The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27) (/showthread.php?tid=7259007)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - neon_jellyfish - 10-27-2020

Darla is such an adorable little ex!plorer, and Samantha rocks those dresses!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - werepuppy - 10-27-2020

Darla makes an amazing ex.plorer!

And Samntha is such a little cutie!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - dunneh - 10-29-2020

Holy crap, both pirate outfits look freaking amazing. And you didn't win the contest??? You woulda got my vote for sure, I especially love the way you staged the pirate chart pic. It's really good.

The ex.plorer shots are precious, such a cute lil outfit she has. Also I legit LOL'd at the tiny bathtub pics. Your pics are a real delight! They have a real whimsy to them. You are making me want little Dals and Pullips. Which is bad because I told myself I wouldn't start collecting the lilluns. LOL

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - Loona - 11-06-2020

I've already drooled over these photos over on Flickr, but I'll also do so here: I love love LOVE your and Daesani's matching outfits! And good job on the outfit, it looked stock to me, learning you've made it yourself resulred in some jaw-searching after I dropped it! Massive thumbs up!

Darla is so cute ex-ploring in the woods - and I love how you still have some green! I miss green! Here in the city all trees have already turned into those thousand colours of autumn that I so dislike, and which also make me depressed. At least my indoor plant friends are staying green - and from where I usually sit I can't see any trees (advantages of the 4th floor smile ), only my houseplants' green foliage next to the windows.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - davidd - 11-06-2020

(11-06-2020, 06:36 AM)Loona Wrote: Here in the city all trees have already turned into those thousand colours of autumn that I so dislike, and which also make me depressed. 

Here in the country the leaves have all turned brown and dropped off the trees, which makes me feel depressed.  sad

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Oct. 26) - Alliecat - 11-06-2020

Thank you very much for all the nice comments, everyone! grin
I need to eat -- well, I already eat healthy, healthily??... but, let's say, fewer cookies maybe!! LOL Or, I'll just run a few extra km in between hiding in bed with snacks (oops) and books and movies LOL
Our leaves have pretty much dropped too, although there's some yellow left on the tamaracks, and we do have green all year with the spruces, which I'm thankful for. I'd rather tropical greens, but, well.... slash I like fall colours, but the dying foliage & gloomy weather bums me out too. There is nothing redeeming about November sad

(10-27-2020, 04:14 PM)davidd Wrote: I shall let you know the next time the Dominion Geographic Society plans an expedition in Canada and perhaps Darla can join us.
Hehe, I'm sure our little traveller would enjoy that. Cap'n Allie, however, is only interested in ex!peditions to nice warm places.

(10-29-2020, 12:01 AM)dunneh Wrote: Your pics are a real delight! They have a real whimsy to them. You are making me want little Dals and Pullips. Which is bad because I told myself I wouldn't start collecting the lilluns.
Aw, thank you so much. yay And yes, you should. Minis rule! They are so easy to tote all over for photos and adventures!

(11-06-2020, 06:36 AM)Loona Wrote: And good job on the outfit, it looked stock to me, learning you've made it yourself resulred in some jaw-searching after I dropped it! Massive thumbs up!
Thank you very much grin I must admit I astonished myself. I kind of eyeballed an old Barbie coat to make up a pattern for the top half, then there was a great deal of head-scratching trying to work out the shape of the lower sections, with my own jacket spread out on the floor. Finally the light-bulb went on, "it's a semicircle!" I made a prototype out of scrap which also turned out well enough to join the wardrobe dept., then made it with the "official" fabric.
It's not lined; the pieces probably aren't the same size, but that doesn't really show, and a lot of glue was involved LOL I'm particularly happy with how all the hems turned out -- with tacky glue!
The pants are made from the pants that came with my outfit. They were so tiny & cheesy that they didn't work at all. So it's kinda fun that the doll pants are part of the original outfit.
I have a white pirate hat that would look nice with a white & gold jacket. Sometime when I have absolutely nothing else to do (HA) maybe I'll get some of that fabric I bookmarked on eBay & try to do this a 3rd time.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - Alliecat - 11-17-2020

I Want To Live

by Daesani

I had an accident today.  It was a stupid little accident, but then, a lot of accidents are like that.  Some of my sisters and I were helping mum with a Very Important Photo for a memorial occasion.  Because it was a seafaring theme, everybody who is nautical or had a pirate outfit was involved.  While we were setting up, I was handling my sword and MY PINKY BROKE OFF!  I've handled that sword a lot with no trouble, and there was no rough handling today, but it just came off with such a brittle-sounding >snap<.
Mum said some angry things about the Makers, and why don't they give their children better bodies to live their lives with.  That got me thinking -- it's all about living your life, isn't it.  I've been here about 6 years now, and I've had a lot of adventures.  You can't really have adventures and ex-pect to be unscathed.  I've fallen on concrete and beach rocks a few times, and off a shelf a couple, and I think the shelf fall misaligned my eyemech a bit, but that's OK, I guess... I don't wink much and I can still see.  I had a little accident with some fire because I was doing an adventurous special-effects photo, but mum fixed that eventually when she got me a new wig.  Tonight, I sat and watched her tinker with toothpicks and glue.  We'll see how that works.  If the finger won't stay on, she'll try to find me a new hand.  

[Image: 50611823848_cb8e2cb44d_z.jpg]

In the meantime, it doesn't show too much.  I can still do stuff.
I've done a lot of stuff.  I'm a model and adventurer.  I've been around our island for photoshoots, ex!plored in the woods, hung out on the beach, been a samurai and a pilot and a pirate and I've even been all the way across Canada and got to ex!plore Vancouver Island.  I've had so many adventures, way more adventures than all the dolls who never get out of their boxes.  They might never have accidents, but they don't get to do things either.  Do you want to sit in a box and let time slowly ebb away from you, or do you want to go out and Do Things -- even if it's risky?

[Image: 50611823918_466863ef9c_z.jpg]

I'm pretty lucky.  You can't ex-pect to have adventures and go unscathed.  I'll take the chance.  I want to have adventures.  I want to LIVE!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - davidd - 11-17-2020

Good for you, Dæ! What's a pinky finger to a pirate like yourself? A dab of glue, a bit of putty, or maybe even a tiny hook finger! Now that would be cool!

Out here, the Pinky Street girls have been on the road since 2005. They've fallen off second story balconies, almost been left behind at a roadside stop in Alaska, and have picked up more paint chips and scrapes than can be counted! But they're still on the go!

The Smart Dolls haven't faked any of their adventures, either! No snobby shelf-sitters, they've each had far too many face-plants into the dirt and even on gravel as they climb ladders, crawl under the house, and cart lumber around. They've been wet, they've been muddy, and they've been covered with bugs!

A member of the Ameliæ Escadrille shared your eksperience with fire + hair, and proudly wears the singed fringe as evidence!

All the dollies here are very happy to be in the same Adventure Club as Pirate Dæsani, and are looking forward to many more adventures... and the bumps and scrapes and battle scars (and all too frequent profane mutterings) that go along with those adventures!

Seriously... the hook pinky finger will be awesome!

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - Elfy - 11-17-2020

Best wishes to Daesani, great little fearless adventurer that she is. I do hope that a solution to your injury can be found. Our girls sympathise with you and encourage you to keep living your life. That’s what being a doll is all about.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - dunneh - 11-17-2020

Right on Daesani! Glad to see your injury isn't getting you down. Hope that your fix sticks, if not, we can rebuild her! We have the technology! LOL

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - Lejays17 - 11-17-2020

You haven’t lived a life if there’s no bumps & bruises & scars along the way.

Good luck with the finger surgery/repair. And if it doesn’t work, then David’s idea of a pinky hook is an xcellent one.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - Loona - 11-17-2020

OK, when I first read this post it was still early in the morning, and for the first few lines I legit thought it was you who got injured, and not Daesani >_< Falling off a shelf is what gave it away.

Dae is right in her approach - I really respect her, and I wish I could also work like that. I agree with both her and davidd, for someone who has lived and seen this much, this shouldn't be so much of an issue - but it can be another story to brag about when she's telling the tales of her life. That said, I hope you can fix her (or give her a cool hook, if not smile ).

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - neon_jellyfish - 11-17-2020

Great attitude! I hope the finger fix / getting new hand will go well.

Sad thing is, boxed dolls do have accidents (I got a few that were damaged by plastic tapes and tabs holding them in place, and some falls are so bad the box can't protect them anyway), plus they have none of the adventures of the unboxed ones, poor things. In other words, not even keeping them in box will keep them safe, it will just keep them from having fun.

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - werepuppy - 11-17-2020

I hope the fix will do well!

I honestly think that part of being in this hobby is having to acknowledge to yourself that you're probably going to have to repair something at some point. I've had to fix L's shoulder and Ankh's leg (yay for rubber glue is all I can say)

RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new Nov. 16) - dargosmydaddy - 11-17-2020

Aw! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Daesani!

I didn't even know one finger *could* fall off... that sounds like a very fiddly repair!