The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 12-14-2020

Eeeek! You ladies sneaked your posts in during that 2-hours-short window when I was composing what seems, judging from the length of it, to be my first novel!

(12-13-2020, 11:27 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahhh, the O'Hair twins look amazing

Re: the argument that who cares if you didn't get x lines, you got this one thing.... Yeah, I hate that line. It's one of those ones that just get me really annoyed and I will not go into the huge rant I want to go into. Just... yeah. I get the anger.

Thank you!

Oh, you encountered that one, too? Sorry to hear that!

(12-14-2020, 01:35 AM)Loona Wrote: As a fellow European, I'll also jump on the distribution bandwagon. Neon has said most of what my usual thoughts are regarding this topic, but I feel the frustration even more so because we here in Hungary, for some reason also unknown to me, even only received a fraction of the distribution that many other European countries had. Novi Stars and Bratzillaz (as far as I can remember) were never available in local stores, only in one webshop that had its headquarters in the Czech Republic and thus often had unusual stock; Moxie Girlz were only ever available once, for a short time, in Tesco supermarkets. Moxie Teenz, LIV or Pinkie Cooper were never available here in any way. And we do not have a Disney Store... the only counter-example, the only one we did have that I can currently think of, is Haunted Rochelle. If I look around, there are over 50 dolls scattered around the room, and one hand is enough to count how many of them were bought locally - especially if I disregard the ones I found in second-hand shops that only sell goods imported from the UK (that's a big thing here, I wonder if Brexit will bring any difference into it).

Your O'Hair twins look lovely, but I highly prefer the otherwordly Novis with their biiiiiig, sparkly bug-eyes! I love how you arranged them for the group photo smile Vera Tabray and Mimi Merize are ones I'd love to pick up if I came across them at reasonable prices (their scalper prices are definitely not that). Una's legs always leave me puzzled for a few seconds when I see her in photos - mine (well, the regular-height one out of the 3 Unas I have Tongue ) has been on an Anne Arctic body (that I bought off eBay just like that, headless) for years, and seeing her constantly like this (her firm spot on my desk is literally 15 cms away from my hand as I type, so I literally always see her when I sit at my desk) has made me so accustomed to her all-blue colour scheme that I tend to forget she's body-swapped.

Never knew Hungary was that much worse. Glad you were able to get at least some dolls on my turf wink

Brexit and its influence on availability of some things scares the hell out of me. Mostly when it comes to books...

Thank you! I found my Mimi and Vera in an online DVD store, they probably thought it was merch for some movie... My Anne, Mae and few others were from this weird hybrid between a drugstore and a discount store, no real toy stores had them.

I don't quite get the orange-yellow gradient on Una either, I'd prefer her to be just blue & white, but most of all, a normal doll, not a snowglobe. But I don't want to rebody because I love the chibi proportions.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 12-14-2020

Oh my goodness! Melody playing a violin! This is adorable! (Where's the heart-eyes emoji when I really need one!)

I'd love to respond to your "novel" with another "novel," but I think I already over-noveled here.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 12-14-2020

(12-14-2020, 01:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I can understand why would people think of Europe as one place, it looks so tiny on the map, but the differences are really huge. ...
I think people all over the world probably tend to stereotype other nations. Sometimes justifiably, sometimes not. Like, I've had penpals who think it snows All The Time in Canada. But there are great differences in climate, geography, communities... and it's Very Big, so no, I don't know your cousin who lives three provinces away and no, you can't drive over to Alberta from Toronto for a day-trip LOL

I think the pandemic is bringing out the worst in many countries. Because as different as we may be, people are people, and there are bad apples everywhere and you can't fix stupid.
The cases where people are doing good & selfless things, and/or ex-pressing a voice of reason, need more attention.

I hope you end up happy with whatever you decide to do with your collection. How disappointing about the deterioration! sad My Barbies are a similar vintage, and they are all intact too. You would think with advances in technology and so on, that things would be made of better materials, but pretty well everything is throw-away or cheaper mass-produced quality. What's happening to the EAH's & MH's?
Agree with you on the Pullip quality, in many cases, which is why I never buy the $200+ new releases. PTFCo is a discount crew! LOL

Yeah, I knew Anne wasn't really articulated much, although I thought maybe hips. A snowglobedoll is kind of a fun idea though. But I think she's extremely hard to find.

Today's pic is once again very nice & colourful; she looks quite absorbed there. Do I remember right, that the violin was something your dad made...?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 12-14-2020

I’ve always seen Melody as a DJ, but I think it’s great that she can play a proper instrument and not just a turntable.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 12-14-2020

Okay, Melody playing violin is one of the coolest things.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 12-14-2020

(12-14-2020, 03:59 AM)davidd Wrote: Oh my goodness! Melody playing a violin! This is adorable! (Where's the heart-eyes emoji when I really need one!)

I'd love to respond to your "novel" with another "novel," but I think I already over-noveled here.

Thank you!!!

Novel away! Or hit me with a private novel.

(12-14-2020, 12:50 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 01:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I can understand why would people think of Europe as one place, it looks so tiny on the map, but the differences are really huge. ...
I think people all over the world probably tend to stereotype other nations.  Sometimes justifiably, sometimes not.  Like, I've had penpals who think it snows All The Time in Canada.  But there are great differences in climate, geography, communities... and it's Very Big, so no, I don't know your cousin who lives three provinces away and no, you can't drive over to Alberta from Toronto for a day-trip LOL

I think the pandemic is bringing out the worst in many countries.  Because as different as we may be, people are people, and there are bad apples everywhere and you can't fix stupid.
The cases where people are doing good & selfless things, and/or ex-pressing a voice of reason, need more attention.

I hope you end up happy with whatever you decide to do with your collection.  How disappointing about the deterioration! sad  My Barbies are a similar vintage, and they are all intact too.  You would think with advances in technology and so on, that things would be made of better materials, but pretty well everything is throw-away or cheaper mass-produced quality.  What's happening to the EAH's & MH's?
Agree with you on the Pullip quality, in many cases, which is why I never buy the $200+ new releases.  PTFCo is a discount crew! LOL

Yeah, I knew Anne wasn't really articulated much, although I thought maybe hips.  A snowglobedoll is kind of a fun idea though.  But I think she's extremely hard to find.

Today's pic is once again very nice & colourful; she looks quite absorbed there.  Do I remember right, that the violin was something your dad made...?

Ha, the cousin thing is quite funny. People really tend to see other countries like town squares with the famous buildings and restaurants or pubs with local cuisine (and locals dressed in traditional clothing, if applicable).

What is depressing me so much is the sheer volume of unfixable stupid. I thought it was a bit better. Oh well...

We do have new and better technologies and materials, but current market isn't focused on making things the best way, but the cheapest way. Also, if nothing lasts, you have to keep buying new stuff...
MHs and EAHs (although EAHs a bit less) suffer from yellowing or discoloration of plastic, which, in my ex!perience, usually leads to it becoming brittle, and then the doll breaks in and can't be fixed, because there are teeny tiny shards that are impossible to glue together. Glue seepage is another problem, it damages the hair, yellows the vinyl of the head and also washes away the softener in the vinyl, making the head hard and again - brittle. The yellowing is mostly said to be caused by UV, but I've been keeping my dolls away from sunlight and they still continue to yellow / lose color, so temperature is probably also a factor (this flat becomes way too hot in summer, with no way to cool it down), and I think the plastic, although it's ABS simply isn't of too high quality and ages badly.

Thank you! Yes, that's the violin my dad made for my dolls.

(12-14-2020, 03:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’ve always seen Melody as a DJ, but I think it’s great that she can play a proper instrument and not just a turntable.

In the official canon, she is a DJ, but in mine, she can also play a few instruments and records her own tracks for mixing.

(12-14-2020, 10:23 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Okay, Melody playing violin is one of the coolest things.

Right? yay Thank you!

Day 349

More coolness!

[Image: feceea85fe7e4a93ad349e0fce88dec8.jpg]

Unfiltered coolness!

[Image: bb3db7443bfded2092f380800c2f0388.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 12-15-2020

[Image: heart_eyes.jpg]

Too much coolness! Too much cuteness! Too much OMG-ness!

You are definitely back at the top of your game with this pic, and when you are at the top of your game your photos are dangerously wonderful! Or wonderfully dangerous!

Or maybe wonderfully wonderful; yes, wonderfully wonderful is more accurate.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 12-15-2020

And how did your dad make that violin? It's remarkable! Is he still making miniatures, or was that a one time thing: Can I do this? Sure, I can do this! There, I did this! Now on to a new challenge!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 12-15-2020

I have properly appreciated (and drooled over) Aurora every time you post a picture of her, but I don't think I've ever properly appreciated her hat and its clock before! Very cool!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 12-15-2020

This couple is seriously the coolest! Great poses too!

(12-14-2020, 11:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ha, the cousin thing is quite funny. People really tend to see other countries like town squares with the famous buildings and restaurants or pubs with local cuisine (and locals dressed in traditional clothing, if applicable).

What is depressing me so much is the sheer volume of unfixable stupid. I thought it was a bit better. Oh well...
And people think we all live in igloos.
It's even regional within Canada, because when I moved to the Maritimes from southern Ontario, everyone kept insisting I was from Toronto, even though there really ARE more cities in southern Ontario LOL And someone I knew from high school had German relatives come to visit & they'd been thinking they actually could drive over to... I forget, Manitoba, or Saskatchewan, for a quick sightsee.

As to the latter... I hearya there too. The "sheer volume of unfixable stupid" is what makes me take angry breaks from Facebook, and to a lesser extent the news. Not only is it depressing, it's scary sad
I'm glad we have doll forums to come to and look at nice pictures smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 12-15-2020

They are a couple with the mostest.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 12-15-2020

Such coolness in that picture right there.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 12-15-2020

(12-15-2020, 01:46 AM)davidd Wrote:
Too much coolness! Too much cuteness! Too much OMG-ness!

You are definitely back at the top of your game with this pic, and when you are at the top of your game your photos are dangerously wonderful! Or wonderfully dangerous!

Or maybe wonderfully wonderful; yes, wonderfully wonderful is more accurate.

yay Thank you very much!!!

(12-15-2020, 01:50 AM)davidd Wrote: And how did your dad make that violin? It's remarkable! Is he still making miniatures, or was that a one time thing: Can I do this? Sure, I can do this! There, I did this! Now on to a new challenge!

I don't know, he just makes things appear. He's mostly into making pipes (the smoking ones), he doesn't make miniatures on his own, but when I or someone in the family asks for something, he can always make it.

(12-15-2020, 04:39 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I have properly appreciated (and drooled over) Aurora every time you post a picture of her, but I don't think I've ever properly appreciated her hat and its clock before! Very cool!

Thanks!

(12-15-2020, 11:58 AM)Alliecat Wrote: This couple is seriously the coolest!  Great poses too!

(12-14-2020, 11:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Ha, the cousin thing is quite funny. People really tend to see other countries like town squares with the famous buildings and restaurants or pubs with local cuisine (and locals dressed in traditional clothing, if applicable).

And people think we all live in igloos.  
It's even regional within Canada, because when I moved to the Maritimes from southern Ontario, everyone kept insisting I was from Toronto, even though there really ARE more cities in southern Ontario LOL  And someone I knew from high school had German relatives come to visit & they'd been thinking they actually could drive over to... I forget, Manitoba, or Saskatchewan, for a quick sightsee.

As to the latter... I hearya there too.  The "sheer volume of unfixable stupid" is what makes me take angry breaks from Facebook, and to a lesser extent the news.  Not only is it depressing, it's scary sad
I'm glad we have doll forums to come to and look at nice pictures  smile

Thank you!

I've been also taking break from social media, even just catching up with instagram and liking everything is kinda too much at the moment, and news depress me. I'm constantly torn between reading them so I know what's going on, and never reading them again because it's all so bad...

(12-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: They are a couple with the mostest.

Yes! Thank you!

(12-15-2020, 10:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Such coolness in that picture right there.

Thank you!

Day 350

Yet another ADAW robbed of its number by the laziness of my sitting apparatus... And the last one with cute sheep.
It should be #50, but I'm still not sure whether I really caught up with all the ones I missed, so it might be a lower number.

[Image: d8a21437814cd465a2b4d3f0d16416b5.jpg]

[Image: 15c97483da3672789407fcd2571bb0bf.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 12-16-2020

Awww!
And the colors of the illustration match so nicely with today's dolly model!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 12-16-2020

I agree with dargos, the colour coordination between the model and the illustration is cleverly accomplished!