The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
DeadlyNova's A Doll WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT - 2019 Edition - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: DeadlyNova's A Doll WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT - 2019 Edition (/showthread.php?tid=7262060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

DeadlyNova's A Doll WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT - 2019 Edition - DeadlyNova - 01-02-2019

CLEARLY I'VE LOST MY MIND.

If this didn't go well last year, why would it this year, when I am 1000x busier and more stressed? 

The answer is I'm ridiculously stubborn and hate when things don't go my way. 

It didn't go well last year because, on top of those qualities, I'm also the type who drops everything and gives up when one little thing goes wrong. So missing a day or two made me drop everything and not want to finish. But I spent the rest of the year regretting it and wishing I'd continued anyway, despite missing a few days. 

And now, seeing all of those people here who have completed A Doll A Day or A Doll A Week that were either directly inspired by me starting it last year or at least part of the train that I started on this forum because of it, it really makes me want to try again. I have so many interesting dolls I want to show you guys that I normally would not photograph. That was the most fun part of ADAD last year! Showing all of my non-pullip dolls that I would probably never show otherwise. And I have even more of them now! 

So I'm hoping I can take a photo every day this year, or at least close to it. But I am having a very busy few months right now, and, like I said when I posted some photos yesterday, it's only going to get busier. So, if real life gets in the way, I'm not going to let it stop me. I've got my dolly therapy and hopefully it will work wonders. 

Also, like last year, I'm going to be using the term 'doll' rather loosely. I'll also be posting a lot of anime figures and other types of figures as well. 

Wish me luck, guys. Maybe your wishes will get me through this? LOL 

To start us out, despite saying "I want to show them all of these non-Pullips I have acquired over the years!" here is a Pullip. LOL 

I changed Emmy's clothes yesterday and she looked so ridiculously adorable I couldn't wait to photograph her. 

[Image: 46559161171_8a85843568_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 1/365 by Haley, on Flickr

Thanks for looking guys! Here's to a great year of dollie fun!

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - neon_jellyfish - 01-02-2019

Yaaay! Another ADAD thread! Remember to have fun and concentrate on the therapeutic aspect, don't try to do everything perfectly!

Emmy really does look ridiculously adorable!

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - DeadlyNova - 01-02-2019

Yeah, that's what I'm going to try to do this time! <3

Thank you!!!

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - Lejays17 - 01-02-2019

Yes, please try to remember is supposed to be fun, not adding to the stress.

Looking forward to seeing the non-pullip dolls again. I really enjoyed everyone’s not-usually-seen dolls/toys/other interesting things last year

Love her coat, very cute indeed

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - davidd - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 05:29 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: CLEARLY I'VE LOST MY MIND.
. . .
To start us out, despite saying "I want to show them all of these non-Pullips I have acquired over the years!" here is a Pullip.

YAY!!! DeadlyNova is back in action! With or without her mind!

And I'm already LOL-ing because of the "non-Pullip" yet starting with a Pullip pic thing!

Oh, but she's such a cutie in that outfit! It's a very nice pose, too! The side-glance is adorable! Yup, you're starting off with a good one. Setting the bar high, ain't'cha?
LOL

Remember... quick, cluttery, blurry desktop snapshots count, too! Good luck and have fun!

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - GreysPrincess - 01-02-2019

Aw, Emmy is precious! Good luck with ADAD this year! I haven’t decided how ambitious I’m going to be about doll photos this year yet.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - dargosmydaddy - 01-02-2019

Yay for trying again! You're off to a great start smile

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - Elfy - 01-02-2019

Nice stylish pose there, DN. Maybe a good way to tackle the ADAD challenge is to have backup shots that you can post when life gets in the way. Lejays got through it in 2017 by using that method at times. All my wishes to you.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - Alliecat - 01-02-2019

Emmy is adorable. The coat suits her perfectly!
Cheers to you for trying again, and I do hope the coming year turns out to be not as bad or stressful as you ex-pect. One does have to make time for fun, for oneself. Even if it's only a few minutes a day. And I'm guessing most of you ADAD-ers can upload photos from phones, making quick snapshots easy, unlike those of us technopeasants who still have to download them to a laptop first...
Good luck... looking forward to seeing more of your collection.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - Cornflower Blue - 01-02-2019

Hoorah for another participant! I always enjoy your snaps, DeadlyNova. And I enjoy seeing everyone's not technically doll shots, too. I hope the challenge this year can be more a bit of doll therapy instead adding to your stress levels.

Emmy looks very much like an updated and more stylish Oren.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - davidd - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: ... unlike those of us technopeasants who still have to download them to a laptop first....

This lowly vassal humbly admits his technopeasantry. Cry

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - Cornflower Blue - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 02:25 PM)davidd Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:45 AM)Alliecat Wrote: ... unlike those of us technopeasants who still have to download them to a laptop first....

This lowly vassal humbly admits his technopeasantry. Cry

Me, too.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - DeadlyNova - 01-02-2019

Thank you guys for the good wishes!! <3

I thought about the backup shot thing after reading about it earlier! I might try it, we'll see.

I think she kind of does look like an updated Oren with that coat too! Maybe that'll fill the void I never filled by getting Oren herself. LMAO.

I don't use my phone for photos, either. My phone camera isn't nearly as good as an actual camera(it's terrible. awful. I don't even take selfies for facebook with my phone.) I would much rather use my camera and upload it through my computer, even if that makes me also a technopeasant.

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - DeadlyNova - 01-03-2019

Time for day two!

For day two I figured I would stick to my word and get as far away from Pullip as I possibly could within my doll collection - here is the first of my two Chatty Cathy's, Edith! She's named after my grandmother, who she very much reminds me of with her blonde hair and blue eyes.
[Image: 46574708121_ee41751180_z.jpg]ADAD 2019 2/365 by Haley, on Flickr
My other Chatty is repaired to talk, and this one isn't, although I did try a repair job on her myself and made her worse. Oops. Maybe I should stick to Pullips when it comes to opening them up and tinkering with their insides.

Her outfit was made exclusively for her by my fellow dollie friend, Heather!

I'm so excited to finally show it off! <3

RE: DeadlyNova Takes on A Doll A Day - 2019 Edition - neon_jellyfish - 01-03-2019

I don't know these dolls at all! That ladybug outfit is adorable, it suits her really well!