Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Yay for covering up the flowers from the deer.

Crystal looks beautiful colour-coordinated with the flower.
Croci? I like it! I'll go with that from now on. Crocuses always sounded awkward.

Lovely to see one. These little flowers emerging from the cold, wet ground always seemed, when I was a little kid, like an almost magical sign that winter was nearly over! The croci would push up through the soil, moss, and wet leaves well before anything else.

Nothing like this where I'm currently living. Nights are still well below freezing. 60% chance of snow this afternoon or tonight, in fact.
Thanks, all.  They are indeed kind of magical.  Flowers are magical.  Beautiful things made of water and sunlight yay
Sadly I barely got to see the crocuses before it dumped rain the other day and they got kinda wrecked Cry  There is a little patch that looks OK closer to the house but they were closing by the time I got out to take a pic today.  And one stray showed up way out away from the line; I have no idea how it got there.  I may have planted some there years ago but haven't had any bloom out there.

For no particular reason, doll with goat! grin
This is Dorothy, who was sent to me by a friend that I thought was getting a bit interested in photographing dolls.  I guess not after all.

[Image: 51091061341_113f282fe0_o.jpg]
That’s a cute Dorothy doll! And the randomness of doll with goat made me laugh!
Aw! Dorothy is very wholesome looking. The goat looks a tad grumpy, but also like he's very loyal to her smile
Thanks! smile
Dorothy & the goat sit on the same chair (dolls & plushies both have spilled out of "proper" storage areas onto all my furniture), and when I was seeking a pic-a-week model and passed the chair and she said "Me please", since I was looking for a critter to accompany whoever, the goat came too!

Squeaking in at the end of a week again.  Been absolutely slammed with work.  I just got a big magazine gig "done", when it turned into a double assignment because one of the other writers flaked out, and I just got THAT done, and NOW I have to chase **19** people for municipal election candidate interviews.  Today was much taken up with that so here I am with one pic and the rest of the photoshoot as yet unsorted.  Too pooped to do for now.

Dolls With Flowers continues!
Here's Doryn with the good little remaining patch of crocuses.  Wasn't the best light, but, that was the time I had.

[Image: 51107896684_d3dc9bf71d_o.jpg]
Aw! Love how the crocuses match her eyes.
Doryn is an adorable name!

I like the lighting! It looks like "crocus weather," or at least, what I remember "crocus weather" looking like when I was little.

Your "ace reporter" gig sounds like a lot of work but, well, maybe "fun" isn't the right word, but definitely interesting! I'm impressed by how you are able to write to a deadline the way you do. Research, write, edit, and track down interviewees. I like to imagine you dashing around the island wearing a fedora hat with a "PRESS" card in the hatband, your long trench coat billowing in the wind: Allie Katt, Island Reporter! You could star in your own comic strip!

Several of the PTFCo crew have followed in Mum's sailing footsteps. Have any of them become reporters?
That's beautiful. The crocuses look fantastic.
Oh! a familiar looking wooly hat that Doryn is wearing!

Your work sounds awfully busy, but interesting to those who don't have do do all the boring / unseen work in the background.

And I thought I commented on Dorothy & the goat, but it must have been in the random pix thread. The goat does look grumpy, but I think that's a default state for them.
I used to try to keep the dolls / toys corralled in the spare rooms / library, but that went by the wayside once the Pullips started arriving. They have a corner of the loungeroom now, as well as moving into the back office room.
Thanks, all!

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Doryn is an adorable name!
I usually try to name them something similar to the stock name, with a few exceptions, or at least with the same letter.  Hence Mini Dormouse became Doryn smile

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your "ace reporter" gig sounds like a lot of work but, well, maybe "fun" isn't the right word, but definitely interesting! I'm impressed by how you are able to write to a deadline the way you do. Research, write, edit, and track down interviewees. I like to imagine you dashing around the island wearing a fedora hat with a "PRESS" card in the hatband, your long trench coat billowing in the wind: Allie Katt, Island Reporter!...
Hahaha!  I can see that character lounging across 2 or 3 chairs looking elegantly bored at the village council meeting....
It can be very interesting, when I get to talk to knowledgeable people who are enthusiastic about what they're doing, such as the supervisor of the blasting company that was deepening the harbour; he went on in some detail about types of blasting caps & how to place them -- something I'd never have learned anything about -- or hanging out with the fire department while they set up the annual fireworks.  Other times it's pretty boring, such as at public meetings when I remind myself "I'm getting paid to be here".  LOL
Deadlines ... makes you feel good when you make it.  And nobody cares when I work as long as I make the deadline.  So I can work till the wee hours & sleep till lunch if I want.  No office hours with someone checking when I came in smile

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Several of the PTFCo crew have followed in Mum's sailing footsteps. Have any of them become reporters?
Well, I posed the question, and one or 2 of them went "hmmm...." but in general it seems they'd rather be supermodels being fabulous and having other people write about them   xp

(04-11-2021, 05:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh!  a familiar looking wooly hat that Doryn is wearing!
smile  It is really cute  -- I think it suits her best out of all the crew.  (don't tell Darla)

Well, further to the aforementioned deadlines.... I get one night to relax a bit before another crunch.  I got all the election candidates & got it done despite the editor's having bumped up my deadline by 3 days -- this article being so long that I guess he needs more time to deal with it.... AND, after being "done" for the 2nd time, the magazine job.... publisher e-mailed me Monday wanting one more article by THURSDAY because ANOTHER writer tapped out.... she made it Sunday which was just as well because I couldn't get hold of the guy till today.  So one more mad scramble to get the interview done tomorrow, article written & reviewed, & in, in a day & a half.  Fun!!!!! xp

Guess what..........

DOLLS WITH FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lovely Miss Dawn returns as Queen of Spring.
We have a 3-bud and a 4-bud stalk.  Yay!

[Image: 51118255509_ba5d90ee9c_c.jpg]
Gotta make the most of spring while you have it, Allie. How is Sunsette enjoying the change in weather?
I hope that when the publisher calls you up because another writer flaked out, your response is "what's it worth to ya?"

And still you manage to squeeze in time for these lovely floral photos!

Meanwhile... it snowed here today. No flowers in sight.
So pretty with her matching floral crown too.

Deadlines suck, especially unrealistic deadlines because others can’t / won’t do their part.

(Not the same as your deadlines, but we are implementing a new software system at work in 3 weeks - and it’s getting super stressful wth the testing & external suppliers & no one listening to anyone else!)
So lovely and color coordinated!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20