Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn't any kind of dojo in my town... LOL
Not sure where my distracted mind is this week for reasons, but the poster on the wall with that one hidden letter made me imagine a different sort of clan whose motto is "If a tree falls.... we will heal it" LOL
The ‘dojos’ I did judo and later taekwondo at were usually gyms or halls. We whacked each with hands and feet, not sticks like these chaps seem to.
There are dojos in Prague, but those are different. Very different LOL
Hm, actually I don't if singular dojos ever really took off in Scotland. I've always seen them as classes in a gym or other large area, but no one single building dedicated to it. Though watch, I'll google and be entirely wrong and wonder how I pased such a place all my life without ever noticing it properly.

Sorry to hear that the Clan did not necessarily succeed. I love the slightly aged vibe of the pictures - there's a distinct feeling of it being the late 80s/early 90s when the fad for this was booming.
Like Elfy, not specifically dedicated spaces for dojo’s, generally in halls or school gyms.

Although, there was one recently at the local shops which was in the old real estate agents. It only lasted a few weeks.

They both look very determined about something.
(01-10-2020, 06:19 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Although, there was one recently at the local shops which was in the old real estate agents.  It only lasted a few weeks.

Yes, that was pretty much the story for every martial arts studio or dojo that I remember during my growing-up years; they would open in a vacant storefront, be around for a few months at most, and then quietly disappear. Classes were also held in school gymnasiums and community recreation centers.

[Image: january9a.jpg]
9 January – The Suits from Corporate Make a Visit to the Front Lines

Lady Action, aka The Lady Nichola Lauren Sinclair, commonly referred to around the studio (when she's not within earshot) as The Suit from Corporate or The Fascist Fashionista, is the general administrator in charge of production here at Dollie Dungeon Productions. She rarely emerges from her ivory tower, but is seen here feigning an inspection tour of of the production facilities for promotional purposes.
I have no clue who this is but I bet she could be in some fun stories with your army guys.
(01-10-2020, 03:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I have no clue who this is but I bet she could be in some fun stories with your army guys.

The Fascist Fashionista is Maudlynne's boss.

Or... she is a Tonner Dolls Lady Action figure based on their 16-inch "Tyler" body. About five years ago a company calling itself Captain Action Enterprises attempted to revive the dormant Captain Action toy line, based on the Captain Action action figures introduced by IDEAL Toys in the mid-1960s. As part of the revival attempt they introduced a new female counterpart, Lady Action. The Lady Action character was licensed to Tonner Dolls for a limited edition 16-inch release. Later, a 1:6 scale Phicen seamless version was released.
She certainly looks very action-y! And also dissatisfied, but I gues that's a prerequisite for doing her job.
She looks like a suit from Corporate. And rather pissed at having to make an inspection tour
She really does seem predisposed to be uninterested with work produced so that makes her perfect as a suit from corporate. Though the question must be asked: what brings about her presence today? Is she disastified with the a doodle a week challenge or is there somrthing else she has discovered and must ex.press her thoughts on?

Also it's an interesting back-story about the line - I don't think I've ever heard of Captain Action before.
(01-10-2020, 08:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]She certainly looks very action-y! And also dissatisfied, but I guess that's a prerequisite for doing her job.

Lady Action always manages to find something about which to be dissatisfied, so she can instruct Maudlynne to correct the situation.

(01-10-2020, 09:42 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She looks like a suit from Corporate.  And rather pissed at having to make an inspection tour

Lady Nichola Sinclair feels that venturing in to the realm of the common peasantry is a vulgar and degrading ex-perience. Because with a name like Lady Nichola Sinclair who wouldn't feel that way?

(01-11-2020, 12:53 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]She really does seem predisposed to be uninterested with work produced so that makes her perfect as a suit from corporate. Though the question must be asked: what brings about her presence today? Is she disastified with the a doodle a week challenge or is there somrthing else she has discovered and must ex.press her thoughts on?

Also it's an interesting back-story about the line - I don't think I've ever heard of Captain Action before.

It is, indeed, the Doodle a Week Challenge that has coaxed the Boss Lady down from her lofty lair. She is not entirely convinced that Maudlynne will follow through. 

The Captain Action line was introduced in the States in 1966, and was pretty much gone by the end of 1968. Even though the line did not catch on, there have been at least three attempts to revive it: by Playing Mantis from 1998-2000; by Round2 Toys in 2011-2013; and the licensed Lady Action fashion doll releases by Tonner (2014) and Phicen (2015). While Captain Action has never caught on with the broader toy-buying public, for some reason the character and the figure has a dedicated core fanbase who keep trying to bring him back.

[Image: january10.jpg]
10 January – Monster High Elissabat, wearing her Dragon Games armor
(probably just as well to not ex-plain how she acquired it), stops by to check out
the new martial arts dojo in town. She is less than impressed.

Elissabat could use some clean-up. She has a stain on her face that resembles a bruise (which is slowly fading), which actually looks kind of cool and matches her battle-hardened style, and her hair has become a sticky, glue-y mess. I know I've seen discussions on how to clean up "glue hair." I need to find some suggestions and see if anything works on Elissa. Even with the glue hair and the bruise, she's one of my favorite figures because she exudes attitude (as well as glue).
I recall Maudsie's boss but hadn't heard of "Lady Action".
I wonder if Dawn detergent would work on the glue hair...? If it's not a surface stain on her face Mr Clean Magic Eraser might not help much, but there's that peroxide-zit-cream treatment that people do, which apparently can work well.
She could probably whip the dojo into shape.
Maybe Elissabat used what she learnt at her last dojo to acquire her armour.
I love signature Elissabat! Mine also has a terrible glue seepage.