Dolly Market Forum
Round 53 theme announced - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33168)
+--- Forum: Photo Contests (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33173)
+--- Thread: Round 53 theme announced (/showthread.php?tid=7261832)

Round 53 theme announced - KiraKira - 07-26-2018

Congratulations to s1dthesqu1d & Lejays17, whose Round 52 photo entries received the most votes. Now, on to Round 53!

s1dthesqu1d & Lejays17 have come up with the theme: Favourite scene from fiction (book/movie/etc)

***Please be sure your photo entry is approximately 500 x 375 pixels***

You may submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail. The deadline is 0:00 HST, August 13.

I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me. My address is as follows--just leave out the spaces between the @ sign.

justlikewasabi @ gmail.com

If you have a title for your photo, be sure to list it. It'll be just called the lackluster and uninspired "Untitled" when I post it in the voting thread otherwise.

Unsure about the deadline? Here is a list of the equivalent times in a bunch of other places. Simply find the city geographically closest to your locale and use that as your submission deadline. (For what it's worth, I'm not a stickler for absolute deadlines--if your photo is in my inbox when I get around to creating the voting thread, it'll get posted).

*Anchorage (USA-Alaska)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 2:00am
*Los Angeles (USA-California)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 3:00am
*Edmonton (Canada-Alberta)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 4:00am
*Chicago (USA-Illinois)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 5:00am
*New York (USA-New York)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:00am
*Halifax (Canada-Nova Scotia)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 7:00am
*London (United Kingdom- England)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 11:00am
*Adelaide (Australia-South Australia)--Monday, August 13, 2018 at 8:00pm

RE: Round 53 theme announced - davidd - 07-27-2018

The deadline is July 16? Oh My Next year, or in the past?
Whacked slash LOL

I hope it's next year. An idea popped in to my head immediately, but I have no clue how to pull it off.

RE: Round 53 theme announced - Melissa - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 10:17 AM)davidd Wrote: The deadline is July 16? Oh My Next year, or in the past?
Whacked slash LOL

I hope it's next year. An idea popped in to my head immediately, but I have no idea how to pull it off.

If you scroll down, it’s August 13. She missed changing the text in one spot.

RE: Round 53 theme announced - *NatTheCat* - 07-28-2018

Whoa, this one sounds tricky!

(07-27-2018, 12:10 PM)Melissa Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 10:17 AM)davidd Wrote: The deadline is July 16? Oh My Next year, or in the past?
Whacked slash LOL

I hope it's next year. An idea popped in to my head immediately, but I have no idea how to pull it off.

If you scroll down, it’s August 13. She missed changing the text in one spot.

Looks like you need to scramble a year into the next couple weeks, Davidd. XP

RE: Round 53 theme announced - Alliecat - 07-28-2018

I guess I can't reprise "Sunsette Jones and the Temple of Doom" so I'll have to think of something else XD

RE: Round 53 theme announced - KiraKira - 07-29-2018

Whacked slash LOL

Sorry for the scare. I overlooked changing the deadline in the main body of the post. Please pardon these old, tired eyes.

RE: Round 53 theme announced - Lejays17 - 08-05-2018

sent my entry off. Actually ordered stuff specifically for the photo this round Sweatdrop

RE: Round 53 theme announced - davidd - 08-06-2018

Guhhh... I was hoping to attempt this round, but a dentist visit has sidelined me for a while. I'll be watching to see what everybody comes up with. I am expecting greatness from you guys! Greatness!

RE: Round 53 theme announced - Alliecat - 08-06-2018

Lots of time yet. You have a whole week!!
I have an idea. Just need to get a crazy busy week/end over. Speaking of which I'm sposed to be working... blush

RE: Round 53 theme announced - KiraKira - 08-10-2018

Reminder Bump for the upcoming deadline.

RE: Round 53 theme announced - *NatTheCat* - 08-10-2018

Gahh! I have zero ideas! O.o (Not very fruitful ones anyway)

RE: Round 53 theme announced - davidd - 08-10-2018

Okay... I'm going to turn off the computer right now (otherwise I'll be on here for another hour or three) and see if I can figure out how to make the "complicated" part of what I have in mind. If that works, then I'll have to buckle down on the "time-consuming" props. Of course, then I would have to put everything together in photographable form....

RE: Round 53 theme announced - Lejays17 - 08-10-2018

I had a few different ideas. Most I rejected as couldn't do with available dolls / outfits / props.

I'm pretty happy with what I did, but the other ideas will probably get done at some later point when I get the right stuff

RE: Round 53 theme announced - KiraKira - 08-12-2018

OK--deadline looms in a couple of days. I received two entries--thanks to both of you who sent them in, you know who you are. smile

There is always room for more...

RE: Round 53 theme announced - *NatTheCat* - 08-13-2018

Found and completed an idea. :3 It's not perfect, but I think the feeling matches the original scene.