Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obi-Wan will balance... the recycling?

He looks so proud of himself there.
(06-08-2020, 06:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]He looks so proud of himself there.

Yeah, he's feeling all manly-man-ish as he tosses heavy bags out of the back of a pickup truck.
Doing stuff like that is what must have made him age 60 years in 20.
(06-08-2020, 10:44 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Doing stuff like that is what must have made him age 60 years in 20.

I know, right? The later movies really messed with the timeline, and with my personal "head-canon." I liked the idea of Obi Wan having been in hiding out there in the desert for a long, long time, and having already been older at the time he went in to hiding. Obi Wan, that strange old hermit in the original movie, was a mysterious and intriguing character.

I am not a fan of "backstories" and "origin stories" for characters. Little bits and pieces revealed through comments and references during "present time," sure, but not full-on backstories. I did not want to learn the origin of Darth Vader going back to his early childhood. He was a virtually perfect villain in the original movie, with only a few hints about his background being offered. Similarly, Obi Wan was a nearly perfect hero, or mentor to the hero. And even The Clone Wars were more interesting as a mysterious event from the past that had gained almost mythic status; when Luke exclaims to Obi Wan, "you fought in the Clone Wars?" that is all I ever needed to know about The Clone Wars. It was a conflict of epic magnitude that ultimately drove the Jedi Knights in to seclusion and brought about the end of "a more civilized age."
I find after photographing the Pullips & J-Dolls (and Jake) that I'm really fussy about any figure's photo potential, how realistic they look, and whether a character doll really looks like a character. Seeing Noel Cruz's repaints doesn't help either! LOL But, it's fun to find a new figure you like.
...Maybe Dark Light is an energetic conversion of Dark Matter...?
Again, Carly is super cute. She totally looks like "look what I found!!"
And today's photo & caption made me guffaw LOL xp
Well, I mean... at least he didn't end up in a garbage compactor at the rubbish dump.... Tongue
Does Obi Wan use Force to sort out trash?

I agree about prequels and after the fact origin stories for characters. They usually don't scratch the 'more of this story please' itch well enough and often confuse things by introducing unnecessary inconsistencies and plot holes.
That’s a very big job for a small doll, making sure all the rubbish is sorted & disposed of properly.
(06-08-2020, 05:56 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Does Obi Wan use Force to sort out trash?

Mrs. Obi Wan usually has to force him to sort out the trash.

[Image: june8a.jpg]
8 June – "Crikey! Looks like we're surrounded, mate!"

[Image: june8b.jpg]
"That ugly bugger there looks just like you!"

[Image: june8c.jpg]
"But this festy drongo smells more like you!"

[Image: june8d.jpg]
Bloke Squadron: The very picture of dolly action figure diversity with three hair colors and two eye colors
OMG, what’s going on? Are you trying to accumulate enough dates for the Amelia Escadrille? xp LOL
I knew it! They're ground support for the Ameliae.
(06-09-2020, 01:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, what’s going on? Are you trying to accumulate enough dates for the Amelia Escadrille?  xp  LOL

(06-09-2020, 03:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I knew it! They're ground support for the Ameliae.

My thoughts exactly LOL
Gotta agree with the above thoughts. Ground support!
All flying squadrons need ground support.

Aussie diggers May not be the best choice though, far too independent.
(06-09-2020, 01:41 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]OMG, what’s going on? Are you trying to accumulate enough dates for the Amelia Escadrille?  xp  LOL

LOL  Well, theses guys are definitely the definition of the term "cheap date." I'm sure I could assemble a number of them equal to the Amelias for less than the price of a single Amelia.

[Image: june9.jpg]
9 June – Doodle Tuesday... or in this case, more of a sketch, actually.
Janie wonders if she should even bother starting another project, or finishing any that she's already started.
Has got anything to do with the parking party?