Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you very much, guys!!!

Day 26521498748156... 213. Yeah. That's the number. Day 213

Roommates and sculpt twins, Ginger and Melody. Ginger is this sculpt's OG, but Melody rocks it, too! It's not exactly accurate, story Melody has rounder face with less defined cheeks, so Briar's or Ashlynn's sculpt would be better, but I love her on Ginger sculpt, it's my favorite EAH sculpt and I like having two different characters on it. Their eye colors are switched - Melody should have brown eyes and Ginger violet eyes. Although, maybe this was original plan and webisodes switched them, I don't know. These two are besties in my collection, together with Cedar. Officially, these two are roommates, but not besties, though they get along fine. But I want them to be besties, bcause, well, look at them!

[Image: 26b32fa7ca6a5e2d4a6f2597b6b9f1bc.jpg]

I wish there was more of these two. Ginger had three releases (one of which removed her glasses - a book themed one, nonetheless! Ginger needs glasses all the time, she doesn't take them off for reading) and Melody had one pre-reboot and one reboot version of her sig. Reboot dolls had smaller heads and bigger smiles, and I never got used to them. I have a G2 Melody and sig Meeshell, but I don't have them on display, the smaller heads just don't work among other EAHs. They look under-developed.
Of course they look like besties! They’re adorable.
I agree - they're besties. And adorable
Definitely besties! They look great together.

Ginger is one of my favourites, I’m not a big fan of her shade of pink usually, but it just works so well for her.
Ginger’s pink goes well with her skin tone.
Another lovely, colorful photo of some real cuties!
Thanks, everyone!

Day 214

Mysterious Mr. Schwarzgrab, aka the Invisible Man, doesn't get much 'screentime', mostly because his suit makes him disappear, so even if he doeas appear, you can't see him anyways. But that doesn't mean I don't love him! Everybody loves Mr. Schwarzgrab, everybody's good death depends on him, after all.

[Image: 217906138f42dba107d03f1aa004ded3.jpg]

Original photo:

[Image: 31fa9742290eb8506f9f699f3fc4aa82.jpg]

Oddwickshire has been trying to force a few new characters on me lately, Orpheus's apprentice among others. It's quite an intrusive one, this apprentice, the damn thing really wants to happen... But I'm trying to resist, and shell more of the established characters first, except I keep buying Azones instead (and a new notebook)...
Mr. Schwarzgrab is a very handsome sort.

I can hope Oddwickshire will let you hold off to work out who gets shelled next!
Nah... go for it! Shell the apprentice! There must be a reason the character is being so insistent. The Apprentice may have plans that even you are not yet fully aware of!

Schwartzgrab's outfit is... how I want to dress.

Except, didn't I say just a few days ago that I wanted an outfit like one of werepuppy's characters?

I guess what it comes down to is that I want to escape in to a stylish fantasy world. One in which I could re-invent my life as someone cool... like Mr. Schwartzgrab.
What davidd said about characters. When they’re that insistent it’s often best to give them what they want.
I'd like a suit that made me disappear!
It's fun when characters kinda write themselves. Go for it!
(08-02-2020, 03:53 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Schwarzgrab is a very handsome sort.

I can hope Oddwickshire will let you hold off to work out who gets shelled next!

Thank you!!!

(08-02-2020, 09:23 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Nah... go for it! Shell the apprentice! There must be a reason the character is being so insistent. The Apprentice may have plans that even you are not yet fully aware of!

Schwartzgrab's outfit is... how I want to dress.

Except, didn't I say just a few days ago that I wanted an outfit like one of werepuppy's characters?

I guess what it comes down to is that I want to escape in to a stylish fantasy world. One in which I could re-invent my life as someone cool... like Mr. Schwartzgrab.

(08-02-2020, 01:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]What davidd said about characters. When they’re that insistent it’s often best to give them what they want.

(08-02-2020, 04:02 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like a suit that made me disappear!
It's fun when characters kinda write themselves.  Go for it!

You see, I'm trying to keep my Pullip collection reasonable. If they see they can get shelled before the OGs, they're gonna stage a coup d'état and they'll shell everyone, even the mob characters, using my money. No, not letting that happen! Especially the apprentice needs to chillax a bit, it doesn't even know whether it wants to be a girl or a boy (as in, what doll type - Dal? Isul? Tae? Another Pullip?), I'm not getting a shell for it until it figures itself out. Orpheus and Salome could use an apprentice, they have their hands full, being the only funeral home in Oddwickshire at the moment, but the character simply isn't ready for that yet (and yet it still keeps bugging me about the shell. 'Shell me! Shell me!' 'What are you even?' 'Uh, I dunno, but shell me!').

I want Claudia, and after thinking about it a lot, I don't think I want to use her as a shell for any of the existing characters, also, Jeanne is becoming increasingly tempting (gee, I wonder why...), then there's Keres... So yeah, some new characters will definitely happen at some point, but I really want to give some love to the original batch first. No one from the Lighthouse has a shell, dang it! Library is also understaffed...

Day 215

One year ago this day, I brought home my first BJD and Azone dolls! I'm ashamed to admit that my BJDs' face-ups still haven't been touched upon, so today's celebration will be Azone only.

[Image: e0a3fb3f20e68312c62753a88ca73add.jpg]

Monty usually isn't too playful, but I guess even he can make an exception now and then.

[Image: b3213d83d91945e935573eb8636a039b.jpg]

May also wanted to play with Rick.

These dolls make me so happy. Even the Pure Neemos, which are much less poseable than Piccos, are still very ex³pressive, and quality of all Azone dolls makes them well worth the price. Byt the way, Rick is holding Monty and May all on his own, no doll needed additional support.
Aww, those are both just such aodrable pictures. Your Azones are adorable!
The way the Azones are all playing is so very cute.

And I’m impressed that Rick is holding the other two unaided!
You had a lot of additions in just a year. It looks like a fun group smile