Dolly Market Forum
Round 30 theme announced - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33168)
+--- Forum: Photo Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33173)
+--- Thread: Round 30 theme announced (/showthread.php?tid=7260833)

Round 30 theme announced - KiraKira - 01-25-2017

Congratulations to Skippyandjif, whose Round 29 photo collected the most votes.

Skippyandjif has come up with the theme for Round 30...Art (for example, dolls drawing, or reenacting a painting, or...). You can submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail--deadline of 0:00 HST, February 13. I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me.

My e-mail address follows, just leave out the spaces between the @
justlikewasabi @ gmail.com

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Offgenemi - 01-25-2017

This is a fun theme! I will pack my dolls soon so I better think of something before I do that smile

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Lejays17 - 01-27-2017

I have a question - how broadly ( or not smile ) is Art defined for the purposes of the challenge? My first thought was to recreate a still from a movie, but I'm not sure it would count.

No matter if it doesn't - I have a few other ideas in the pipeline, just need to collect props for them

RE: Round 30 theme announced - KiraKira - 02-09-2017

Anyone?

As to your question, Lejays17, I would say that it's however you interpret the theme..so go for it!

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Lejays17 - 02-09-2017

I had a "better" idea that included more of my girls, so I've gone wth that one instead. Photogrphy is planned for this weekend, as I have an unexpected free Saturday

RE: Round 30 theme announced - GreysPrincess - 02-09-2017

I'm going to try and get a picture in this weekend.

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Alliecat - 02-12-2017

Sent! Crappy weather, crappy light... None of the PTFCo crew wanted to consider making a snowman as "art" :p

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Lejays17 - 02-12-2017

Mine also sent. Hopefully the PM went thru

RE: Round 30 theme announced - GreysPrincess - 02-12-2017

Got mine in tonight as well!

RE: Round 30 theme announced - KiraKira - 02-13-2017

Hi, so far I confirm three entries submitted by Lejays17, GreysPrincess and Alliecat.

There is still time so if anyone else would like to enter, feel free to!

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Cornflower Blue - 02-14-2017

I tried to pose a naked Pullip and Taeyang like Rodin's The Lovers. It was a fail. I couldn't get two big heads and slippery butts on boxes to hold their positions. Not to mention my husband kept giving me weird looks.

RE: Round 30 theme announced - KiraKira - 02-14-2017

(02-14-2017, 11:16 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I tried to pose a naked Pullip and Taeyang like Rodin's The Lovers. It was a fail. I couldn't get two big heads and slippery butts on boxes to hold their positions. Not to mention my husband kept giving me weird looks.

:LOL:
Thank you for trying!

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Alliecat - 02-14-2017

LOL
I wanna see the outtakes!
(You could try double-sided tape on their butts!)

RE: Round 30 theme announced - Cornflower Blue - 02-14-2017

I think what would have worked was something to sit on like bean bags, that I could shape around them. If I had thought of it sooner, I might have been able to pull it off. I never even got close to taking a photo.