Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 201

[Image: e017c351cb373d6f7cdb2baf243fee00.jpg]

I wanted to do a Shenanigary Wishlist check after each milestone, but I don't have anything to scratch off the list this time. Drawing and sewing are ongoing ones, so they'll get ticked off when the whole year is done, and none of the remaining bullet points - shelling at least one Oddling and doing face-ups - were even touched, let alone finished. The list is in sleep-mode right now.
I do love this - like she's fallen over while checking it all out.
Pretty handwriting.
This is how I feel when I look at my 2020 Plans list: I've fallen flat on my face!
And largely lack the enthusiasm to even try to get back up.
I wish I could hibernate for a year, then pop my head up out of my hole like a groundhog and take a look around to see if things have improved.
Another here who feels the same way about their to – do list… And about hibernating too, some days.
I think 2020 fell flat on its face, so we're not to blame for to-do lists that aren't done.
(07-20-2020, 03:47 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I think 2020 fell flat on its face, so we're not to blame for to-do lists that aren't done.

I cannot agree more! And I am the same - there are so many things I have been planning for this year, and the count of the ones I actually did is... well, let's not even talk about it. I'm a huge procrastinator when it comes to my creative hobbies (maximalism constantly telling you it will turn out poop doesn't help when you are about to start/progress with something Irritated ), but I'm trying to convince myself that during the past months it wasn't mainly about this - lockdown and quarantine has affected my mental health significantly, and the creative part of my brain is the first to shut down when anxiety hits. I was simply not capable of thinking creatively and being creative.

Don't be too hard on yourself. 2020 so far wasn't really helping anyone in making it better than how 2019 was. In fact, it even worked against. I think in the current strange times the priority should be to stay safe and enjoy what you already have or have accomplished   - regardless of whether  the accomplishment happened in 2020.

I've recently seen a shirt with a print that resembles a product rating/review and it's givina only one star to 2020, with the comment "really bad, would not recommend". I kinda want that shirt now grin
Thanks guys!

Day 202

[Image: 666735f663394eac97620a3900741bdd.jpg]
I like the pose here, and the way she’s looking back.
Seconding what Elfy has said, I too like the pose. What really surprised me though, is how much Nefera's profile reminds me of that of a Bratzillaz.
Oh gods, the colours here are all just so vibrant. I can't help but wonder what Nefera is looking back at
We are truly in the presence of royalty!
201 comment,

When I saw your girl over tbe wishlist, I was like “ oh no! What happened? ( like she’s alive or something) then when I read your description I was like “ wow nice writing “
Cool hair. You can't lose with blue & gold smile
Briar embodies my feelings at the moment, face planted over the massive to-do list.

And Nefera is a stunning beauty - the gold & teal is a great combination.
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 203

ADAW #28

Sorry, Alliecat, I know everything about this is wrong  Sweatdrop

[Image: 53e1ddf21f192467a19887d8e21eab28.jpg]

[Image: 6b5bebf2f0bdf4bb175d218ccc9f20f6.jpg]