Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That’s one angry doll.
He is very annoyed with that spring. Has one of his exercise things broken?
It's the aggro guy! That spring is about to give.
Well, his resistance training is clearly going well.
In a secret grotto deep beneath the ruins of Spandau Prison:

[Image: april20.jpg]
20 April - "Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You!"
A Hearty Toast to our Leader
Whose Teachings and Tactics are Alive and Thriving
And Which Have Been Embraced by All the Leaders of the World!
(It was only a matter of time until we won!)

Every day it gets worse. New York City and Los Angeles are now requesting that residents photograph and report social distancing offenders to the police through dedicated web portals.
"Snitches get rewards!" says the mayor of Los Angeles. "We want to thank you for turning folks in."
The state of New Jersey is arresting people who voice dissent.
The state of California is filling skateboard parks with sand and arresting surfers.
The state of Hawaii is issuing citations to people who go to the beach.
All churches have been closed by government order. Police are dumping broken glass in church parking lots.

And the entire world, and most of the people in it, is embracing similar actions.

I could go on, but it gets really morbid and even more hopeless, so I'll stop.

(Indeed, now that I've vented, I might even post something more cheerful tomorrow. It could happen.)
Holy cow.
But then I just heard Georgia (?) is opening up all kinds of businesses, like massage & tattoo parlors, nail salons... clearly essential businesses, those (eyeroll). Encouraging people to rat, though, is rather scummy.
So if they open things up again too much too soon, and there's another wave, which there probably will be, what's the answer?
Anyway, nice lighting here again, and the guy in the middle looks particularly happy about things.
(04-21-2020, 12:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, nice lighting here again, and the guy in the middle looks particularly happy about things.

Good booze makes everything more fun. Bad booze is almost as good as good booze.

There are reasons that liquor stores and especially marijuana dispensaries have been deemed "essential services."

As leaked documents from one of the political parties in the previous American election said: "keep them uninformed and compliant."
(04-21-2020, 12:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]So if they open things up again too much too soon, and there's another wave, which there probably will be, what's the answer?

Why, round everyone up and send them to "camps," of course:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/homepage2...index.html

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-en...quarantine

slash
Excellent photo!

Here, citizens like to tell on others, so they don't need any official incentives, but the government and police aren't too strict about that, they mostly intervene only in more serious cases (although we did have some overly eager ones), when people are being really irresponsible, so that's good. We also have a (very slow and not exactly rational, but still) plan for lifting restrictions, so I guess we're doing quite well compared to many other countries.
The lighting in this photo is great.

But wow, things are grim. I... genuinely can't think what else to say.
[Image: april21.jpg]
21 April – Doodle Tuesday: Planning Session
What a cool doodle! I bet you're a whiz at Pictionary. Love the details... you are a talented doodler.
Are you they actually going to build this????? grin

(....quarantine's not a modern invention... in the age of sail a ship under quarantine from the various plagues they encountered, flew a yellow flag and nobody wanted to get near it... (although from somewhere in my research, source not immediately remembered, they also hoisted a yellow flag when they were about to hang someone... slash (Nobody wanted to get near them either, I bet) Not sure that was helpful xp ))
(04-22-2020, 03:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Are you they actually going to build this?????  grin

(....quarantine's not a modern invention...  )

1. Yes.

2. Quarantining "healthy" people rather than sick people is, however, a "novel" take on the concept, as is locking down the entire population of millions of people, completely destroying the lives of a considerable portion of them, for deaths numbering in the dozens, hundreds, or few thousands.

The needs of the very few outweigh the good of the many, I guess.
The Ameliae are actually making a plan? This is an interesting development.
I absolutely love this one!