Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the easy pose here, the comfort of it all.
Thanks everyone!

Day 155

[Image: 0ad4b33222161d657e32200752547cd5.jpg]
Well, she's a pretty one! That yellow and purple music-themed ensemble works together very nicely!
Ah, Melody is such a lovely looking doll
She has cool hair and it is a cute outfit.
Day 156

[Image: b763141cf74c11fbd9df3291c9e71d5e.jpg]
Eerie. But lovely.
Spooky, one is definitely lurking with ill-intent.

Melody share a face-sculpt with Cerise & Faybelle, doesn’t she? They’ve got the same type of nose.
I’m convinced one of them is a ghost sneaking up on the other, but not sure which one.
Such a spooky shot
Many thanks, everyone!

Melody is a re-used Ginger sculpt (I think that Briar's or Ashlynn's would work better for the character, but I don't care, I love Ginger's sculpt to bits, so I'm happy to have another variant of it), Cerise and Faybelle share a different one (Cerise is the OG).

I think the real ghost sneaking up on both of them is the shelf post in the background, you can see its (sort of) face between Lagoona's flower hairpin and Rochelle's ear.

Day 157

I'm using a left-over photo from the scavenger hunt, a spare celestial object. This is children's book about Galileo Galilei written and illustrated by amazing Czech artist, Petr Sís. Now that I'm 31, I love it even more than I did when I was a kid.

[Image: 5b94476a38d2f2838a206e973864c999.jpg]
Ooh, that looks amazing. Your little one seems very interested in it
What wonderful illustrations in this book! They are rendered in a combination of "old fashioned" plus "children's book" style.

Particularly fascinating is the sense of the book and the figure "floating in the inky blackness of space." The image brings to mind a "special effect" that might have been seen in Carl Sagan's Cosmos series years ago.

Plus... science in A Doll A Day is always cool!
Lots of spooky lighting going on at your house, between here and the scavenger hunt! That looks like a neat book. I loved space books when I was a kid. (Sadly, I betcha 90% of the same-aged students in the local school now, have no idea who Galileo was.)
Ahh, I thought Melody was a re-used sculpt, and I knew that Cerise was reused for Faybelle at least, so thought it might have been the same as for Melody.

That is such a cool book - fun and informative both.