Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They are a perfect pair of twins.
They are adorable and mysterious and lovely... ANNNDDD... we get stripey socks in both horizontal and vertical formats!
One of them looks awfully worried about something...
Thank you for your kind comments, everyone!!!

Day 182

ADAW #25

[Image: cc42ec76c7b68a7f5b33be74aa7e59ed.jpg]

[Image: ac97188b150c6dbe755df51ec5a6d134.jpg]

I doodled her without much thought because I didn't know what to draw, and named her Rothilda for no reason whatsoever. Rottie for short. Now I feel inclined to develop her character more, but if I do that, she'll want a shell...
Rottie looks adorable! I can't help but wonder what form her shell would take.
Twyla looks so proud of the doodle, too.
She's adorable! Another illustration suitable for what would no doubt be a very fun children's book!

Clever name for such a gaunt and gloomy child!
Kind of an Edward-Gorey-meets-Tim-Burton vibe! I love it!
(07-01-2020, 03:53 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of an Edward-Gorey-meets-Tim-Burton vibe! I love it!

I wish we had little heart buttons so I could just “ like” comments.

Yes totally agree woth th Ed Gorey, he is the ne of my favorites!
This is so cute. She totally looks like a children's book character, and with your great imagination (see Oddwickshire) I think she's just begging for a story to be written about her!
Agreeing hard with the Edward Gordy resemblance. She looks just so cute with her toys (I’m assuming they aren’t real animals anyway).

A perfect friend for Twyla - her dust-bunny pet is one of the cutest ones they did.
That is fantastic! She looks like she could be the heroine of her own book.
Thank you very much, everyone!!!

Day 183

You probably noticed that I'm extra MH-nostalgic this year. That's, among other reasons, because it's MH's 10th anniversary. I couldn't find exact date (and the launch in EU was delayed), but it was early (like, really early) July 2010. So I decided to celebrate the anniversary on 1st. I say this whenever I post a MH doll, but I really miss this line, and I'm happy I was there and rode that wave of monstrous awesomeness from the start to the end.

So here's The Crew!

[Image: 8a921f3513db1bc96551b837f6db072c.jpg]

Unfiltered Crew:

[Image: 6a9ae0392d7121d832f3bcf7e6d3f857.jpg]
It's so great to see the original gang of ghouls.

The 10th anniversary.. you know, if you had asked me back then if this line would still be kicking at their 10th anniversary, I would have said yes. It's sad that it's not, even in an adult collector form. Your grouping of the original ghouls just brings such warm feelings, and wow, I really miss the fun of looking for the new releases.
I also believed that MH would stick around at least for a decade, ideally many decades. Imagine the anniversary releases! I was hoping Mattel would do something, but they won't, aside from those cancelled SDCC licensed dolls that might come out next year, but that's a huge maybe, and I wouldn't consider them proper celebration anyways.
Ten years? That's... not possible, is it?

Oh... you're right! I just looked at the date on my first Monster High photos on Flickr: mid-July 2010.

Wow. I feel ancient.

But... the Party Never Dies, as your Freaky Fabulous First Wave crew stylishly illustrate! Fun to see the original cool ghouls in this glam grouping!