Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Daesani's confusing not-quite makeover (??)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Y'all know Daesani is a redhead.  She just is.  Ever since I saw an owner photo with a red-haired Date Masamune I knew that was the colour I wanted to replace her bad box-hair stock wig that was the same length all the way around.  However, after that unfortunate incident with the fire a year ago, she has needed a new wig.  I just haven't been able to find the perfect shade of burgundy that didn't cost an arm and a leg with the 35% $CAD exchange.  It's not bad from the front but was soooo ratty & crispy in the back.
I got one that was advertised to fit Pullip -- and did not.  So, more waiting.
This month I found a couple of very cheap wigs and did the Photoshop test, & thought one would work.  When they arrived, I was surprised to find the one I thought was "it"... probably isn't... and the other one is a little better.  I'm still not sure -- I'll probably keep my eyes open for another burgundy wig.  But...
What do you guys think?  Should she be blonde???

First makeover with the red wig:

[Image: 15837725899_8ca7e2e812_o.jpg]

[Image: 42963217240_ce5d2d9815_o.jpg]

First up:  strawberry blonde.

[Image: 49835937421_4d0d45f087_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835403048_c60dd350c6_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835402978_09f99ae90e_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835937391_1449552f88_z.jpg]

Then, light blonde:

[Image: 49836241707_cc8a24e306_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835402828_8944d124ac_z.jpg]

[Image: 49836241832_4dbb1b085b_z.jpg]

[Image: 49836241767_c4042dca4d_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835402778_4289e5aa83_z.jpg]

[Image: 49835937141_a35eec99aa_z.jpg]

I guess I'll have to stop rolling my eyes at "which wig should I use" posts.  Like, you can't make up your own mind?  But -- here's such a post from me, haha!  I kind of prefer one of these over the other, but, I also kind of think she's still meant to be a redhead (?). (And crap, now that I'm looking at the photos I'm not sure about the blonde one being better than the other blonde one after all -- auwe!! Irritated )
What do you guys like on her and why?

Thanks for looking smile
My strong preference is for the purple wig in the sitting-on-the-railing pic. I'm always a fan of bangs. The shape of the hair softens her face, making her look very sweet and feminine.

My initial reaction to the blonde wig she's wearing in the 'boots' photos was yes! Oh, yes! Very 1960s mod! But on closer inspection, focusing on the hair and head rather than on the overall impression with the outfit... nah, maybe not. In the close-up pics, she looks rather boyish. That center part in the blonde accentuates the angularity of her chin and her eye treatment, making "her" look a lot like a "him."

So in terms of looking more feminine, the more wild style of the strawberry blonde ultimately works better than the light blonde; or at least, if you want Daesani to look like a girl. Nothing wrong with a more gender neutral look. But she's always been definitely a feminine girl in the past. The less groomed look of the strawberry blonde hairstyle suggests an active lifestyle with a sense of adventure. The pinkish tones harken back to her original burgundy-red hair color. Plus, it's kinda got the bangs thing going on, so points from me there.
I love the strawberry blonde on her!
I think she looks best in the burgundy wig in your first picture, or as a red-head in general. But if I had to choose between the two wigs here, I'd choose the strawberry blonde one. The style is cuter, but also the light blonde one looks really strange with her eyebrow color, in my opinion.

She looks cute no matter what, so I hope you can settle on something!
I fully realize it's not my place to tell you what you should do with your dolls just because I have fetishes I can't handle as a grown-up person should, but... KEEP THE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Seriously though, just use whatever you like best. Maybe she wants to be blonde for half a year and then she'll ask for a new color again?
Of the 2 blonde options, I like the strawberry over the plain blonde.

But otherwise, keep her as a redhead, she looks amazing that way.
Another vote for the strawberry blond; it's cute! The light blond kind of washes out her face.

Maybe the perfect (affordable, non-burnt) red wig will present itself down the road.
Some good observations here; thanks, guys.
Very interesting that between here & Omocha Crush, the vote was unanimously for the strawberry blonde.  (Except for several "KEEP THE RED" sentiments, with which -- sigh -- I have to agree! LOL )
The funny thing is, the strawberry blonde was the last one of several I tried on the photoshop test, and hadn't ex-pected it to work, and -- in the photo -- went "Yes!"  BUT... when they arrived and I tried them in person.... the strawberry blonde felt too much the same colour as the rest of her face -- I guess I'm used to seeing a contrasting colour with the red -- and it just seemed to blend in with her face and not do anything for her.  The blonde was more of a contrast -- yes, a bit of a mismatch, but the contrast seemed to stand out more.  She looks a bit like those dark-haired girls who dye their hair very light (a look I generally don't much like, ironically).  
Neither of these things is conveyed in the photos -- they really do look different than they do in person.  The photos seem to give the opposite result from the in-person look.  Maybe she will have to switch back & forth for a while (which is a pain because I want to stick one on & be done with it).
I looked at red wigs again recently... I think it was the "Can can" ones...  even a $25 wig, which I gather is about average, with shipping and $CAD... comes to something like $43.  I only paid $70-something for the doll, so it seems a bit ridiculous.
My own stupid fault for trying to do a special-effects photo with freaking FIRE  Irritated
I guess it serves me right...
I think I'll keep watching for a wine/burgundy (and what the heck is the difference, I see both listed on that site?) ... maybe when the world makes some sense again and some more moneys are coming in, maybe I'll splurge.
(05-03-2020, 11:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]My own stupid fault for trying to do a special-effects photo with freaking FIRE  Irritated

You could just leave her in the toasty red wig.

That's what I did with Firebug Amelia. And her burned spot is even in the front!
Ergh... but lil miss Firebug has a "spot". Dae's is the whole bleeping back of the wig Oh My