Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-12-2020, 03:15 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]The poster shot is very nice - I'm just amazed they're all standing so nicely! It'll be nice to see your run-down of who got the most camera time.

Also, wow, I did not realise the height difference with a Smart doll and a Pullip.

Thank you! Her Insane Majesty is on her stand, placed on a box lid to be higher, Frankie's and Raven's stands are propped by The Royal Crinoline, and Liselotte can stand on her own very well.

Smart Dolls are quite big (60cm), but they're light and very pleasant to handle, so they don't 'feel' too big, at least not to me.

(01-12-2020, 04:03 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:And here's the promised Smart Doll x Pullip comparison

Thank you! That was very helpful... and I love their matching striped stockings, of course!

You're welcome smile

(01-12-2020, 04:38 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Is your light tent a 60cm or an 80cm? It must be fairly enormous to allow you to set up these groupings, and to photograph a Smart Doll in a standing position.

It must be at least an 80cm, because Smart Doll stands 60cm tall, I believe.

Eight or more appearances last year? You kept the Two Queens busy!

(I already have two dolls who have appeared twice in the first eleven days. So much for my plan for more diversity in my ADAD photos!)

My tent is 80cm. Yes - Smart Dolls are 60cm, and I have to put Remei all the way to the back and practically push her onto the background, otherwise the sides of tent show in the photo. Sometimes, when I need to take a group photo with other dolls, the sides show no matter what I do and I have to edit them out. It is possible to photograph 60cm doll in 80cm tent, but it's far from comfortable, I'd like a 100cm one, but I don't have room for it (and if I had, I'd fill it with dolls anyways).

Did I keep them busy, or did they keep me busy? ...Hmmm, maybe I'm better off not knowing LOL
Quite a lot of dolls appeared five or more times last year, so if I were to post them all one by one, I wouldn't be done till April. 

Two dolls who have appeared twice in eleven days? Ha. Remei has appeared six times so far, Her Royal Bonkersness four times (today being the fifth), Emma and Azones all scored three phtotos, and Sig Frankie two...

(01-12-2020, 08:15 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent comparison shot - I get much more of an understanding of how big the Smart Dolls are.

I liked the retrospective last year of how many dolls had multiple pictures, so I now I’m going to enjoy this years as well.

Thank you very much!!!

(01-12-2020, 09:02 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I never realised how tall the Smart Dolls are, so it’s great to have that shot as a comparison to put it into perspective.

Thanks! I like comparison pics. Learning how big a doll is in centimeters only gives me very rough idea, so seeing a doll next to another one I know is always helpful. I plan to take more of these pics when I acquire new sizes and when my 1/4 BJDs have faces.

(01-12-2020, 12:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.  I knew they were 1/3 but seeing the comparison is still striking.
I should do a comparison with Annie & a Pullip... but she'd probably fall over on them... slash
It does look like a poster.

Thanks! Would Annie fall because she'd be stricken by cuteness, or because she needs restringing / sueding?

Day 12

I'm pretty sure no one will be surprised by the fact that my most photographed doll of 2019 was (again) Her Insanely Majestic Madness, Queen Isadora Malvolia the Very First, who has graced a total of 25 photos / days* with her radiant, divine presence.

[Image: f3ca8bd3ed7f12cb878c963f87026a7a.jpg]

[Image: 91250529b5acf4fb19ddf8590ff3107c.jpg]

*days with photostories / more photos count as one appearance
Of course Her Majesty the wine the league here. It's always lovely to see her
I'm sure she'd be the first to tell you, that is as it should be. smile
Twenty-five days! Perhaps this year Her Royal Irrationality will demand a full month's worth of images! She certainly deserves the attention and eksposure!
Completely unsurprising. There would have been consequences if it had been any other way.
Of course Her Royal Resplendency couldn't be overshadowed by anyone else in the kingdom.... LOL

(01-13-2020, 03:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]! Would Annie fall because she'd be stricken by cuteness, or because she needs restringing / sueding?
HMMMM.... Now that's a very good question that I hadn't considered. It might be a little of both! LOL
I rather feel there was some Royal Influence with how often HIM was photographed. Are you sure she doesn’t influence while you sleep?
Many thanks, everyone! I'm not sure I'd get beheaded if Her Insane Majesty didn't have the most photos, but I'm not willing to take the risk LOL

(01-13-2020, 03:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I rather feel there was some Royal Influence with how often HIM was photographed. Are you sure she doesn’t influence while you sleep?

Yes, I am sure about that. That would be a needlessly roundabout way to do it. She influences me when I'm awake LOL

Day 13

Second place goes to my darling Remei, who scored 18 photos last year, which, considering she was practically naked most of the time, is rather impressive.

[Image: 725e33a0e1090d0f605f5740c4dc45dc.jpg]
And Remei is off to a strong start this year! I hope she will take us on more sight-seeing trips once the weather improves!
It feels like Remei wants to overtake Her Majesty this year... she does look super cute and inviting there.
Is Remei starting a revolution?
(01-14-2020, 02:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]And Remei is off to a strong start this year! I hope she will take us on more sight-seeing trips once the weather improves!

I hope so! It IS the plan, but aside from weather, it also depends on my health...

(01-14-2020, 04:31 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]It feels like Remei wants to overtake Her Majesty this year... she does look super cute and inviting there.

(01-14-2020, 03:23 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Is Remei starting a revolution?

OK, to be perfectly honest, I'm confused? Yes, I post her a lot this year, I know, but I always try to ex²plain that no, she's not demanding or powerhungry, she's just sweet and cute and cheerful and I enjoy taking her photos, but I obviously fail to convey the message and somehow make her seem like some sort of go-getter who's hiding behind innocent facade?

I mean, go for it, but don't be disappointed when it goes nowhere, because a) she's not like that and b) this dollhousehold is too small of an ecosystem with way too over-powered apex predator for a successful coup d'état to happen. LOL

Day 14

ADAW #2
I love vintage posters of all kinds, but especially occult and Halloween ones. Mine sucks, the colors didn't turn out the way I wanted (too vivid), but I like it anyways wink

[Image: 54f8f83f2f8448add5c8c5e14b3da927.jpg]

[Image: e9d466d050b338cbdbef368fece2949a.jpg]
Ooh that does look amazing

Honestly, the Remei wants to overtake is more a joke on how she's appeared a lot this year - which is great because she's delightful to see! It is just meant as a joke dear, no harm and I'm sorry if you thought there was. She is an utter sweetie, and that does come across.
Oh, what a superb illustration! The shading is marvelous! And that art nouveau style lettering style! You are quite a calligrapher, it seems!

I would say you have definitely achieved a pre-1930s effect here! Look at those Alphonse Mucha style hair curls!

This makes me feel all giddy with delight! Again, I say, superb!
To me Remei comes across as you want her too - sweet & just wanting to share her interesting adventures with the world (eg us on the forum xp ). I don’t see her as trying to stage a revolution to overthrow your dolly-world-order.

The lettering on your poster is great. I do agree with you about the colours being too bright if you were going for a vintage feel.
What is Rapunzel hoping to learn from her visit to Madame Dinah?