Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Poor Lea does look upset.
Oh no! Lea's ekspression certainly sums up the way I feel when faced with car repairs. The inconvenience, the time, and the money! Always lots and lots of money!
Awww! sad
Well, a neighbour will let me borrow his van if I really need to. So I got to work. The van puts me in mind of one they had at the dolphin lab I volunteered at in Honolulu on my first trip to Hawaii. It was not-so-affectionately known as the Moving Death Trap. LOL
The M.D.T. Mark II rattles, has cobwebs, and smells like chickens. But hey, it was nice of him to offer it LOL

So this is my week. Had to press the editorial assistant into service.

[Image: 50984503082_7b91f24b9c_o.jpg]
The editorial assistant appears to be falling asleep on the job. Perhaps you need to jazz up your prose!
LOL
Lea does look very upset n the garage. Hopefully it won’t be too long or too ex-pensive a repair.

Editorial assistant looks very tired there, you’ve been working him too hard
I think he looks focused. He won't get up until he gets the job done, as long as someone keeps bringing him tea.
(02-20-2021, 11:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ](...) plants are basically immortal, because the ones that can bud or grow from cuttings or sprout offshoots or whatever, are propagating themselves, genetically... I thought that was cool.  So you could have like a 7th generation spider plant or something, and it would still be the same plant.

Yep, I also find that really fascinating. But I'm not sure if I'd look at such plants as the same one - yeah, they are technically the same genetically, but somehow my mind likes to think of them in terms of roots when determining where the 'borders' of individuals end - so if it's a cutting that grew its own roots and continued living with the help of those, I usually think of it as a new plant, a 'child' plant. And I definitely wouldn't consider the 'mother' plant's age when determining how old the plant is - especially because that previous plant might also have started as a cutting too, and I have no clue how old its 'mother' plant was and if it was a cutting, or grew from seeds. Aaand I think I've probably just crossed some border between biology and philosophy Tongue

(02-28-2021, 03:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I think he looks focused. He won't get up until he gets the job done, as long as someone keeps bringing him tea.

Seconding this, editorial assistant looks pretty focused and determined to finish the job also to me.
(02-28-2021, 06:07 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Aaand I think I've probably just crossed some border between biology and philosophy.

slash Which now leaves me wondering... is there a border between biology and philosophy?
That is a face of concentration. He's focused!

(02-28-2021, 03:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I think he looks focused. He won't get up until he gets the job done, as long as someone keeps bringing him tea.
Much like me...
Well, sometimes LOL

[Image: 50987536272_00d2739754_o.jpg]
NOW he's resting.

...I have "child" plants too, like the spider babies, jade cuttings, an orchid keiki, but, they're kind of the same plant as well... Hmmm..... Another incarnation? Yes, very philosophical.
Very cozy! That's my kind of "work".
Your assistant may take a while t get the job done, but he will get it done.
(02-28-2021, 08:15 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2021, 06:07 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]Aaand I think I've probably just crossed some border between biology and philosophy.

slash Which now leaves me wondering... is there a border between biology and philosophy?

I guess that depends on whether you ask a biologist or a philosopher grin I am not the best-suited to answer such a questions, kinda belonging to both sides (even 'officially', having one degree in philology and one in natural science), and that's an internal battle I've been having ever since I existed.

Ahh, looks like he's been working through the night! That's how the husband sometimes found me when I was writing my theses in the nights after working full-time during the days.
Victor's not the only one who's been working through the night!!  When your publisher hands you half a dozen assignments so late that you can't help but run past the deadline  slash

Two months of pic-a-week past already!  And 2 months of a not-so-terrificallly-started year.  And, 15 days till spring, WOOOT!!!!
Well, officially.  Here it won't be spring till May Cry  The other day it was -9C in the sun, with a roaring house-rattling gale that probably doubled that wind chill.  Catherine looks warm here, but, the only warmth is inside the window.  We are soaking up what's available.

[Image: 51006550533_db370c46fa_o.jpg]
Bummer about this year so far, huh? No improvement over last year, and, here at least, getting worse in a number of ways.

At least your photo is pretty and pleasant. That pink(ish) gown Cath is wearing is quite lovely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20