... that might explain my unusually pessimistic mood today, because other than that nothing (unusually) gothic has really happened here. I spent most of the day agonising over the loss of this year's Wave Gothic festival (it would have been next weeken). It feels sad and weird, as that's something we've been attending each year for a long long time. I wasn't really planning to get to know the feeling of being without it. The husband just tuned in to a DJ friend streaming a live set from his home. I wish it didn't only make me sad. I really miss travelling and dancing at concerts and parties.

As for the aesthetics, I mainly look at goth as a music-thing. Of course it does involve some aesthetics, but I go more casual in those. I don't necessarily like to draw too much attention to myself (wearing casual goth clothes will still do that, especially during the summer), and as for the make-up I am rather unskilled and I kinda stopped trying Tongue
I used to like some of the 80’s Goth music, although I preferred the New Romantic movement, both in fashion and musically.
Two lovely Goth girls, they complement each other beautifully.

Loona, we don’t do a lot of music festivals / concerts, but we do attend wool & fibre events. They’ve had to cancel at least 3 in my city/state so far, and I know of a couple more in other states. Even though I have plenty of yarn to knit with, and I can get more online if I want, it’s missing the face-to-face interaction & being around like-minded people. The online parties aren’t the same.
Thank you so much guys! The music & fashion debate is super interesting, but I'm having a headache again, so I don't feel like typing. Cancelled events suck, I hope everything will go back to normal soon.

Loona - sorry, I don't take comissions, I'm having trouble keeping up with myself, so I don't want to take on more projects.

Day 2165846174191188144

These three just look so lovely together.

[Image: 568ab0d710554942fc50cdaa8d69c10c.jpg]

[Image: f71423b2a0d2949dc9e389bddfa6e4b3.jpg]
Cute trio! The retro tintype processing coordinates nicely with their old-fashionedness.
I never realised their slight similarities before. In their style of dress, I mean.

They are a very cute trio!
A very pretty trio... and that is such a cool old clock. Sounds like it could have been a contender for the "oldest thing in your house" smile

(05-23-2020, 11:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Day 2165846174191188144
LOL
"Blursday"...?
(05-24-2020, 01:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cute trio!

(05-24-2020, 02:32 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]They are a very cute trio!

(05-24-2020, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]A very pretty trio... 

sly  What an adorable trio of "adorable trio" comments.  slash

I wonder if perhaps we are all spending too much time together. A mind-meld spanning multiple continents and time zones.  LOL

https://www.thesaurus.com/   Tongue
They do look great together. Red is definitely a theme.
All the shades of red! I do love all your girls like that.
(05-24-2020, 12:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an adorable trio of "adorable trio" comments. 
I wonder if perhaps we are all spending too much time together. A mind-meld spanning multiple continents and time zones. 

What a uniquely colour-coordinated coalition of russet-haired female beings.  All convey a blend of fragility with intensity of ex.pression suggesting the strength of inner complexity and confidence.  The juxtaposition of two of greater stature with a more diminutive companion provides an unusual contrast in the interpretation of one of these things being dissimilar to the others.  

...Only so many ways to say "nice pic".  I mean, all you'd get on Facebook is a thumb  Tongue