Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the positive madness is still going strong!
[Image: march28.jpg]
28 March – Carly Helps Out with a Project

This project, like certain other things in the news these days, seems to be growing ex-ponentially. But the bit we started today is gonna be really cool!

I think.

Carly is helping, so of course it will turn out really cool!
Very intrigued by this project and Carly is, as always, confident.
I can't wait to find out what it is! How nice to have something to look forward to these days.
Carly's confidence is infectious!
So this is what the plans you drew up a while ago is gor?

Carly looks cheerfully confident they’ll will come out well.
(03-29-2020, 09:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]So this is what the plans you drew up a while ago is for?

Yes, it is.

More Carly:

[Image: march29.jpg]
29 March – Playmates Toys iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly Figure

You'd think, with nothing much going on, I'd have plenty of time for A Doll A Day photos, but it doesn't seem to be working that way.
I guess I'm too busy being disorganized and depressed. So once again, Carly steps in for a last-minute save.

Carly continues to put on a brave face while trying to do what she can to help.

As of tonight (Sunday), the USA shutdown has been extended through the end of April.

And it's still blankety-blanking snowing here! Not pretty Christmas-y snow. Wet, slushy, muddy snow. To match the mood of the country and the world, I guess. 
She's so tiny and cute! grin
Oh, so they're not going to re-open everything by Easter (eyeroll)?
Condolences on the snow. It's only a few degrees here & we've reached the "showers OR flurries" time of year for forecasts. It's so BROWN here.....
I find not watching the news -- or at least strictly limiting it -- helps.
Hunker down at SCU-HQ and hang in there!
Carly manages to smile through it all.
Ever-cheerful Carly is here for you at this tough time.

As are the rest of us here on the forum.
Aww, hang in there! *sending virtual, virus-free, socially distant, I mean distanced, hugs*

Carly is a tower of strength.
Hang in there. I hope the snow stops soon!

Carly just wants to make us all smile.
(03-30-2020, 02:55 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Hunker down at SCU-HQ and hang in there!

LOL  Speaking of which, effective today, I have been promoted to an Administrator on the AMMO GI Joe / Action Man forum!

I wish I could be promoted to Admin here, so I could try to do something about the spam.

[Image: march30a.jpg]
30 March – Parcel from Japan

[Image: march30b.jpg]
Oh! What does that say in the bottom left corner?

[Image: march30c.jpg]
Parcels from Japan are always packaged and wrapped very nicely.

[Image: march30d.jpg]
P.O.P. + PINKY STREET – Nami of the Straw Hat Pirates from 'One Piece'

[Image: march30e.jpg]
Packaged figure - close-up

I should probably check out the One Piece series, I think. I mean, cute girl pirates? But from what I read online, it appears to be a long, rambling, and extremely complicated series. Where to start, then, would be the challenge. The series has been running off and on since 1999 and there are currently at least 926 episodes.

This is the first new Pinky Street release (other than the special edition L'Arc en Ciel sets in 2011)  since PK033 in 2010!

No, I haven't yet opened the actual packaging.
New Pinky St! How awesome!
Yay, a new Pinky for adventures!  Piratey adventures, even better!
Open the package, ya lubber!!!!!   Tongue
One time when a new J-Doll arrived I sat for a while looking at the box trying to understand the philosophy of leaving dolls in boxes.  
I lasted about 45 seconds... 

(03-31-2020, 01:48 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I should probably check out the One Piece series, ... it appears to be a long, rambling, and extremely complicated series.
Yeah... that was why I never bothered.
Anyway, congrats Mr AMMO Administrator.