Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah, this scene is amazing! Addie would like the figure herself, I think.
Like elfy says - you only see the end shot, not the thumping around & swearing prior to photography sessions. (There’s one Pullip stand that’s probably going to end up in the bin the next time it come apart - the grief isn’t worth it!)

That’s a really neat shot of your dolls with other dolls / figures. They look very chatty about it.
That’s such a fun shot, to see the same figure that was in a scene of her own, now being a “toy“ for the other dolls.

(07-27-2020, 04:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]There’s a bit of swearing involved.
LOL You wouldn’t think someone who “plays with dolls“ would swear like a sailor… But add bugs to difficult poses and dolls falling over… and, yeah…. blush
That's such a cute shot! I being my overprotective me, imagine Triv suddenly going serious and "Oy, no touchy-touch!" as Addie's hand is getting closer to the precious little red lady (who, by the way, seems to share Triv's lack of enthusiasm. She looks like she's trying to escape grin ). After which Janie silently decides to just silently observe the figurine and does not even try lifting a hand grin

(07-28-2020, 02:44 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2020, 04:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]There’s a bit of swearing involved.
LOL  You wouldn’t think someone who “plays with dolls“ would swear like a sailor… But add bugs to difficult poses and dolls falling over… and, yeah…. blush
While I don't recall swearing coming up as frustration release during my doll-related pastime, I have to admit I am otherwise guilty of regular swearing. Luckily it doesn't come as much when I'm doing team or people management at work, but during regular office-talk, and outside work, it can be awful (and it's at its worst when my crappy work laptop does not behave). I don't like it, nor do I think it suits me, but I picked it up at work and just cannot let it go - and it doesn't help at all that this is what I'm surrounded with, as my co-workers are pretty much in the same shoes :/
(07-28-2020, 05:53 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't recall swearing coming up as frustration release during my doll-related pastime....

Then you're not trying... I mean playing... hard enough!  LOL

[Image: july27a.jpg]
27 July – Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin hiking among the Silvery Lupine

[Image: july27b.jpg]
Climbing over fallen logs

[Image: july27c.jpg]
Caught in a sudden thunder shower
Ahh, you have lupins! (Whether or not you put the “e” on it seems to vary here.) Are they always purple? Mine are all done and the seed pods will be popping open soon. The flowers smell so wonderful!
Looks like a fun adventure in the woods. In the last photo, her feet look enormous! LOL
Hopefully Yasmin’s platforms were high enough to keep her feet dry when she forded the flooded path.
Haha, it's the shoes and feet that catch everyone's eyes in that last pic grin Just when people thought Bratz feet cannot get bigger, the reboot line came to prove them wrong grin Those open platforms do not seem to be the best choice for hiking, but they serve you right when you want to get through small streams without getting your feet wet (and if water does get in your shoes, at least it also has an easy way out Tongue )

Lovely scenery! I wish I could be there with Yasmin... I just came back from our balcony, and it's lovely now (it's morning here), but from the temperature and the smells I can tell it's going to evolve into one of those super hot summer days in just a couple of hours. Bleh... A hot day is always much more bearable in nature then in the city centre (working) sly
So glad to see Yasmin again! Her adventures are always so much fun.
Oh, this seems so peaceful to me. Like just Yasmin out ex.ploring, totally at ease. I hope you both had fun.
This looks like it was a lovely walk, even being caught in the shower.
(07-28-2020, 09:15 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, this seems so peaceful to me. 

Yeah, the lighting bolts directly overhead were particularly calming.

[Image: july28b.jpg]
28 July – Doodle Tuesday: These Things Are So Freakin' Cool!

"These things are so cool! They're like hummingbirds, but instead of feeding on nectar from flowers, they feed exclusively on the cerebrospinal fluid and blood of humans and higher primates! They hover silently on bat-like wings over sleeping victims and insert their barb-tipped hollow tongues through the corners of the mucus membranes, usually the eyes or the nose, sometimes through the ears. Using their hollow tongues like pointed straws, they pierce the meninges, the membranes lining the interior of the skull, and ingest a mixture of fluid and blood directly from the brain!

"These are not like creatures from silly fantasy novels that feed on thoughts or dreams or any nonsense like that. No, these little buggers feed directly on the fluid oozing from living brain tissue!

"I mean, seriously, they slurp up bloody brain juice! Neat, huh?

"They were a lot more common up until the early to mid 20th-Century, when houses became more substantial, insulated against the elements, with windows that sealed and fewer fireplace flues. At this point, these fascinating creatures have nearly become extinct.

"I have not yet been sufficiently fortunate to see a living specimen in person. I'm hoping that by using this freshly secured brain as bait, I can lure some in to the laboratory.

"What are they called, you ask? As the result of a targeted program of censorship by the scientific and medical communities, ostensibly to calm public fears, the common names across most languages have been lost to history, and all taxonomical records have been ex-punged from the scientific literature."
Oh great, vampiric hummingbirds.
They are so cute!!! I want some for pets! I'm pretty sure my brain is safe, because there's quite a lot of zombies around here, and they never seem interested, I think migraine-infested brains taste nasty.
They look like they'd make perfect pets for the Addamses.