The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Summer dolly projects - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Pullip and Friends (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28258)
+--- Thread: Summer dolly projects (/showthread.php?tid=7262424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Summer dolly projects - dargosmydaddy - 08-13-2021

Quote:So their 8-9" wigs seem to fit Pullips OK. I'm leery of 8-9s because I bought one on Aliex-press that said Pullips in the listing (later amended and removed) and it did NOT come close to fitting.

Yes, their 8-9" wigs are definitely Pullip (and Taeyang) sized. A lot of them even have Groove dolls modelling them in the listings.

And now I'm nervous about the wigs I have coming from Aliex.press...

RE: Summer dolly projects - Loona - 08-25-2021

Lewis is really handsome! ohmikioh has done a great job on him. Is his face carved? His features seem much more round and subtle compared to a regular Taeyang, almost as if he was a third boy doll, somewhere between Taeyangs and Isuls.

Dalton's wig is a definite improvement both in colour and style, but I agree with that a pair of darker eyechips might suit him better - the current ones seem to get lost and thus appear a little too vacant.

I really like that blonde Luts wig, I'm happy you were finally able to get it.

AliEx-press wigs can really be a hit and miss - I have bought several that were advertised as 1/3, some even mentioned Blythe, but based on how much of a pain some of them were to get on a Pullip head, I'm pretty sure they don't even come close to fitting a Blythe. Some (like Yuki's white-to-blue ombre wig which I now consider her signature hair) look awesome once finally on, but boy, that struggle! Others don't have the struggle but have the bubble - I have one that looks OK in pictures from certain angles, but from others it really isn't, and the bubble really bugs my OCD. In the seller's defense, said wig was advertised to fit 1/3 BJD heads - I guess it fits 1/3 BJD doll heads with more realistic proportions better.

RE: Summer dolly projects - dargosmydaddy - 09-05-2021

So in Aliex.press news, I bought 3 wigs from the same seller, two cheap faux fur ones and one somewhat pricier regular fiber wig-wig. Well, a reaaallly tiny box arrived last week containing the fiber wig and nothing else. The wig was disappointing... too small for the Taeyang I purchased it for, and not particularly accurate to the picture. When I logged on to Aliex.press to see what the deal was with the missing fur wigs, I saw I had missed a message about the one wig being on order/ not shipping right away, but no mention of the third wig. I keep messaging back and forth with the seller, and I don't know if it's just a language-barrier or if he's actually trying to rip me off, but it's been very frustrating...

In happier news, my Leekeworld order arrived without issue. I got four wigs. One is for Taeyang, but I haven't quite decided who wears it best yet so I'll hold off on pictures. One was for Ginny, the partial custom Pullip Nannette I've had for awhile. She had a darker wig previously, but a different girl ended up stealing it (and looking far better in it), so Ginny has been bald for quite awhile. I rechipped her while I was at it, too, and I really like her new look:

[Image: 91992213_b2adb98f6bc5a091f1277d13a4e36bae_standard.jpg]

The next wig was for my Pullip Meg. Her stock wig was kind of a mess, and last year I rewigged her with this Monique wig:

[Image: 83313733_cfd57a0e0dea95f2df6973571ddd4175_standard.jpg]

I really liked the wig, but every time I saw a picture of Lejay's Jo-Meg I really missed dark hair on Meg, so I ended up making her a brunette again. I'll have to find someone else to wear the Monique wig.

[Image: 92159481_a47c8db8384237becfd8b23262bef275_standard.jpg]

And lastly I got a new wig for Jane, the Pullip Jeanne I bought earlier this summer when PullipStyle had their July 4th sale. I'd been eyeing up Jeanne for awhile, but when she arrived I was kind of disappointed with her. She seemed overly pale, and her stock outfit seemed to overwhelm her. I didn't dislike her stock wig, but I really like her eyebrows and thought a different wig would show them off better. So I ended up rewigging her (and getting her out of her stock outfit), and now I'm completely in love with her!

[Image: 92237882_1b1c72e4e1c4a672e996537aa9c55bb3_standard.jpg]

I'm torn between selling her stock outfit, or keeping it and removing some of the bows. The boots and socks are quite serviceable as-is, and the blouse would be, too, if I got rid of the bow. Tempted to remove the skirt bows as well. Not sure if I'll actually go through with it. I'm also thinking of trying her stock wig on another doll.

RE: Summer dolly projects - Alliecat - 09-07-2021

Oh, that's a bummer about the wig order. There is very often a language problem, I think. I've tried on a couple of occasions to pay back refunds for orders eventually received: 3 months, one was like 5 or 6 months, and they just don't seem to be able to communicate well, even when you're offering them money! LOL
Looks like you had a lot of fun swapping wigs around! Ooo, I do like that brown wig on Meg. She looks very vintage/chic. It's interesting how a wig change can make a doll look so completely different. And it's great that you now love Jane with her new look. You could always put the bows, or some of them, back on, if you change your mind about removing them.

RE: Summer dolly projects - dargosmydaddy - 09-08-2021

Quote:Oh, that's a bummer about the wig order. There is very often a language problem, I think. I've tried on a couple of occasions to pay back refunds for orders eventually received: 3 months, one was like 5 or 6 months, and they just don't seem to be able to communicate well, even when you're offering them money!

Ha! This is only my third ex.perience with Aliex.press. The first two (not wigs) went fine, and I tried to stick to sellers with fairly good ratings. Oh, well...

In other dolly fixing-up, it's high time I introduced Seraphina... I got her secondhand over a year ago as a fairly cheap ebay find. I received her nude, but here is her original picture from the customizer, Nerea Pozo:

[Image: 92657148_82e276257bf462bfed1cc070571f6317_standard.jpg]

I got a new wig for her in Spring 2020, but was hoping to change her eye chips, too... and tried several times in the course of the past year, but could never get more than one of her screws undone. Yikes. So I finally gave up and glued her wig on yesterday. It's a Monique wig, and she's actually wearing it backwards because I liked it better that way smile

This is what the wig is supposed to look like:

[Image: MT457-77.jpg]

And here is Seraphina rocking it backwards:

[Image: 92654647_16771129a38b4e51e6b02a901bf36cb6_standard.jpg]

RE: Summer dolly projects - dargosmydaddy - 09-20-2021

A few more re-wiggings...

This was my last week from the Leekeworld order. Sidney was meant to get the wig I ordered from Aliex.press, and while it was the only wig the seller actually sent, it sadly didn't fit. Luckily this one looks pretty good on him.

[Image: 93269843_2da0dbe1ab3b47074f59da4747e0cf9d_standard.jpg]

Hawthorne, the custom I commissioned from Buff last summer, got a new Dollmore wig. This was my first experience with Dollmore, and the wig is very nice. I also ended up giving him new eyechips of a slightly darker, more hazelly brown.

[Image: 93269882_0ed8a516da7dfae4ac01c937260ef08b_standard.jpg]

And lastly I am trying out the Monique wig that I used to have on Meg on Novalie... I'm still not entirely sure if she's keeping this look?

[Image: 93269805_33a58ad64cca3c32595209333e837119_standard.jpg]

As a comparison, here's what she looks like with her previous wig, which I might go back to.

[Image: 93270428_1ab330ff57c7b4d5e38e5ece5c517506_standard.jpg]

RE: Summer dolly projects - davidd - 09-20-2021

Novalie (what a fun name!) is cute in the new wig, but she's "totes adorbs" in the longer one! Such an opinion is extremely subjective, of course.

RE: Summer dolly projects - Alliecat - 09-20-2021

Another vote for Novalie’s neat name. I think she looks a little more grown-up with the new wig. Everybody looks good. Seraphina looks great in both; it’s a bit hard to choose. Amazing how they change with a different style and color.