Dolly Market Forum
The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip (/showthread.php?tid=7260120)

The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Cornflower Blue - 05-19-2016

Poor PullipStyle dent box sale Koichi lost his eyechip inside his head. Which presents an opportunity to take a look at how these eyechips were created.

[Image: 27034318521_4a113f64ce_z.jpg]
A view of his missing eyechip right out of the box, before I opened up his head.

[Image: 27008362732_cf0e96e307_z.jpg]
The image looks like a matte, grainy photograph.

[Image: 27008363082_69d5342d3d_z.jpg]
On some kind of thin, photo type of paper.

[Image: 27034320761_5e25588f50_z.jpg]
"Wah! What did you do to me? Wait, I can see out of both eyes again!"

[Image: 27034319581_2ca6837360_z.jpg]
"You're not going to do anything else to me, are you?"
I'm a little disappointed they glued his wig down so low on his forehead. I may get him a new one.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - DeadlyNova - 05-19-2016

I'm glad you saved him! <3 He looks good as new! That's interesting how these eyechips seem to have been created. Much different than most stock eyes.

He's adorable. <3

I think the most dissapointing thing about Koichi seems to be his wig. I plan to get him eventually and definitely rewig him.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - GreysPrincess - 05-19-2016

Wow, that's really interesting about the eyechips! Kinda makes me tempted to try and make something similar. Your photos make me like him more than I did in his promos!

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Marilyn - 05-19-2016

It's amazing to me how crappy the paper looks without the eyechip cover, and how pretty it looks with it.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Alliecat - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Poor PullipStyle dent box sale Koichi lost his eyechip inside his head.
LOL Made me think of the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon about loose eyeballs...
Glad you were able to fix him.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Offgenemi - 05-20-2016

I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - martah - 05-20-2016

Is there any pattern on the plastic part of the eyechip at all? Its surprising how good and different they look put all together.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - fishy - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 12:28 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath

I'd advise painting a piece of paper and then using Elmer's glue or hot glue or something to attach it to the front cabochon; it's too easy to mess up when painting directly on the eyechips (been there, done that. >__<; )

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Offgenemi - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 05:52 AM)fishy Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 12:28 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath

I'd advise painting a piece of paper and then using Elmer's glue or hot glue or something to attach it to the front cabochon; it's too easy to mess up when painting directly on the eyechips (been there, done that. >__<; )

Thank you fishy smile i probably would have done that smile)) I'll try with a piece of paper it will be easy to fix the mistake

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - KiraKira - 05-20-2016

Seems like it was a simple fix! Interesting how the little piece of plastic would improve the grainy, pixelated image so much!

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - FishiesGoPook - 05-20-2016

sooooooo beautiful! smile thanks for saving this gorgeous boy! smile

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Cornflower Blue - 05-20-2016

Thanks all! The clear chip on top is similar to the clear ones in the MIOs, except without the lines in the iris part. The back is not flat, like a cabochon or CoolCat flat chips, they're curved and concave on the back side and there is a noticeable ring around the pupil. I neglected to take a decent photo of them, but I cropped a couple of images of them out of the ones I did take:
[Image: 27088796176_990d0272dd_z.jpg]
I think the lines visible on the chip on the right are from the glue.
(05-19-2016, 02:27 PM)Marilyn Wrote: It's amazing to me how crappy the paper looks without the eyechip cover, and how pretty it looks with it.
My thoughts exactly. I was shocked to see what the paper backing looked like in person.

RE: The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip - Hunajasieni - 05-23-2016

Oh he is such a cutie! yay Good thing you got him fixed!

And ooh, the details on the chips and paper are very interesting, I didn't think it was like that on the stock chip, I haven't seen the newer ones taken apart. I still cant believe how it looked so bad without the cover, and so pretty with. Rb_bigO