Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-24-2020, 02:11 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2020, 12:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an adorable trio of "adorable trio" comments. 
I wonder if perhaps we are all spending too much time together. A mind-meld spanning multiple continents and time zones. 

What a uniquely colour-coordinated coalition of russet-haired female beings.  All convey a blend of fragility with intensity of ex.pression suggesting the strength of inner complexity and confidence.  The juxtaposition of two of greater stature with a more diminutive companion provides an unusual contrast in the interpretation of one of these things being dissimilar to the others.  

...Only so many ways to say "nice pic".  I mean, all you'd get on Facebook is a thumb  Tongue

If this were Instagram, I'd respond to this comment with a Heart 2
(05-24-2020, 01:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cute trio! The retro tintype processing coordinates nicely with their old-fashionedness.

Thank you! I'm addicted to that filter, it looks great with so many of my dolls.

(05-24-2020, 02:32 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I never realised their slight similarities before. In their style of dress, I mean.

They are a very cute trio!

They all have these steampunky-victorian-esque vibes and vintage color schemes, so they go together nicely, eventhough the design of the dolls is different.

Thanks!

(05-24-2020, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]A very pretty trio... and that is such a cool old clock.  Sounds like it could have been a contender for the "oldest thing in your house" smile

(05-23-2020, 11:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Day 2165846174191188144
LOL
"Blursday"...?

Thank you! The clock is in my parents' place, and I was tempted, but I wanted to use the oldest thing in my rabbit hutch.

Totally LOL

(05-24-2020, 12:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2020, 01:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cute trio!

(05-24-2020, 02:32 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]They are a very cute trio!

(05-24-2020, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]A very pretty trio... 

sly  What an adorable trio of "adorable trio" comments.  slash

I wonder if perhaps we are all spending too much time together. A mind-meld spanning multiple continents and time zones.  LOL

https://www.thesaurus.com/   Tongue

Well, I specifically took this photo to show that they really make an adorable trio, so I think it's OK wink

(05-24-2020, 01:12 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]They do look great together. Red is definitely a theme.

You know me, never enough redheads in this collection!

(05-24-2020, 01:22 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]All the shades of red!  I do love all your girls like that.

Thank you very much!!!

(05-24-2020, 12:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an adorable trio of "adorable trio" comments. 
I wonder if perhaps we are all spending too much time together. A mind-meld spanning multiple continents and time zones. 

What a uniquely colour-coordinated coalition of russet-haired female beings.  All convey a blend of fragility with intensity of ex.pression suggesting the strength of inner complexity and confidence.  The juxtaposition of two of greater stature with a more diminutive companion provides an unusual contrast in the interpretation of one of these things being dissimilar to the others.  

...Only so many ways to say "nice pic".  I mean, all you'd get on Facebook is a thumb  Tongue

(05-24-2020, 03:50 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]

If this were Instagram, I'd respond to this comment with a Heart 2

See, I much prefer to read 'cute trio' three times in a row than count thumbs and hearts and possibly other body parts and not even know whom they belong to...

Day 145

Today I'm celebrating three years of Pullip collecting! Taking a group photo of a group this large is a hassle in my rabbit hutch, so I picked one to represent them all.

[Image: bcc45246d2fe89c1e3689d0dfbcac2b4.jpg]
(05-25-2020, 03:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]See, I much prefer to read 'cute trio' three times in a row than count thumbs and hearts and possibly other body parts and not even know whom they belong to...

LOL  This is why I so much prefer a forum like this over Facebook… Where people actually have more of a conversation rather than just clicking “like“ with a fraction of their attention and scrolling past… Or in one case, a person who posts a “sticker“ on every single photo but has never ever posted a single actual word.

And of course – who else to represent your crew today? Happy Dollyversary!  grin
The perfect person to represent the anniversary! Happy 3rd Anniversary!
Who else could represent the group?
We are always so honoured to see Her Majesty
One to represent them all? Since when did this become a democracy? One to RULE OVER THEM ALL WITH UNLIMITED AND UNQUESTIONED AUTHORITY, I think you meant.

One kingdom, under Her Royal Insane Majesty, indivisible, with liberty and justice for whomever chance and arbitrary whim may favor.

Congratulations for staying in Her Majesty's good graces for three years!
Thank you very much, everyone!

(05-25-2020, 09:33 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]One to represent them all? Since when did this become a democracy? One to RULE OVER THEM ALL WITH UNLIMITED AND UNQUESTIONED AUTHORITY, I think you meant.

One kingdom, under Her Royal Insane Majesty, indivisible, with liberty and justice for whomever chance and arbitrary whim may favor.

Congratulations for staying in Her Majesty's good graces for three years!

I meant representation in media, not politics. But Her Insane Majesty's opinion does represent the opinion of everyone, and if not, they better flee. wink

Day 146

I have a new mini phal! Isn't she the cutest? All my minis are white with purple spots, so I wanted a purple one. She's my only purple lady with cool shade of purple. My other two are warm purple. Grandma's dendro didn't die so far, wish me luck!

[Image: a93f6a13936c56113f0a5f6ea0bb6946.jpg]

[Image: 7ad7eee4c19b5a1548842e26d11bf0c6.jpg]
Oh they are such pretty flowers and the zombie princess seems so happy with them. The flitered version has this sense of calm to it? It's very nice.
(05-23-2020, 11:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Loona - sorry, I don't take comissions, I'm having trouble keeping up with myself, so I don't want to take on more projects.

Thank you, and no problem - I am completely in the same shoes, so I understand your situation from that aspect completely Heart

Oh, a Once Upon a Zombie! It's funny that she is making an appearance now - out of the 4 dolly things I did over the weekend, 2 were finishing rehairing a (non-OUaZ) Rapunzel, and taking out my OUaZ dolls to decide which one(s) I should resell. I have 4 - I didn't intend to, but they came to me together as a lot, nude, in semi-customised state, sometime last year, or the year before? I was planning to resell at least one, but never managed to make up my mind about which ones to keep. Now I think I know (The Little Mermaid and Cinderella are staying. None of them have hair, which is totally OK, as I was planning to make them (mostly) monochrome. Originally I wanted to reroot them, but I'm leaning towards wigs now. I couldn't make up my mind about one single hair colour for either of them :3 )
Both Punzie and the mini Phal are lovely! I love this mini size. I have always admired orchids, but never considered getting one, because I've always heard they prefer a bit more humidity - and our flat couldn't be further from humid.This may be a dumb question (I live with over 50 pots of plant babies, but have zero experience with orchids) is she actually a different, smaller species, or only a younger plant?
(05-25-2020, 09:54 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I meant representation in media, not politics. But Her Insane Majesty's opinion does represent the opinion of everyone, and if not, they better flee. wink

LOL  I understood that, but chose to post my cleverly witty comment anyway!  yay

Zombie chick's vacant-eyed ekspression is... appropriately vacant-eyed and undead-ish. That must be one o' them rare jungle flowers with powerful hallucinogenic effects.
Oooh, pretty. Minis are great because I can cram more on a windowsill. Have you ever tried making crosses? It sounds like a lot of work, with the culture medium, etc. Yay the dendro's still going! I did surgery on my giant out-of-control potinara last week. One of the 3 pieces remaining might be OK... Oh My wish me luck too...
Those flowers are gorgeous.
The flowers are lovely and Zombie Rapunzel has the best colour scheme to go with them.
(05-25-2020, 11:33 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh they are such pretty flowers and the zombie princess seems so happy with them. The flitered version has this sense of calm to it? It's very nice.

Thank you very much!

(05-26-2020, 08:08 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I love this mini size. I have always admired orchids, but never considered getting one, because I've always heard they prefer a bit more humidity - and our flat couldn't be further from humid.This may be a dumb question (I live with over 50 pots of plant babies, but have zero experience with orchids) is she actually a different, smaller species, or only a younger plant?

My flat is also quite dry, but the orchids are fine when I spray them now and then, so you could try, too. Especially phals are quite resilient plants, they can thrive even in less-than-ideal conditions. Mini phals are sub-species of normal phalaenopsis, they're this small when they're fully grown.

They were cultivated to be this small, it's not natural size for phals, so some of them can start growing bigger after some years. That generally happens with more altered cultivars - with age they change closer to what their parents were like, for example, plants with specific color that was achieved by cross breeding two different colored variants will change to one of the original colors. One of my minis started getting bigger after six years, and now it's somewhere between the mini and the normal size. It doesn't seem to be getting bigger any more, so I don't think it will ever develop full-sized blossoms.

(05-26-2020, 09:13 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]LOL  I understood that, but chose to post my cleverly witty comment anyway!  yay

Zombie chick's vacant-eyed ekspression is... appropriately vacant-eyed and undead-ish. That must be one o' them rare jungle flowers with powerful hallucinogenic effects.

Nah, I mean, maybe it is hallucinogenic, but Punzie sports the top notch zombie exřpression all the time.

(05-26-2020, 11:11 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, pretty.  Minis are great because I can cram more on a windowsill.  Have you ever tried making crosses?  It sounds like a lot of work, with the culture medium, etc.  Yay the dendro's still going!  I did surgery on my giant out-of-control potinara last week.  One of the 3 pieces remaining might be OK... Oh My  wish me luck too...

No, I don't feel confident enough to try crossing, plus, I only have so much space for them, so I like to save it for new plants that I know will work (or don't know but got them as a present).

Oooh, a pot! Keeping my fingers crossed for it! I only have one hybrid, Acacallis x Zygopetalum, and she's gorgeous, but never blossoms here. Flower shop lady said 'easy to grow, pretty much same as phals'. Taradiddle! Still green and growing, though.

...Is it just me, or are we slowly turning this place into an orchid forum? LOL

(05-26-2020, 05:03 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Those flowers are gorgeous.

(05-26-2020, 05:20 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The flowers are lovely and Zombie Rapunzel has the best colour scheme to go with them.

Thank you both!!!

Day 147

ADAW #20
Today ve celebrrate the Drracula Day!

[Image: e0fb017779d5aed6e889fccb5dafbbd4.jpg]

[Image: d13b7fb48b12bfceb3ac72b34d223cb6.jpg]

[Image: e96eb839169b254e27c47c34e7ceabc4.jpg]