The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=7261473)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - dargosmydaddy - 07-10-2018

She looks remarkably cheerful, considering her predicament!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 07-10-2018

[Image: july9.jpg]
9 July – The Little Mermaid – Dumpster Diving Edition

I made a return trip to the garbage dump today. And no, it wasn't just to look for dolls. yay The heavy steel dumpsters, overflowing yesterday, had been emptied, and the contents of the black plastic trash bag of toys that had been pinned beneath a dumpster were scattered all over the ground. The Little Mermaid was among the spoiled spoils. As was a bright red knock-off My Little Pony.

And... I was able to rescue Dumpster Diver Barbie! And her horse!

[Image: july9a.jpg]
Dumpster Diver Barbie is Saved! Yay!

And if you look closely, to the left of the horse, is that a Bratz doll, missing a foot, buried head-down in the rubble and refuse??
Indeed it is... and I found her missing foot!

All in all, a productive day at the dump.

True Amusing Fact: the dump in this little town has a pretty good reputation for finding "treasures." It is referred to by the residents as the town's Walmart.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Alliecat - 07-10-2018

Yaaaaayyy! LOL Cheers for dolly rescues. And the rest! I hate our throwaway society. There doesn't look to be much wrong with most of those toys. I look forward to seeing these ones cleaned up and having adventures with you.
Our little transfer station was very similar -- people scavenged all the time. (I may even have heard it referred to as our Walmart! LOL ) I have two shelves from there, as well as a wicker arch thing that might have been a bathroom furnishing but now has scarlet runner beans growing over it. Also got many boards for the garden edging there. Now however, there is new management and I've heard scavenging is no longer allowed.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Lejays17 - 07-10-2018

Yay for the rescued finds. Very happy that you could find everything

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 07-10-2018

Congrats on dump-haul! I'm glad these toys got rescued.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 07-11-2018

[Image: july10.jpg]
10 July – Creepy Dolls in a Creepy Thrift Store in a Creepy Small Town

Maybe they're more sad than creepy. I don't know. The store wasn't open. I snapped this photo through the window, creepy stalker style.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 07-11-2018

Some of them do look terrified, and the fact that they're all standing or sitting makes the lying one look like she's dead... Awesome set-up, I say!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 07-12-2018

[Image: july11.jpg]
11 July – Rescue(d) Team

These two action figures, along with the 1:6 scale dresser, the chair (missing legs on one side), and the jeans were all part of the "dump rescue" from a couple of days ago.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - neon_jellyfish - 07-12-2018

It gives off Jack-and-the-Beanstalk-ish vibes...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Alliecat - 07-12-2018

Cool! Doesn't look like there's much wrong with most of that! You could knock the remaining legs off the chair and stick on a new set of matching ones.
I love thrift stores. At least one of those dolls looks like she might be cute...

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - Lejays17 - 07-12-2018

Nice collection from the thrift shop, I like the jeams

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - GreysPrincess - 07-13-2018

I’m far too squeamish to try dumpster diving but it looks like it paid off for you this time!!

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 02:18 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: I’m far too squeamish to try dumpster diving but it looks like it paid off for you this time!!

Fortunately, this stuff wasn't "in" the dumpster; it was scattered on the ground next to the dumpster.

[Image: july12.jpg]
12 July – Bratz Doll from the Dumpster with bonus Machine-Gun

I believe this is one of the Bratz Kidz line (2007 - 2009), possibly Phoebe from the 2007 Super Secret Lotion Making Bathroom playset.
(No, I am not making that up.)

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - davidd - 07-15-2018

[Image: july13.jpg]
13 July – Dumpster Diver Barbie and her Pony

As it turned out, Barbie was wearing a top, of sorts, as seen here.

RE: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018 - dargosmydaddy - 07-15-2018

Aw, she looks rather triumphant.

The pony, on the other hand, looks less than thrilled...