Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-02-2020, 11:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]You see, I'm trying to keep my Pullip collection reasonable.

Jeanne is becoming increasingly tempting (gee, I wonder why...)

No one from the Lighthouse has a shell, dang it! 

1.   LOL  LOL  LOL Yeah, good luck with that!  LOL

2.  I know! I mean, seriously!

3.  I found a broken glass... I don't know what it was, some kind of display case maybe... at the dump last week and I almost brought it home to serve as a lantern-house for a lighthouse diorama. I even had it in the car before the sharp edges of the broken bits caused me to re-think the idea. But now I've been thinking "lighthouse," and, you know, I might have something that might work that doesn't have as many sharp, dangerous, probably tetanus-encrusted edges. I've been wanting to build a Pinky-Street scale lighthouse forever, and a Pullip scale lighthouse almost forever. I'm tired of having so many "forever" projects that never get completed... or started.

The Azone crew is quite amusing... and impressive in number. And most of 'em are kinda steampunk or pirate-ish, which is...

... Pullip Jeanne might make a pretty good steampunk airship pirate, huh? Or... Head Lighthouse Keeper!
(08-03-2020, 12:06 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I've been wanting to build a Pinky-Street scale lighthouse forever, and a Pullip scale lighthouse almost forever. I'm tired of having so many "forever" projects that never get completed... or started.
>sigh<
I only had FOUR minis when I first saw this and told them I'd build it for them "some day".... slash
https://www.amazon.ca/Melody-Jane-Dollho...1?dchild=1&keywords=1%3A12+lighthouse+kit&qid=1596429408&sr=8-1
Should've at least bought the kit then; this is an utterly stupid price and it was much less. Somewhere there's a blog of someone's finished kit and it's fabulous.
I'm an enabler!
(08-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2020, 12:06 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I've been wanting to build a Pinky-Street scale lighthouse forever, and a Pullip scale lighthouse almost forever. I'm tired of having so many "forever" projects that never get completed... or started.
>sigh<
I only had FOUR minis when I first saw this and told them I'd build it for them "some day".... slash
https://www.amazon.ca/Melody-Jane-Dollho...1?dchild=1&keywords=1%3A12+lighthouse+kit&qid=1596429408&sr=8-1
Should've at least bought the kit then; this is an utterly stupid price and it was much less.  Somewhere there's a blog of someone's finished kit and it's fabulous.

https://www.melodyjane.com/dolls-house-n...-unpainted

Yeah, almost $500 USD or Canadian. But... it doesn't look that hard to build from scratch... does it? I mean, the kit is large, but it doesn't have a lot of detail to it.
(Copying images to study later.)

Here's a completed kit that's been decorated quite nicely:  http://www.nanasminis.com/lighthouse.html

Yes, Elfy, you are!  yay
We've now been inspired to find a Pullip-sized airship so Cherie can be a captain. We will report back on how much luck we have finding (or creating) one.

Otherwise, once we can go to the beach again, we will take her to the light house for appropriate photos.
(08-03-2020, 12:19 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, those are both just such aodrable pictures. Your Azones are adorable!

Thank you!

(08-03-2020, 08:15 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The way the Azones are all playing is so very cute.

And I’m impressed that Rick is holding the other two unaided!

Thanks!

(08-03-2020, 11:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]You had a lot of additions in just a year.  It looks like a fun group smile

I'm in love with Azones. I got two this year, third is on her way and I'm going to preorder another one soon, both new ones are going to be Lil' Fairies. With the 1/6 ones, I just go for whatever I like, but with Lil' Fairies, I have this rough image of what I want my crew to look like, and Azone just keeps releasing dolls that are perfect for that! I wish they'd stop for a bit... LOL but if they don't, that's fine, too. I'll get the Lil' Fairy army and then I can concentrate on other dolls (pre-orders are usually a bit cheaper than retail price, and second-hand prices tend to be higher, so I want to pre-order them, if possible). 

(08-03-2020, 12:06 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]1.   LOL  LOL  LOL Yeah, good luck with that!  LOL

2.  I know! I mean, seriously!

3.  I found a broken glass... I don't know what it was, some kind of display case maybe... at the dump last week and I almost brought it home to serve as a lantern-house for a lighthouse diorama. I even had it in the car before the sharp edges of the broken bits caused me to re-think the idea. But now I've been thinking "lighthouse," and, you know, I might have something that might work that doesn't have as many sharp, dangerous, probably tetanus-encrusted edges. I've been wanting to build a Pinky-Street scale lighthouse forever, and a Pullip scale lighthouse almost forever. I'm tired of having so many "forever" projects that never get completed... or started.

The Azone crew is quite amusing... and impressive in number. And most of 'em are kinda steampunk or pirate-ish, which is...

... Pullip Jeanne might make a pretty good steampunk airship pirate, huh? Or... Head Lighthouse Keeper!

Yeah... It wouldn't be that hard if I didn't create this stubborn world LOL

silentdistraction on instagram also has some amazing photos of this girl, but I've been able to resist so far. Now, however, the enabling got a lot more intense!

Good luck with those projects! Broken glass sounds like a great prop for a different kind of diorama, though...

Thank you! But... Four isn't really that impressive, especially compared to what is on wishlist. Azone collection is going to be much, much bigger.

I dunno, I'm not getting steampunk-y or (air)pirate vibes from her (I'm quite fond of the military lolita style, so that's what I see in her)... And... NO!!! The Lighthouse has its amazing one and only true irreplaceable forever together head keeper. I mean, she can be head keeper of your lighthouse, of course, but not in Oddwickshire.

(08-03-2020, 03:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm an enabler!

Yes you are!!!

Day 216

My MH Getting Ghostly girls.

[Image: 659c98f55e09ee8d765da0ac865a243a.jpg]

And I played with curves a bit to make get them even more ghostly.

[Image: 13116b81b8a80fa012a2bc51f73af58f.jpg]

Rochelle isn't wearing her original shoes, these boots are from EAH Through The Woods Ashlynn.
These girls are so beautiful. Getting Ghostly was one of those lines that had each person at their best.

(Also I'd love to know your Azone wishlist)
Gorgeous picture, and beautiful dolls too <3
(08-03-2020, 09:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, she can be head keeper of your lighthouse, of course, but not in Oddwickshire.
I like that plan!  
LOL
But... she'd also kind of have to look like a ghost. Like your glorious ghosts here! What a cool image!
These are the two most beautiful girls to have been released as part of the Haunted line. And also the two Haunted dolls I own as a result (OK, I do have Kiyomi too, but she's rehaired and isn't really her real self anymore ^^). It's lovely to see them together on a picture like this - and especially on a picture like this! Lovely photo, I really like its atmosphere!
I dunno, I think the blues in the original make them look a bit more 'ghostly'... but then I've been staring at rather bluuue photos for a while this evening from last night's moonrise shoot. Anyway, I like how the ghostly girl in the back seems almost to be floating.
I do regret giving away / selling my Ghostiy Rochelle doll, but I did keep her outfit. Ashlynn wore it for quite a while, she looked good in it.
I feel like they’re dancing in the air.
Thank you very much, guys!!!

Day 217

ADAW #30

[Image: 5adb649fe181eb2bf3ecc5b1a1968d32.jpg]

"Your Majesty?"
"Yes?"
"Um, the, uh, point, if you will, of the 'A Doodle A Week' challenge is to, well, um, show the doodle..."
"And?"
"Uh, er, would you... maybe consider posing in a way that would allow for that?"

[Image: 09b4764b375bebb91b0fa804b607d1bf.jpg]

"Oh shush. You're going to take a close-up photo anyway, so you can just make the main photo look good."
"...Yes, Your Majesty."

[Image: bb154f088b801d5a507b75d56c434b5f.jpg]

"You look very regal, Your Majesty."
"Of course I do. Now go and get that thing done."
"Yes, Your Majesty."

[Image: 2a167f9ddb1d2e811a8cdd59f2aa014c.jpg]

Let the Redheadcount 2020 commence!

Last year, I simply posted a bunch of photos of my redheads, but this year, we're actually counting them! I will keep count of dolls and characters separately, eventhough I only have one redhead character with more than one doll.

Characters so far: 1
Dolls so far: 1
werepuppy - my Azone wishlist, like pretty much all my wishlists, is an ever-growing, shapeshifting monster. I keep changing it with almost each new release.

There are some specific dolls I want, like both versions of the newest Milo release or Koi Princess Maya, and then some more general things, like one of each body type, some redheads, a doll on Emotion body, dolls with pastel colored hair in both picco and pure sizes, some redheads, an Iris Collect, an Iris Collect Petite, some boys, some redheads, stuff like that.

With Piccos, I want a main trio with a girl and two boys, and then side characters with specific hair colors - mint, lilac, blue, black, silver. And more redheads. There's always room for more redheads. That doesn't mean I won't get more Piccos after that, but this is what I want to have before I dare to attempt a backstory. I've learnt from my mistakes with Oddwickshire - if I start too soon, I'm going to drown in characters that demand shells!

Monty and May are two thirds of the main trio, and I'm going to get the newest Vel and Erunoe for mint and lilac hair.