The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
The First Four~ - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: The First Four~ (/showthread.php?tid=7262051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The First Four~ - s1dthesqu1d - 03-05-2019

9, 10, 11, and 12!
Naomi (Naomi) was a huge grail of mine, and I got her right when she restocked on PS for the last time. She came February 25, 2012 I believe. She desperately needs a new wig, as her stock wig is fried, so hopefully I'll be able to get that taken care of soon.
Kalypso (Barasuishou) is a very sentimental doll for me. I got her on dent box for cheap, and when she arrived (April 18, 2012 I think) my friend Jordan was over when I opened her. Jordan died in an accident in 2015, and my only remaining picture/videos with her were from the day I got Kalypso (We filmed an unboxing video and posted it on Youtube, to this day I can't watch it without crying), so Kalypso has kind of become more important to me than I ever imagined. And it's only fitting that her character is a guardian angel.
Kermit/Kermi (Froggy) was a birthday gift, I got her November 2012. Another doll I didn't expect to bond with as well as I have but damn, I love her Heart 2
And last for now, Maru (Kaito) who was a Christmas gift in 2012.

Why Should I Worry?~

We Are Young~

"No Matter How You're Feeling, A Little Dog Gonna Love You"

There Is Room In The Heart For All The Affections, As There Is Room In Heaven For All Of The Stars~

Love Your Enemies and Pray for Those Who Persecute You~

There Was Such a Glory Over Everything~

Flowers in a Barren Field~

Golden Afternoon~

Free as a Bird~

I Wish I Was More Than A Cloud In The Universe~

If We Were Written In Reverse~

If All Our Life Is But A Dream~

RE: The First Four~ - neon_jellyfish - 03-05-2019

Beautiful dolls, and touching stories! I'm sorry you lost your friend in such a painful way.

RE: The First Four~ - s1dthesqu1d - 03-06-2019

(03-05-2019, 04:46 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Beautiful dolls, and touching stories! I'm sorry you lost your friend in such a painful way.

Thank you Heart 2 I actually visited her memorial on my way home the night before I posted this. It doesn't get easier, but I think I've learned to carry it better over time.

13, 14, 15, and 16 Heart 2
Ringo (Lipoca) I received July 31, 2013. I actually can't remember how or why? All I remember was waiting by the front door every day for her to be delivered lmao
Jake (Neko Mao) came to me January 4, 2014, I think I bought him with Christmas money? This was when I started falling out of the hobby a bit, as I had started high school fall 2013.
Jovi (Uncanricky) I actually bought from a friend when she purged most of her collection. She came to me January 30th, 2014, after a long rainy day of marching band practice (and it actually started raining when I was out taking these photos lmao)
Nameless Noir (Regen Noir) came to me out of nowhere, for Christmas of 2015. She was a gift from my parents. I originally planned to customize her into an old character of mine I had to retire, but I decided against it once I opened her. And almost 4 years later, she still doesn't have a name LOL

Fireflies And Dog Fights~

Some Like It Loud~

All I Ever Heard As A Kid Was "You're Born To Lose"~

Make Me Something Out Of Nothing~

I Almost Got Drunk At School At 14~

A Climber And A Sadist, Yeah~

Bitch, You Got The Wrong Bitch~

I'm Just A Thorn In Your Side~

Our Common Goal Was Waiting For The World To End~

There Is No Pain~

Three Thousand Five Hundred Miles Away~

I'll Be There Till The Stars Don't Shine~

RE: The First Four~ - davidd - 03-06-2019

Jovi (Uncanricky) is especially pretty! Nearly enough to re-ignite my own enthusiasm for Pullips!

Your photos are uniformly excellent, with a soft, dreamy quality! You were taking photos while you were in early high school of a quality that I would find difficult nearly impossible to emulate today.

"Nameless Noir" is perfectly fine name in and of itself. It adds to her aura of mystery.

(Also, she's wearing the striped socks that have become something of a running theme here on the forum recently.)

RE: The First Four~ - neon_jellyfish - 03-06-2019

They're all gorgeous! I really love their new looks!

(03-06-2019, 04:56 AM)davidd Wrote: Jovi (Uncanricky) is especially pretty! Nearly enough to re-ignite my own enthusiasm for Pullips!

Your photos are uniformly excellent, with a soft, dreamy quality! You were taking photos while you were in early high school of a quality that I would find difficult nearly impossible to emulate today.

"Nameless Noir" is perfectly fine name in and of itself. It adds to her aura of mystery.

(Also, she's wearing the striped socks that have become something of a running theme here on the forum recently.)

Thank you! My photos in high school weren't great, and by my senior year I don't think I was taking any (except for a few here and there of my BJDs probably). I got a camera as a graduation gift and it reignited my passion! LOL
And yeah, it's definitely got a ring to it. She's my mysterious little pastel goth witch, so I don't mind. Her stockings are actually from Alura's stock! I love putting her in stripes and frills because she's also like my demented little Alice in wonderland LOL

(03-06-2019, 06:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They're all gorgeous! I really love their new looks!

Thank you!

RE: The First Four~ - Alliecat - 03-06-2019

I'm sorry about your friend Cry What a bittersweet memory. I think after a while we do figure out how to carry the losses a little better.
Very nice portraits of everyone. Kalypso is particularly lovely and I also like the pic of Kermi sitting in the grass, and the moody first pic of Ringo.
Your anonymous Nameless Noir... I know someone whose parents came upon a poem/blessing they really liked when she was born; it was by an anonymous author, so they named her "Anon". You could call her that... smile

RE: The First Four~ - dargosmydaddy - 03-06-2019

I love Jovi's wig!

RE: The First Four~ - s1dthesqu1d - 03-07-2019

(03-06-2019, 10:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm sorry about your friend Cry What a bittersweet memory. I think after a while we do figure out how to carry the losses a little better.
Very nice portraits of everyone. Kalypso is particularly lovely and I also like the pic of Kermi sitting in the grass, and the moody first pic of Ringo.
Your anonymous Nameless Noir... I know someone whose parents came upon a poem/blessing they really liked when she was born; it was by an anonymous author, so they named her "Anon". You could call her that... smile
Thank you, I appreciate it!
Anon is super cool, but over the years I've just started to call her Noir, or her code name "Black cat" smile

(03-06-2019, 11:42 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I love Jovi's wig!
Thanks! I bought an Angry from Miss Edith and it was the wig she had on! I think it's from Cancan? LOL

RE: The First Four~ - s1dthesqu1d - 03-28-2019

17, 18, 19, 20~
Drew (Assa) was my biggest grail ever. I spent like 7-8 years trying to get her. She finally joined the family January 27th 2016 Heart 2
Comet (Jupi) was the doll who revived my love for the hobby. After getting Drew, I fell out of the hobby. I had started collecting BJDs and had a lot going on life wise, but Comet changed all of that. I ordered her May 4, 2017 (Not sure which exact day she came, but it was between then and the 25th when I finally posted pictures of her on Flickr).
Maggie (Colline) was a total impulse buy, she was dirt cheap on PS so I made the leap. She has the sweetest faceup and I love her so much more than I anticipated. She's also on the 24cm obitsu. She came June 1, 2017.
And last but not least, Rockett (Butler). Butler was never a doll I ever gravitated towards, I liked other people's but never wanted one of my own. But, I was looking for a companion for Drew and found him really cheap on Ebay (Fun fact, the next 2 dolls were also from the same seller lol). He arrived June 23, 2017. Now he's one of my favorite Taeys! His stock just doesn't do him justice, he's a really cute guy!

I Hear The Drums Echoing Tonight~

Time Doesn't Wait For Me, It Keeps On Rollin~

In My Thoughts I Have Seen Rings Of Smoke Through The Trees~

Keep Your Eyes On The Stars And Your Feet On The Ground~

Hanging Out~

I Fell Down To Earth From A Hundred Miles Away~

Space Princess~

But You're A Million Miles Away~

Wanderer~

Shout It From The Rooftops~

Smoke Clouds Help Me Float On By~

She Said, "You're Like Jason Biggs, In All The Jason Biggs Movies"~

RE: The First Four~ - werepuppy - 03-28-2019

They are such lovely pictures, and I love the stories behind each of your finds.

RE: The First Four~ - davidd - 03-28-2019

Your photos are so colorful and full of action! "Action" is a challenge to convey with Pullip figures, and you do it well.

Your story about Assa reminds me that when I first ventured into the World of Pullip, it seemed that Assa was the grail doll for many collectors and fans on the forums. She was out of production, but people were always talking about her and looking for her.

RE: The First Four~ - dargosmydaddy - 03-28-2019

Love Maggie's wig!

And I agree Butler is very underrated.