Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Three in a row, adorable. There is no other word.
So cute sharing a story / book.
Thank you everyone.  I do think they're adorable together.

(05-15-2020, 01:43 PM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]One that looks suspiciously like mermaids... Anything you wanna tell us about where your crew met these friends,  Sunsette..?
Heheh.  I never considered that...  Kailani always struck me as should-be-a-mermaid; I hadn't thought about Sara as one.  Doryn, having worn some wings and posed as a flower fairy, I thought of as a fairy type.  But... who knows...??  smile

Wellll....
Not a pic I intended to be taking....  We talk about dolls as 'therapy', and while most of the time doll photography is light-hearted fun, there are times when we can use it to make a statement, or ex-press ourselves more directly, or sometimes just work out our feelings about something.
Canada is mourning the loss of one of our iconic Snowbirds team, following a crash on Sunday.  The public affairs officer, whose updates we've all been reading on Facebook, was killed.  The pilot is badly injured but ex-pected to survive.  From what is known so far, there might have been a problem with the plane on takeoff, and they were too low for the chutes to open.  
They were trying to do something special, flyovers across Canada to raise morale, give people a thrill and salute front-line workers, as well as honouring some other military aviators whose helicopter crashed recently.  That this should happen in the middle of such a well-intended initiative is even more heartbreaking.
I've been a fan since seeing them at a Halifax airshow, and was following this tour daily. I'm just so sad about this. So, since one of Daesani's pix last week was inspired by a photo someone took of one of the team members, I felt like I wanted to do a memorial sort of photo.  Some of the PTFCo crew put the plane kite back together and lit a candle for Captain Jenn Casey. 💔

[Image: 49915146951_3246076ca7_c.jpg]
That’s a lovely tribute. It’s so sad to read / hear what has happened.
Sorry to hear about the tragedy. That's a really splendid tribute.
That’s a beautiful tribute.
Sorry to hear about the awful tragedy.

Your tribute is wonderful.
This is a lovely photo.

Sad circumstances inspiring it, though.
Oh. I'm sad to hear about the tragedy... but that is such a well-thought-through setup, and a lovely photo, it pays a beautiful tribute to Captain Jenn Casey.
Thanks, everyone.
I watched the broadcast of the motorcade for Capt. Casey on Sunday when she arrived back in Halifax.  It was heartwarming to see so many people lining the road all the way from the airport to the funeral home in town -- about an hour's drive, and there were people here & there, all the way, with flags & red shirts.
Could be months, to a year, before they finish investigating what happened to the plane sad

For this week's pic, here's Ros who hasn't had any camera time in a while, with one of my only two daffodils.  Have to put wire around them or the deer will eat them too  >sigh<

[Image: 49946796198_76d6722948_o.jpg]
No daffs bloomed for me this season. A little bit of greenery came up, but no blossoms.

That's an interesting variant of a daffodil.

Pretty brown eyes on this girl!
You do such great pictures of dolls and flowers.
Pretty lady with pretty flower! I love her calm but cheerful face!
Ros looks so content with the flower. There's a calm feeling to this picture.
The way your Ros is posed with the flower reminds me of tbe Strawberry Shortcake girls / series.

Lovely shot!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25