Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 2021 Doll A Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Elfy has some great ideas for photos, so I copy him with a bit of a twist (so we don't post basically the same thing each week).

[Image: 0d8529b7eff323d6ff79aee3b58e1898.jpg]
Yari "helped" Daisy with some gardening today.  Daisy was a bit horrified by how much she cut down  LOL

But it did clear out some of the growth, and Daisy found a name-sake flower
[Image: 3a7cdb2ffbba7359fdd72b2f1e635bf0.jpg]
The namesake flower is very cute, just shyly hidden away there.
Aw! I hope Yari pointed out the namesake flower and got a few points back in Daisy's book...
Wow, look at all that greenery. I hope Daisy got to keep her flower. Is that a bird of paradise in the background?
Well spotted, Allie! Yes, it is a bird of paradise.
Ohhh, I wish!!!! >sigh<
Who gets to drag all that "slashed" debris to the mulch pile? Looks like a lot of work ahead!
(05-26-2021, 11:43 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Who gets to drag all that "slashed" debris to the mulch pile? Looks like a lot of work ahead!

Fortunately the green bin is just out of shot, and Elfy did a great job of shoving the debris into it.
My contribution to the gardening is supervising the tree loppers this Friday. Oh, and I potted a broken piece of succulent yesterday LOL
A day late this week - Life is Happening at the moment.  But I have a week of Annual Leave to recharge myself.

It was a very cold start to the day today, and Locksley (my biggest bear) couldn't wait for Becky to finish making the blanket before he claimed it.  LOL

[Image: da19f9bf0587d1caab85515fefa51729.jpg]
He looks like he would bring warmth to a chilly day!
Seeing him like this with Becky reminds me of exactly how large Locksley is.
He looks like a gentle giant smile
How long does it take Becky to make a knitted blanket that is ten times her height in each dimension?
(06-01-2021, 11:54 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]How long does it take Becky to make a knitted blanket that is ten times her height in each dimension?

Umm, translating from human-sized times, maybe 100 years??  LOL  Each square is around 30cm x 30cm (or 12in x 12in), so they're not quite 10x her height  Tongue

truthfully, this was my travelling project, so I don't know exactly how much time it took, I started it on 27 Jan, and finished 30 May, and there are 12 squares in total, and then the joining & border.

Alliecat - it is quite a warm blanket, Elfy was using the other one I made in December last night as he was colder than usual.

Elfy - I'd forgotten how big he is too, even though he usually sits (and fills) the human-sized chair in the bedroom.

Dargo - he is.  He's not my most-favourite of my bears (that would be Teddy, my original bear), but he's pretty close.
I've had a week of annual leave this last week, and have enjoyed sitting on the couch & reading or knitting (plus watching loads of college softball  LOL )

Tristan approves of my latest book - a favourite author in a favourite historical period (Im also entertaining myself my compairing it to Kingdom of Heaven - the film with Orlando Bloom & Eva Green).

[Image: c911f265b6e7f090471a0d8f01acacb7.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20