Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Oh wow, that is one of the most adorable plush I have ever seen.
This forum is pretty nostalgic to me recently. This time is's another childhood movie I was reminded of - by bunyips. A local TV aired the Dot children's series in 1994 (which I would have never remembered by heart - I know this from our best friend Google. It actually surprised me, as I believed I was much younger when I saw them), and my parents have recorded several episodes for me any my sister. We rewatched them countless times, and really loved them. The first episode, Dot and the Kangaroo mentions bunyips, and there's also a song about them (those who don't know it can listen to it here). I'm ever grateful they didn't translate the songs, only subtitled them, so it's the original versions I remember, and I can listen to them again whenever I want to. I still know all songs from this first episode by heart.
I'd love to read your story written for that challenge Elfy.

Midnigh croco-hunting sounds a bit scary, and I'm suddenly happy we don't have crocodiles around here. Or bunyips. I'm very happy with the bats and the occasional owl, thank you smile

Rosa looks lovely both in plushie form and also on the illustrations on the page you linked. It's nice how she manages to be both bright and pastel - lovely colours! Her description is cute and also unusual for a plushie. I melted a bit at the part about her loving the small animals that ride in her mane, aww :3
I’ll see if I can hunt the story out and post it somewhere on the forum. It’s less than 1500 words.
She's utterly adorable - I love her colours and her ekspression & the little mouse friend.
Bunyips... songs from animated Australian television program... and now I have Kiki Koala's "Hello Hello" song stuck in my head. Thanks, guys!
LOL
Try googling Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree if you really want an annoying ear worm.
(09-12-2020, 09:56 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Try googling Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree if you really want an annoying ear worm.

Thanks for that! It’s now flip-flopping between that & Down Under by Men at Work. That is very very annoying!!
(09-12-2020, 09:56 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Try googling Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree if you really want an annoying ear worm.

Google? No need! We learned that song when I was in primary school! Laugh, kookaburra! Laugh, kookaburra! Save some there for me!

That and Waltzing Matilda. Why they were teaching us Australian songs I do not remember, but I remember the songs, and am very happy to have had such a thorough and wide-ranging education!
Did you have an Aussie teacher? There have been calls to make Waltzing Matilda our anthem, either that or Khe Sanh by Cold Chisel.
(09-11-2020, 06:08 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Although that thing with iPad makes me feel old... *hides her paper sketchbook behind her back*
I know, right! Kind of a weird digital-era intrusion... It was a Really Big Deal for me to start writing on a computer after forever on lined paper! (Which lately I feel like I should've stayed with.... slash )
Heh, we learned that & Waltzing Matilda too. Don't want to date myself, but the lyric we learned was "gay your life must be". How times have changed....

Rosa's back this week, helping Samantha out with the last round of the Dal House challenges, with the "violet" theme.

[Image: 50362218746_d94eb5c4a0_z.jpg]
Oh, that is a lovely violet pic for the Dal House contest! So cute with the purple dragon!
This color palette sooths my soul. Or what I have left of it anyway.
Rosa and Samantha look great there. Representing for the lavender crew.
Such a soothing sense of colour...
Thanks, all.

Daesani's here this week, doing the pirate thing again.  She had a big photoshoot today which involved dragging out of bed before sunrise for the good light, driving halfway down the island for the right beach, a little too much wind so a couple of faceplants in the sand, and getting set up and the shot in the can before people started showing up -- who the heck goes for a walk with their pre-teen kid at sunrise????
Not sure if I can post that one yet cos it's for a contest, but then we did some additional photos on the porch later.  All the hijinks earlier are probably why she looks a little tired in this photo!  LOL

[Image: 50380569043_abc86049a2_z.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25