The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 10-22-2020

Do you have a zoologist or vet or doctor for Oddwickshire?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 10-22-2020

(10-22-2020, 01:03 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Rebecca is a stunning doll, I can see why you'd say she makes any photo pretty.

And yes with the strong twin vibes.

Thank you very much!

(10-22-2020, 08:25 AM)davidd Wrote: The sketch is lovely, and all the more intriguing knowing the background behind it. My botanical knowledge is sadly lacking. I would have thought it was a sketch of your lavender-based herb garden.

Constructing a miniature version of the Addams Family mansion set would be... well, it would be beyond my skill set. That staircase would be amazing to see in model form.

Rebecca is quite lovely, which certainly comes in handy if you need a "quick and pretty" dolly pic. As long as you don't have to untangle her hair.

Thank you!!!

(10-22-2020, 05:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do you have a zoologist or vet or doctor for Oddwickshire?

Kiiiinda sorta? The best way to put it would be that I'm trying hard not to have one. It's one of those characters that are trying to happen by force, but I don't want to have too many to shell. The new character that I was talking about a few days ago gave me no room for negotiation, that one must happen, but I'm trying to keep the numbers low otherwise. Witches and Iaso can help pets and other animals in need, and Eteri is doing a good job reporting about creatures she encounters on her mystery hunts, so there's not a dire need for such a character to be fleshed out, they can stay in the mob right now.

Day 296

[Image: d704e2c32201c557ec7d4078e36246f9.jpg]

We're 5h 40min into another round of quarantine. The political situation accompanying this is awful, and I want to rant, but I would only drag myself further down, when I need to cheer up. They will lift the restrictions when the reproduction number goes down to 0.8, we're at 1.4 or 1.6 now (the news can't get it straight). I'm afraid that most of the shops will go down before the end of quarantine.

I understand why we need restrictions right now, we've had a sharp increase in deaths, twenty-something per day two weeks ago, forty-something for the last week, over 70 yesterday. There's 10.65 mil of us, so that's a lot of deaths.

I'm angry with our government, they kept making mistakes, and now they try to blame everything on people (who share part of the blame, but not all of it). And our prime minister is abusing this situation to help his private businesses. And much more, but I'm not going to delve into it. We have a saying - the more you knead the shit the more it smells, so I'm going to stop kneading this one.

Here's the unfiltered version:

[Image: 4f11ee40d25e13ae88202990cd3c3aae.jpg]

And one with a doll, to meet the ADAD requirements:

[Image: 782b8011ba2b7b6a26405a252f7d9063.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 10-22-2020

I'm sorry, dear.

The photo is appropriately spooky.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 10-23-2020

...what blood.
Our province continues to be among the "good" areas in Canada, in spite of our 2 recent outbreaks that bumped the case count up significantly. Your saying is appropriate for the idiots in this community who can't stop spouting endless variations of ridiculously illogical and incompatible conspiracies -- they are really stirring it and are why I need to spend less time online. Or on Facebook anyway. If (when?) covid does get here, their brains will ex!plode Irritated

Anyway, an evocative photo for sure. And Rebecca is gorgeous. She's one of those dolls who's been on my sensors since I first learned about Pullips, but will probably never show up at a price I'm willing to pay. Oh well! I enjoy looking at others' smile

(10-22-2020, 05:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Do you have a zoologist or vet or doctor for Oddwickshire?
That would make for an interesting character, I think, because aside from the knowledge of biology and anatomy, they would also need to know magic.
Not too long ago, I would've sold my soul for a vet who could do magic... but that's too sad a story to go there. Cry

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 10-23-2020

That is a spectacularly scary photo and drawing! Very creepy... and very sad.

I am so sorry to learn of the situation in your country. And not too many weeks ago, you were saying that Eastern European countries had a such a low incidence of coronavirus that there were talks of doing studies on people to determine why they seemed immune.

Here in the US state of Utah cases are on the rise: population of 3 million in this state, but about 1400 new cases per day for the past four weeks. Deaths, however, are still in the two to five per day range, which is where they've been since the beginning, and which keeps us in the lower range per capita among US states.

The areas of the state that have had strict mask mandates since the beginning continue to have a far higher incidence of coronavirus than anywhere else.

And with that, I shall stop kneading.

Take your Vitamin D and zinc tablets!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 10-23-2020

Thank you for your comments, everyone!

I'd love to reply individually, but I have a terrible migraine and I used up all my mojo for today to take the photo.

The poster is from the first round of quarantine in the spring.

And careful with vitamine D! It's easy to overdose and that leads to various problems.

Some ex²pert said that when the first wave of epidemic is weak, the second one is all the more catastrophic, and it seems like that's what's hapenning here. The restrictions in the spring were too overblown. And the political mess is getting worse.

So, as a smell-prevention measure, here's a nice Halloween-y group worth all the treats!

Day 297

[Image: c4e863780415bfd8abe9ff45ec2d9390.jpg]

[Image: b1ee3d1184c9c3ca4528c5140e537993.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 10-23-2020

That does look an especially cool collection of ghouls for the holidays.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 10-24-2020

Nice collection of some of the scariest Monster High releases. Creepy cool ghouls!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 10-24-2020

Clawdeen’s dress is amazing. And it’s a great collection of the creepy ghouls in general.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 10-24-2020

(10-23-2020, 09:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: ...what blood.
Our province continues to be among the "good" areas in Canada, in spite of our 2 recent outbreaks that bumped the case count up significantly.  Your saying is appropriate for the idiots in this community who can't stop spouting endless variations of ridiculously illogical and incompatible conspiracies -- they are really stirring it and are why I need to spend less time online.  Or on Facebook anyway.  If (when?) covid does get here, their brains will ex!plode  Irritated

Anyway, an evocative photo for sure.  And Rebecca is gorgeous.  She's one of those dolls who's been on my sensors since I first learned about Pullips, but will probably never show up at a price I'm willing to pay.  Oh well! I enjoy looking at others' smile

That would make for an interesting character, I think, because aside from the knowledge of biology and anatomy, they would also need to know magic.
Not too long ago, I would've sold my soul for a vet who could do magic... but that's too sad a story to go there.  Cry

I’d see an Oddwickshire medical professional as having magical knowledge due to the nature of many of the patients. Rather like Dr Bombay in Bewitched, both a GP and a witch doctor.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 10-24-2020

Your girls are very colourful!
Now I kind of want to see an Oddwickshire reality show about a vet. Like some of those that exist in our world, except with the hijinks that would ensue with the "unusual" animals there... s/he is ready to give the reluctant and slightly-scared pet its shots when it suddenly vanishes in a cloud of pink smoke and discharges a magical zap that knocks all the clinic lights out. There would be a great element of never knowing what to ex-pect for the viewers (maybe not so great for the vet though xp ).

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 10-24-2020

Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 298

Spooky Felis

[Image: 459fea5796365ea0fb9eaa66b06a804d.jpg]

Original Felis

[Image: 096e9bb8307a4041e676c081c9c3b4c0.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 10-24-2020

I love how even through the fliter, the hair colour is still very strong. That shade would be nice, actually...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 10-25-2020

Her Victorian style hat looks particularly spooky-goth in the filtered pic. You work wonders every time you photograph this figure.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 10-25-2020

Her spooky photo is not that spooky compared to sme of the others. She still has amazing red hair in both versions, I love her.