Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Sara is so beautiful.
Sara is beautiful indeed, and I'm also in love with her wig - it's such a gorgeous shade of green! I too am suddenly tempted to get a wig in this colour and use it on someone - but I have no idea who should be the one Tongue
Thanks, everyone smile
I thought I would re-wig her when she arrived, because that mass of hair is just... so... BIG.  But, I ended up leaving it.  You wouldn't think purple eyes & green hair would work together, but... 
And of course if I leave her as is, she & Doryn match.

Well, where did THAT week go.  "Yesterday" I said, "It's only Monday; I have all week to get stuff done & catch up on sleep before the horrible run of 4 far-too-early mornings in 5 days."  Now, 2 down & 2 to go, & I should be in bed NOW.  Sigh.
So, double-dipping on this week's Dal House challenge, for which the theme was "green".
Midnight alligator hunt?

[Image: 50306088073_c58bae2d7d_z.jpg]
Love this! It’s so cute and whimsical!
A midnight alligator hunt sounds like fun.

But you kinda have to move to Florida to search for alligators.

And right now, Florida... well, you know.

Cute "green scene" for the contest.
There are a few other states that have alligators. Louisiana is one. I saw alligators there. Admittedly a guy from Mackay Queensland in our trip said they were ‘babies’ compared to the crocs he’d seen on his uncles’ farm.
(09-05-2020, 04:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few other states that have alligators. Louisiana is one. I saw alligators there. Admittedly a guy from Mackay Queensland in our trip said they were ‘babies’ compared to the crocs he’d seen on his uncles’ farm.

Louisiana has even more COVID than Florida!

Yeah, American 'gators are all babies compared to Queensland crocs!
Midnight 'gator hunt sounds fun. I should find what can I 'hunt' for around midnight...
(09-05-2020, 06:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Midnight 'gator hunt sounds fun. I should find what can I 'hunt' for around midnight...

Wouldn’t that be when the vampires are most active?
Midnight 'gator hunt is something that sounds way too much fun.

Wonder what I can for at midnight?

Apart from haggis, obviously. It's not in season, anyway.
(09-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2020, 06:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Midnight 'gator hunt sounds fun. I should find what can I 'hunt' for around midnight...

Wouldn’t that be when the vampires are most active?

Can't hunt my own kin, haha, and I'm not comfortable hunting down humans, either. Maybe ghosts? To collect them and display them in my own haunted mansion... I need to build a haunted mansion...
Sara has the most beautiful shade of hair.

And the midnight alligator hunt sounds like fun, and excellent use of green theme.

Hmm, bunyips & drop-bears would probably be things we would hunt here, but the bunyips would only be close to billabongs I think.
Thanks, everyone!  smile
I wasn't going to use the flash one, because it wasn't that great, but, the non-flash ones weren't sharp because the light was too low.  It was late afternoon & they were backlit.  

(09-06-2020, 12:01 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, bunyips & drop-bears would probably be things we would hunt here, but the bunyips would only be close to billabongs I think.
Once again this forum proves to be quite educational, because although I had heard the name, I didn't really know what a bunyip was.  So, off to read!  LOL  They sound like pretty varied creatures...

[Image: 50328725432_b5c2f1460d_z.jpg]

A plug for "Dragons & Beasties", an artist who makes squee-worthy cute sculptures, mostly dragons.  Recently she's started doing plushies & vinyl figures so the people who can't get one of her sculptures (which sell out in literally minutes) can have something.  This is Rosa, who was released this summer.  Her card says, "Rosa the artist is never without an iPad so she can draw all the beautiful and cute things that cross her path.  She loves the small animals that ride in her mane, and her mug of coffee never runs dry."  The mouse's name is Daisy.  Rosa has velcro on her paws to hug her.
Here are some pix of the character.
With the exchange rate and insane shipping, she is the most ek$pensive plushie I'm ever likely to have Whacked But, I remind myself I'm supporting an artist I like.
Not the "incoming" I posted about in the waiting room thread, but she arrived last week.  Thanks to the USPS debacle, she took a MONTH to go up the west coast from Anaheim to Vancouver... then across Canada to Central Nowhere here, in 4 days.
I love Rosa and her little friend Daisy. I once wrote a story about a bunyip for a story challenge on another forum I frequent.
They're adorable!!!

Although that thing with iPad makes me feel old... *hides her paper sketchbook behind her back*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25