Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]She must have an awfully big gun. 

There are... things... out there.

(07-20-2020, 02:48 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]She has the dead-behind-the-eyes look of someone who's been battling through the apocalypse for awhile...

Like most of us these days, huh?
The bullets certainly look like they fit a larger caliber gun.
Ah, what a beautiful thousand yard stare... And I'm not creeped out! What? Did I achieve some sort of endarkenment?

Is she searching for a cave that would lead to the inner world? There must be more entrances than just those at Poles, right?
This girl has seen some stuff, that's for sure. She looks ready to face more.
(07-20-2020, 07:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, what a beautiful thousand yard stare... And I'm not creeped out! What? Did I achieve some sort of endarkenment?

Is she searching for a cave that would lead to the inner world? There must be more entrances than just those at Poles, right?

It must be my brilliantly non-creepy photography technique.  Tongue

And... how did you know that? Are you peeking at my story notes? Oh, wait... I haven't even written that down yet!   Oh My

(I shoulda known you'd be familiar with Symmesian literature and theories, and perhaps The Symzonian website)
When I don’t come here every day I always miss out on so e great photos. Well I guess not since I can still see them.

Great shelfie, the work crew taking a break.

That second one looks so real. Great job!
You are going to do something spectabulous for Post #5000, right....? Tongue
(07-21-2020, 01:39 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]You are going to do something spectabulous for Post #5000, right....?  Tongue

Well, look at that! Almost five-thousand posts! Thanks for pointing it out!

Glad I have one more to go before I get there! Today was going along reasonably well until... the last few hours spiraled in to utter madness.

So Carly steps up yet again:

[Image: july20.jpg]
20 July – Hi Carly!
So glad Carly was on hand to fill the breach.
The woman has seen things, and they’re not good.

Nice shelfie too - and it always surprising to see how big the Smart Dolls are when there are other regular sized ones with them

That’s a lovely glow the lamp is sending out with Carly.
Judging from the warm and peaceful atmosphere of the photo, Carly was successful in saving the day.

(07-21-2020, 02:47 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]It must be my brilliantly non-creepy photography technique.  Tongue

And... how did you know that? Are you peeking at my story notes? Oh, wait... I haven't even written that down yet!   Oh My

(I shoulda known you'd be familiar with Symmesian literature and theories, and perhaps The Symzonian website)

That's probably it!

Haha, I only know what's on Wikipedia, mostly because of one Arthur Gordon Pym. I find it charming that Symmes would pour so much belief and effort into a theory that was disproved almost half a century ago, before he was born. It's not like flat Earthists who insist the Earth is flat simply because that's how they interpret the Bible (I have not done my own research on the topic, but as far as I'm aware, there is room for different interpretations). He wasn't hanging onto some old belief to avoid disrupting his sense of assurance, he wanted to uncover the Truth! It's, in a charmingly naive way, almost romantic.
...And it would be so cool if there actually was an inner world. That's why Oddwickshire has such a vast underground.
neon is right, there is a very peaceful atmosphere from this picture. Like she's found like light and decided that what she was worried about doesn't matter, because she found this light.
Yay Carly grin
I agree, a warm and happy looking photo.
[Image: july21.jpg]
21 July – Monster High Lagoona Blue presents today's Tuesday Doodle
And Lagoona draws from life experience.