The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 02-13-2020

Elissabat looks so stunning in your photographs. You always manage to bring out the best of each doll.

AND I WANT THOSE AZONES. The pirate boy, and possibly the darker of the Chikka's. If you know where they're going up for pre-order, please let me know!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 02-14-2020

Elissa is such a lovely creature of the night!

Have you had issues with her hair becoming gummy? I recently found my second Elissabat, and her hair has become a sticky mess like the one I tried to clean up a couple of weeks ago.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 02-14-2020

Elissabat looks lovely here; she's very elegant.

The Azones are great! Not a style of doll I collect but some of my crew might want his outfit! LOL
Where did you find these? I googled...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Where did you find these?  I googled...

You gotta google better:

https://www.dollyinsider.com/wonder-festival-2020-winter-azone-international-images/

https://twitter.com/neemosi/status/1226382989543657472

Tongue

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 02-15-2020

(02-13-2020, 11:11 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Elissabat looks so stunning in your photographs. You always manage to bring out the best of each doll.

AND I WANT THOSE AZONES. The pirate boy, and possibly the darker of the Chikka's. If you know where they're going up for pre-order, please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Generally speaking, I hunt for Azones on AmiAmi, CD Japan, Dolls.moe and Fabric Friends & Dolls. Since these specific releases are direct store versions, Fabric Friends are probably the only store that will have them, but I don't know yet. I'll definitely let you know when I have more information!

(02-14-2020, 03:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Elissa is such a lovely creature of the night!

Have you had issues with her hair becoming gummy? I recently found my second Elissabat, and her hair has become a sticky mess like the one I tried to clean up a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you!!!

Yes! Sig Elissabat was one of first dolls to develop severe glueheaditis, her hair is awfully sticky, it smells terribly and the glue seepage is so bad at this point, neither simple nor boil washing helps anymore, it just melts more glue. She needs corn starch treatment, then tea tree oil treatment, then washing.

(02-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Elissabat looks lovely here; she's very elegant.

The Azones are great!  Not a style of doll I collect but some of my crew might want his outfit! LOL
Where did you find these?  I googled...

(02-14-2020, 05:57 AM)davidd Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Where did you find these?  I googled...

You gotta google better:

https://www.dollyinsider.com/wonder-festival-2020-winter-azone-international-images/

https://twitter.com/neemosi/status/1226382989543657472

Tongue

Davidd beat me to it - yes, The Dolly Insider is where I get my doll news, their focus is on dolls designed and/or produced in Japan, they cover Azone, CWC (Blythe dolls), Petworks + Sekiguchi, Good Smile Company (only Harmonia Bloom dolls, not Nendoroids or other figures) and Groove; also doll exhibitions in Japan and Japanese books and magazines pertaining to dolls. If you see 'Neon' in the comment section, that's me. I mostly squeal over new releases and swear that I'll get them someday LOL

Day 45

Today is my 11th anniversary in the doll hobby! Originally, I wanted to do a group shot of my most important dolls or first dolls from each sub-collection, but it would be the same old bunch again, and I don't feel too good, so instead I decided to feature a single doll, one of my oldest - 1996 Hula Hair Teresa, in desperate need of a boil wash. She's one of three Barbies that managed to survive my childhood. I had 7 Barbies as a kid, and I played the other four to death. I didn't want to be rough with them, I just didn't gauge their durability well enough. I wish I could time-travel and ex³plain to the little me that I need to be more careful with them... I didn't take any photos of the three I still have, because they need some maintenance, but I keep making myself busy with other things that I didn't think would take that much time, so I still didn't get to fixing these dolls' clothes and hair.

[Image: 9d6a5117f8cbe65504f5d56d84813868.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 02-15-2020

I think showing off one of your childhood dolls is an excellent way to celebrate your Dollaversary... or whatever you would call an anniversary in the doll hobby.

And Hula Hair Teresa is marvelous! That hair, of course! Her hula-ish outfit! And even her name!

Plus, you've styled that spectacular hair most beautifully, and the lighting in the photograph is, as always, superb!

(Must go check eBay now....)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 02-15-2020

Oh wow, the colours in her hair are fantastic. She looks in brilliant shape.

Happy Dollaversary!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 02-15-2020

So rainbow-y!

I'm not sure what happened to my childhood Barbies. I do know most of them were garage sale purchases by my grandmother, so already in "played with" condition. Instead, of a Ken doll, I had a similar-sized Wayne Gretzky doll, who was kind of funny looking and had a weird inner rubber-band-type mechanism that allowed him to rotate at the hips. Unfortunately, a friend once twisted him a bit too hard, and he fell apart at the waist sad Poor Wayne. I think I did eventually get a real Ken, but at that point I wasn't really into my Barbies anymore.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 02-15-2020

Happy Dollyversary!! grin
Teresa's candy-floss colours are fabulous. The hair doesn't look too bad and I bet a little fabric softener or a boil would do wonders.
I still have my childhood dolls... I don't know why it never occurred to me to take pictures of all the adventures they had at the time!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 02-16-2020

Thank you, guys!

Day 46

And the last of Stars of Season 2 is signature Spectra (8 photos).

[Image: db5b34566a48c65273822071546d9116.jpg]

[Image: 75a71cab55c40719393d0437f2448172.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 02-16-2020

Oh Spectra. You always manage to make her so hauntingly beautiful

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 02-16-2020

Ooh, so many pretty shades of purple!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 02-16-2020

The Azones are so cute - especially the pirate ones! The others are a little too pastel for me. Which is very contradictory when I look at the dolls scattered around the place.

I don’t have any Barbies from when I was a kid - oldest of the family so they would have been passed down - but I do have my teddy.
She looks really neat with her bright hair & hula skirt. Which other Barbies do you still have?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 02-16-2020

I love the way Spectra appears to be levitating! She looks so... spectral!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 02-16-2020

Nice purples... she looks luminous.