Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yay for new Pinky Dt!

I hope they didn’t stay contained in their box for too long.

And congrats of the promotion!!
I do plan to tackle One Piece... Someday. Funny how something named ONE Piece has so many episodes, eh?

Congrats on new Pinky St! Here's hoping they'll rise from the dead properly and do some original, not so ex³pensive releases!
One Piece is worse than Naruto- ugly art, gross, just won't die. If you want pirate anime, try Harlock or Nadia: Secret Blue Water. One Piece is what they make people watch in purgatory.
Oh, fantastic! I hope you have fun with the new figure!
(03-31-2020, 08:32 PM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]One Piece is worse than Naruto- ugly art, gross, just won't die.  If you want pirate anime, try Harlock or Nadia: Secret Blue Water.  One Piece is what they make people watch in purgatory.

LOL yay LOL  So you're a big One Piece fan, then? Wait... NOT a big fan! I meant to say "not."  Tongue

[Image: march31.jpg]
31 March – Carly Brings Us Today's Doodle Tuesday Sketch

Lots of Carlyness lately, I know. I've been busy, tired, and... okay, alternately freaking out and lapsing in to a near-comatose state of depression... oh, and taking advantage of the few brief sunshine breaks to work on some outside projects. Maybe we'll get some pictures of that later. Or maybe not. More snow in the forecast for Wednesday night or Thursday.
As well as being unfailingly cheerful she can draw!
META!

We don't mind seeing Carly's cheerful face on daily basis, so don't worry about it!

I hope you'll find something to fend off the depression, that might be a bigger issue than the virus itself if this goes on for much longer. Hang in there!
Wow, Carly is a big fan of the meta...

Hang in there! Do whatever you have to do that makes you smile - I'm rewatching a ton of shows that I liked years ago. Tempted to actually write up my current thoughts on the.... Point is, it's something that helps stave off the building ARGH.
This is a great idea for a doodle.
Your cute pix of Carly make me tempted to go trawl around eBay for one... LOL
Carly-inception! Cool idea for this weeks doodle.
[Image: april1a.jpg]
1 April – "I'll spare you the gruesome details... which you're all seeing first-hand anyway."
LOL

I'm glad you decided to keep them, Nellie is growing on me fast!
Ditto to what neon said.
Nellie is a delight. I love her ex.presssion
(04-02-2020, 02:53 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you decided to keep them, Nellie is growing on me fast!

She's growing on me, as well, although somewhat less quickly.  slash She got her own diorama backdrop, custom built for her in 1:3 scale, so I guess she'll be around for a while.

[Image: april2.jpg]
2 April – Max Steel Action Figure

The eBay seller couldn't even be bothered to remove the Goodwill (US thrift store / charity shop) tag. I guess it was the seller's way of saying "Ha ha, sucker! What a loser!"

Only a loser would purchase a Max Steel fig on the secondary market, anyway. Max Steel is a 1:6 scale action figure, similar to... or basically a rip-off of... GI Joe. The line had a fairly long run, 1997 - 2013. There was an animated television series, and a series of animated movies were released in Central and South America.

The figures are poorly constructed, with limited articulation, hard plastic bodies, and vinyl heads just kind of stuck on the top of the hard plastic neck post. The body on this one is dark blue in color, with the tan head. I don't know anything about the backstory of the character, so I don't know if he's a robot or a cyborg or bionic or if he wears dark blue tights.

If Max Steel... gotta admit, the name is cool... is so lame, why did I buy one? Basically as a joke. There are a few members, and one in particular, on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum who despise Max Steel. In kind of a "fun" sort of way. One member recently posted a short photo-story in which Max Steel gets decapitated by a killer robot. Of course I found this amusing, and I decided I needed a Max Steel fig, both to see if they were as crummy as described (they are), and to serve as "cannon fodder" in what, at the moment when I bid on this fig on eBay last week, seemed like a funny idea for a photo-story series, The Death(s) of Max Steel.

Now that a week or so has passed, the idea does not sound as fun or as funny, and I'm regretting the ten or twelve bucks I spent.

I can't believe the seller left the Goodwill tag on the fig.

The firefighter uniform is pretty cool. It even includes a gas mask, which might come in useful during the Time of Crisis.

Anyway, there ya go: Max Steel.