Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An actual owl inside a box? Or a very realistic toy? That’s so freaky!

We had a possum come down the chimney one night & freaked me out completely as it knocked over a pile of cds while trying to escape.
OMG what happened? Injured? I hope it was OK. There are no wildlife rescues within 4 1/2 hours of here, so I hope I never have to deal with anything in need of help. Tell us the story!
An actual owl? I’m sure boxes are not their preferred habitat.
Darth Vader Barbie is so cool, the Dark Side doesn't need cookies to lure fresh blood in!

I also hope that the owl was OK!
Darth Vader Barbie has a very stunning in command presence to her.

Also the gaze on that owl!
I'm going to guess that that's not a live owl... I hope!
(06-15-2020, 10:04 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to guess that that's not a live owl... I hope!

Very alive, but slightly injured. It is now in the capable hands of a wildlife rehabilitation facility and the prognosis for recovery is very good.

[Image: june15.jpg]
15 June – Very Busy Day, so Carly to the Rescue!

A "simple" plumbing repair ended up taking all day and well in to the evening, so Carly steps up for a quick pic to wrap up a grueling day. Thanks, Carly!
Yeah. Gotta love the "simple" repairs that take all day. Carly looks very capable.
Let us know if you hear any updates on the owl. (What happened to it?) Wildlife rehabbers are fabulous folks!
She smiles and she plumbs. What a girl!
Good wishes to the owl, it must have been a bit traumatised by the experience.
(06-15-2020, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]OMG what happened? Injured? I hope it was OK. There are no wildlife rescues within 4 1/2 hours of here, so I hope I never have to deal with anything in need of help. Tell us the story!

If you’re asking about our possum ex-perience? Happy to tell the story.

I was asleep in the spare bedroom (one of us was snoring... ) and I was woken up by a crash & skittering of claws on the landing (the bedrooms are upstairs - we figured it was trying to find the out into the roof). I fell out of bed shrieking to Elfy that “OMG, it’s in the house!”. He flung open the bedroom door, scared the possum on the landing who shot into the spare room under the bed.
Then we tried to catch it in a bucket - that was a failure & Elfy got a few excellent scratches on his arms from it. By this stage, we were a bit hysterical about how we could get it out of the house in the middle of the night. If we had been thinking, we could have just opened the front door & herded it down the stairs & would be free & clear.
But eventually we managed to get it down the stairs, where it shot across the loungeroom floor & up the chimney - which is how it got in in the first place.

We called the Possum Man that morning, and he put a chicken-wire guard over the top of the chimney so it couldn’t get in again that way.
But they’re sneaky buggers, and about a year later it got in again, but didn’t cause us as much panic. We worked out where it got in the roof ourselves & sealed it up. But that meant it couldn’t get OUT of the roof and spent the night racing around the ceiling & swearing at us in possum until we unblocked it so it could get out again.
So Possum Man was called again to de-home it from the roof. We haven’t had it back inside since then, but we hear them on the carport roof or the house roof.

Davidd - I hope it’s okay, I’m glad you could get it to the refuge.
And Carly is ever helpful.
There was another funny possum story. The possum man put a one way gate in the roof, this meant it could get out, but not back in. We heard it leave one night, then it immediately threw a massive tantrum when it realised that it had evicted itself (they’re not all that smart).
That tiny toolbox is so awesome! Always good to see Carly. She's such a cheerful creature.
The tiny toolbox is an amazing thing to see!

Carly is always a delight with that smile.
Nothing as exciting as Possum Tales to relate today. Another long day, another pinch-hit by Carly!

[Image: june16.jpg]
16 June – Playmates Toys iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly figure

(Oh! Today was Doodle Tuesday! I guess... I'm going to miss one! Bummer.)
Gorgeous flowers in front of a stunning view