Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2020*! (The END!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Thank you, everybody!

Weather has been crap, painfully little sun, and just generally not enough daylight for photos.  And since it was -10C in the sun with wind chill somewhere around -19 or so according to the forecast, with the end of the week drawing near, it's hand-held-snapshot time.
Here's Crystal Kalikimaka SugarPlum with my dendrobium in a patch of short-lived sun through a window.  Dreaming of flowers blooming in warmer places.

[Image: 49405868238_96dc15f8d3_z.jpg]
Ooh, so much purpley prettiness! I love her little hat.
I love all of your photos so far!

Looking at today's picture, you wouldn't even be able to tell how cold it is, she looks so warm and sunny!
Given the conditions, that's a great picture and as DeadlyNova said you really can't tell how cold it is over there. Meanwhile we're getting hot weather broken by the occasional thunderstorm.
What a lovely little lady, in lovely flowers! I love the shade of brown on her hair, especially combined with her purple eyes!
She looks lovely against the purple flowers.
She is such a gorgeous girl and I am sure she appreciates her backdrop smile
Such a gorgeous girl, and those purples are just stunning.
Thank you very much, everybody!  I'm so happy to have Connie Yummy Sweets's only (so far) mini, and so glad I jumped on the purchase when I saw her.  I found the little hats on eBay and they really are adorable.

I don't seem to be able to get photos before the end of the week, lately.  My enthusiasm for outdoor photography varies in direct proportion to the temperature, and I don't have much room to set up indoor shots with decent light.  This week, by the time I got through with another errand, my planned beach-shoot was in rapidly dwindling light.  I think I got a total of four photos.  >sigh<
Anyway, double-header this week, cos I can't give one of the new girls the shot and not the other, right...?  It seems to be fairly common for new crew members to arrive in pairs, and this week I'm introducing Taryn and Catherine, who are members of the "Tarot" & "Constellation" doll lines from Aliex-press.  Alas, they came with some quality issues...  I'll give them their own thread when I get a few more pix, I hope.

[Image: 49441811452_49b67c555b_z.jpg]
Taryn is billed as something to do with a "wheel of fortune" from the "Tarot" line.

[Image: 49441811087_d20cc981a8_z.jpg]
Catherine is supposed to represent the "Cancer" zodiac sign.  Unfortunately, along with a fused torso joint, she has a wonky eye.  Well, real people have imperfections too, so, I'll keep her.
She really needs a green-woodland background, but my fairy glade is snowed under, so dead grass was the best I could do for now.
They both suit the 18th century pirate romance vibe more than what they’re marketed as. Your beach shots, even in trying conditions, are always so good.
(01-26-2020, 12:00 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]They both suit the 18th century pirate romance vibe more than what they’re marketed as. Your beach shots, even in trying conditions, are always so good.

This!

The pirate girl is pretty!
They both look lovely, even if it’s hard to see how they represent the things they’re supposed to.
Yeah, they fit the romantic vibe a lot more than their intended.... but they are both very pretty.
Thanks everyone!
(01-26-2020, 12:00 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Your beach shots, even in trying conditions, are always so good.
Aw, thank you smile  I often think, it feels like 90% of doll photography is staging...  I shoot quite a few to get the right pose and try to make them realistic.

[Image: 49457130023_aec4f6899f_z.jpg]
"It's my BIRTHDAY!!  
"Seven years ago I arrived here on this date after a long journey.  Mum drove to the beach to open her mail in the car.  (It was too cold to sit on the beach.)  I can still remember how she opened my box and peered in and the very first thing she said was 'Oh, you're so CUTE!'"

[Image: 49457129883_40cd7a5239_z.jpg]
"Mum's not feeling that great this week so we're not partying tonight... but then, PTFCo is a perpetual party anyway, right....?"

"These are today's pix, but for a bonus we're peeking into the archives...  Here's one of the very first photos Mum ever took of me on my very first photo shoot!
"Thanks for sharing our adventures!
"Love, Sunsette  Heart 2  "

[Image: 13479365674_6e1af536de_o.jpg]
Happy birthday, Sunsette!
Hope you feel better soon, Alliecat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25