The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! (/showthread.php?tid=7262066)

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - neon_jellyfish - 04-22-2019

Another badass princess with big hair!

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Alliecat - 04-22-2019

Oooo, I would be tempted to get her... maybe... smile

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Elfy - 04-22-2019

Moana’s got some attitude there. I bet she’s just put Maui in his place...again.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - werepuppy - 04-23-2019

(04-22-2019, 04:51 AM)davidd Wrote: That girl exudes confidence!

She is a very confident lady... in most things. Sailing, she's still getting the hang of. She'll get there! 

(04-22-2019, 05:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Another badass princess with big hair!

The bigger the hair, the most badass you are?

(04-22-2019, 10:19 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooo, I would be tempted to get her... maybe... smile

I don't know if this would help your decision or not, but her body is much thicker than the other Disney Store dolls. They actually have done their best to represent who she is properly. 

(04-22-2019, 10:33 AM)Elfy Wrote: Moana’s got some attitude there. I bet she’s just put Maui in his place...again.

... Well, someone's got to do it. Even if he is voiced by the most electrifying man in all of sports entertainment. 

- - - 

112. Esmeralda Body Swap
[Image: 49030825_93a68fcef9069db35b94b84be11bf286_standard.jpg]
Okay, this this was mostly done out of curiosity last summer: I had one of the orange top made to move Barbies lying around and I was curious as to if her skin tone was a good match for Esme here. It's not that her old body (the one to the right) was badly articulated, it's just that it didn't do as much.

So final conclusions?

Actually a pretty good match! There's a bit more orange in Esme's facial skin tone but under most lights it's not that bad, and it largely doesn't seem to be apparent at all when photographed. The made to move body seems very matte in comparison to the old one. 

Also? Much smaller chest, she does not fill out her bodice nearly as much as she once did. 

Still, I'm happy. She'll be able to pull off all her awesome dance moves.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - davidd - 04-23-2019

I like the way her costume looks now that it's draped a bit more loosely.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - neon_jellyfish - 04-23-2019

I actually have this Esmeralda! Her knees make the most wonderful screechy sounds...

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Alliecat - 04-23-2019

I do like that they made Moana's shape more realistic. MTM is such a nice body! Why can't Groove put Pullips on something like that....!

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Lejays17 - 04-23-2019

Moana looks great, and I really can’t see the shade difference between the old & new Esmeralda. Good that she’s gong to have a more flexible body for her dance moves though.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - werepuppy - 04-24-2019

(04-23-2019, 01:20 AM)davidd Wrote: I like the way her costume looks now that it's draped a bit more loosely.

Actually? So do I. It looks more comfortable, and more like an actual dress to me somehow than how it had before.

(04-23-2019, 04:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I actually have this Esmeralda! Her knees make the most wonderful screechy sounds...

Oh so it wasn't just mine! I don't have her white dress anymore - lost it over the years - but I still think this Esmeralda has one of the loveliest faces.

(04-23-2019, 12:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I do like that they made Moana's shape more realistic.  MTM is such a nice body!  Why can't Groove put Pullips on something like that....!

It's a nice thing to have done. I have seen some people put Pullips on MTM bodies, it seems to work quite well - the curvy one seems more proportionate with the Pullip head somehow. 

(04-23-2019, 04:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Moana looks great, and I really can’t see the shade difference between the old & new Esmeralda.  Good that she’s gong to have a more flexible body for her dance moves though.

The difference is really more noticable in person - her face is a bit more orange. I mean, that could also just be the age of it... I do like her having the most poseable body. I really should take pictures to show off how better it is. 

- - - 

113. Cherry Poppins
[Image: 49030950_2cffd5358472ba1a2fd4a011690976b1_standard.jpg]
From RaevynDesigns found on Etsy. Cherry is an OOAK made from a rescued BeGoth Doll. She was actually a birthday gift a few years ago from my parents. I like to say she's the niece of the most infamous nanny, and is being trained to follow in her footsteps as one of the great cosmic helpers.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - neon_jellyfish - 04-24-2019

The face-up is marvellous!

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - davidd - 04-24-2019

(04-24-2019, 12:27 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I like to say she's the niece of the most infamous nanny, and is being trained to follow in her footsteps as one of the great cosmic helpers.

Or perhaps she's the trainer of the aforementioned "cosmic helper." As I mentioned in a response to an earlier post, there's a dark undercurrent running through much of the original Disney movie version.
yay
This is a very cool and very creative custom BeGoth figure! She must be one of the favorites among your collection, both because she was a special gift and because she's awesome.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - Lejays17 - 04-24-2019

She's lovely. And the story behind her as well

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - werepuppy - 04-24-2019

(04-24-2019, 01:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The face-up is marvellous!

It's very beautiful, yes. One of the things that draws your eye.

(04-24-2019, 06:20 AM)davidd Wrote: Or perhaps she's the trainer of the aforementioned "cosmic helper." As I mentioned in a response to an earlier post, there's a dark undercurrent running through much of the original Disney movie version.
yay 
This is a very cool and very creative custom BeGoth figure! She must be one of the favorites among your collection, both because she was a special gift and because she's awesome.

She is indeed one of the favourites! And you make a very good point. Due to the time I got her, I like to say she's the niece and add she went to Ever After High - till she left because it doesn't exactly help with the whole nanny job. 

(04-24-2019, 03:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She's lovely.  And the story behind her as well

Thank you! 

- - - 

114. I'm That Kid's Home Room Teacher
[Image: 49030970_27aeff93098f1d31e9f6ce804890d452_standard.jpg]
When I first made her, she was a long awaited custom. Yamaguchi Kumiko, otherwise known as Yankumi, from the manga/anime/jdrama "Gokusen". One of my favourite ladies of manga, and I'm glad to have this representation of her. 

... Now how to do I make a Shin...?

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - davidd - 04-25-2019

She definitely looks teacher-ly.

RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - neon_jellyfish - 04-25-2019

LOL "a Shin" LOL

A Shin would be happy to hear that, I'm sure! Are you going to get her glasses?