Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-17-2020, 03:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I thought they were getting early for Halloween.

That was my initial thought, and I was wondering why they were in the toy aisle rather than the seasonal aisle.

(07-17-2020, 03:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Showdown Bandits are cute! I'd prefer dolls / figures to plush toys though, especially Miss Undertaker!

There were a few small (10cm/4 inch) figures for this line. I did not look at them very closely. Perhaps next trip I will.
If I make another trip to this store. It could be a while. A mandatory mask policy is being implemented at many national and local stores and markets, including this one.

(07-17-2020, 09:10 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like Wild Heartz won’t be available much longer.

And I thought it was early Halloween stuff tooo.

Yeah, the future looks bleak for the Wild Heartz Crüe. Unfortunately, the "Walmart Exclusive" gimmick doesn't seem to be an effective marketing ploy.

(07-18-2020, 12:31 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Showdown Bandit designs would make great figures.

I am sad that Wild Hearts Crew did not become bigger. They had great potential.

There were a few small-scale figures on the pegs above the plushies. I did not look very closely. This shelf was a total mess. I kinda didn't want to touch anything.

I don't know what happened with Wild Hearts. No marketing support. One store chain exclusive. Apparently very little enthusiasm from Mattel, or from the public.

[Image: july17.jpg]
17 July – The Crimson Rage Demands a Larger Stage!

An ego a talent this size demands a proportionally scaled venue!

I guess we'll have to see what we can do.
It is a cool little stage, but yes, he looks like he needs more room to spread out.
I wonder how retail toy sales are doing in comparison with other markets.
It may not apply for the US, but I saw stats from here that indicated the toy market was one that has thrived in this situation. Gotta have something to keep bored, cooped up kids entertained I guess.
Ah, but Crimson Rage, do you not realise it is not that the stage is too small, but you are impressive enough to make it seem smaller?
Did Crimson Rage also demand proportionally scaled guitar? This one looks like electric ukulele. Then again, why not, right?

Wonderful lighting, as always!
There is always something to rage about.
(07-18-2020, 02:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]It is a cool little stage, but yes, he looks like he needs more room to spread out.
I wonder how retail toy sales are doing in comparison with other markets.

And room for his back-up band.

(07-18-2020, 05:47 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]It may not apply for the US, but I saw stats from here that indicated the toy market was one that has thrived in this situation. Gotta have something to keep bored, cooped up kids entertained I guess.

For "kids." Yuh huh. Right.  yay

(07-18-2020, 10:08 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, but Crimson Rage, do you not realise it is not that the stage is too small, but you are impressive enough to make it seem smaller?

You have charmed the heart of The Crimson Rage, and he is sending his minions with a message on his behalf proposing marriage inviting you to become a groupie offering you the opportunity to join harem of concubines.

(07-19-2020, 04:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Did Crimson Rage also demand proportionally scaled guitar? This one looks like electric ukulele. Then again, why not, right?

He did. Hooray for eBay!

(07-19-2020, 11:11 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]There is always something to rage about.

Seems that way. Probably why I have a headache this evening.

[Image: july18.jpg]
18 July – Quick random shelfie, because... headache and tired. Yay for Day 200!
It's just my imagination that the plastic wrap looks blood stained... right?
Always surprises me how much larger the Smart Dolls are than the other dolls.
(07-19-2020, 02:30 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]It's just my imagination that the plastic wrap looks blood stained... right?
What blood?...

...Meanwhile, girl on the left is like, “is he going to come over here and talk to me or what?”
Congrats on surviving this far! Quick random shelfies are my method of choice when I have a headache. This shot has wonderfully chaotic atmosphere!

Also... What blood.
Congrats on 200 days! I'm a big fan of the random shelfie so I can't say anything.

Also I love the sense of scale difference you get here.
LOL  What blood?  Tongue

[Image: july19a.jpg]

[Image: july19b.jpg]
19 July – Tærra Symmes

Kumik 16-84 head on a Kumik 2.5 1/6-scale body.
I like the lighting, composition etc. in the first one. Hmmm, looks kind of like Zane Grey western adventurer meets… um, something....
She must have an awfully big gun. xp
She has the dead-behind-the-eyes look of someone who's been battling through the apocalypse for awhile...