Dolly Market Forum
Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) (/showthread.php?tid=7262315)

Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - *NatTheCat* - 05-09-2019

Hi, everyone. :3
About a month ago this lovely Happy Birthday Pullip! set arrived, and I wanted to share some pictures (especially since someone requested them!). yay.
This is a limited two-doll set that includes Pullip and Namu in a masquerade theme.
[Image: 32864801047_a092a86d3d_z.jpg]*[Image: 46891978575_baaf917480_z.jpg]
The Namu is my favorite and the reason I bought the set. LOL. He is very photogenic! The Pullip actually is quite pretty, but she suffers from the sunken stare of the earlier Type 2 mechs, which cause Pullips' eyes sit farther back in their head. (Later Type 2's have a similar mech to Type 3.) The lighter iris color only helps bring out the stare, but her makeup is nice!

[Image: 32864800887_dc24e048e3_c.jpg]
Their masks look super neat. Just look at them! What you can't see are the black feathers sticking up from the top of Namu's.

And here is the lovely set together:
[Image: 46891978385_034094b9ab_c.jpg]

Their box is actually pretty neat, too!
[Image: 46891978685_f31f0f1500_z.jpg]
The seller packed them so safely; I was extremely happy with the care they took to keep the dolls safe, at my request. The glue holding the box together had aged, so the package was basically open anyway. I requested they cover the dolls' faces, and they went the whole nine yards - bubble wrap over the masks, the dolls faces, between the dolls, over the entire contents - EVERYTHING. yay.

You know, my least favorite thing of the set is that the dolls themselves aren't named. The barcode is labeled "Happy Birthday Pullip!" That's it. They don't have fan-given nicknames like the second Happy Birthday! set. The masquerade theme only brings to my mind The Phantom of the Opera (the 2004 film), which I love. I like the name Christine for the Pullip,  but the Namu is left with either the Phantom or Raoul. I'm more inclined to call him Phantom, I think. Does anyone have other ideas? :3

(These are all the photos I have for now, until I unbox them!)

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - martah - 05-10-2019

Such a rare find! They look gorgeous as a set. I always loved these old boxes, its cute how they made a heart shape on the front of it! Heart

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - *NatTheCat* - 05-10-2019

They do, don't they? :3 I love the heart on the box as well; it's so fitting! I should take a portrait of them with the box as a frame.

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - Lejays17 - 05-10-2019

They are both stunning. I love how their outfits have the same fabric used for both

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - *NatTheCat* - 05-10-2019

The print isn't my favorite thing (maybe it still needs to grow on me Tongue.), but I agree, they do look wonderful together. Thanks! :3

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - DeadlyNova - 05-10-2019

I've always loved this set! I wish we got more sets like this. Maybe one for Pullip and Taeyang later on. I love the names you've chosen for them, too!

I can't wait to see more photos later on. <3

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - Aijo - 05-10-2019

Wow! They look so lovely! And, even their box is unique. It's probably my first time really seeing the HB Namu and Pullip set together. They're darling even down to the outfits and masks.

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - Alliecat - 05-10-2019

The masks are very cool. And their outfits look quite elaborate. Sounds like you scored a rare find from a great seller -- exciting!

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - davidd - 05-11-2019

What a wonderfully detailed and beautiful set! Congratulations on acquiring such a prize!

RE: Happy Bday Pullip! Set (Namu & Pullip) - *NatTheCat* - 05-12-2019

Thanks, DeadlyNova! :3 These older set in particular are especially neat. I definitely need to get more photos sometime!

Aijo, I hadn't seen much of the set boxed myself until they arrived! Maybe I was distracted by the bright yellow foam that comes over Pullip's nose to protect it from the box. It doesn't make for an elegant NIB portrait!

Alliecat, it is a great find. :3 I may not have *needed* them, but the seller accepted my offer, and they're so much more impressive in person! The Namu I was able to previously purhase alone, but he just looks out of place in that fancy garb without a partner!

Davidd, thanks! :3