The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 01-04-2020

Aw, Remei is so sweet.

Pork tenderloin made me laugh!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 01-04-2020

Remei is such a cutie. She’s almost childlike in her innocence.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 01-04-2020

Very pretty portrait. Yay for 10 years of collecting smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-04-2020

(01-04-2020, 09:35 AM)davidd Wrote: Another adorable Remei portrait! She is SO cute, and your photos capture that cuteness superbly!

I wish I had known that the Czech word for doll, panenka, also means 'pork tenderloin,' because it would have been amusing to title my ADAD topic "Pork Tenderloin a Day."

Uhm... if 'Stormlight' continues to post A Pork Tenderloin A Day at Dollieh Sanctuary, it would not be fair to bail out on her, would it? That said, it is a bit of a chore to post daily at both forums. I have already given up, myself, on also posting at Flickr, and I deleted the two or three "daily" pics I had already uploaded there. There's definitely not the level of interest at Dollieh Sanctuary as there is here. If we remain a group of only three commenting on one another's posts over there, then yes, I agree that there would be little point in continuing.

Dolls needing friends: will that ultimately include Remei?

Thank you very much!

Noooo! LOLLOLLOL I mean, it's a very fine piece of meat, but dolls and pork just... don't mix. LOL  But yeah, if you said 'a doll a day' in Czech ('panenka denně' or 'panenka každý den'), it coud be both a doll and a diet challenge...

Oh, I'm not going to bail out on anyone, I'll still be there to comment on everyone's challenge threads, but... My thread is the only one of daily/weekly challenges that doesn't get any comments from 'locals', the only people commenting are you and werepuppy. That kinda stings, to be perfectly honest, and it makes me feel a bit... unweclome? Is that a word? With the first posts, I didn't mind so much, because they heavily depended on context, but pics of a cute Smart Doll don't... Same thing happened with my 1/6 photo thread, although maywong did comment a few times, it ended up being just you and werepuppy.
Now, I have waaaay too much migraine to deal with to get all butthurt on top of that, but the only thing I'm achieving by this is that I force the three of us to post the same thing twice, and I don't think there's anything to be gained by doing that...

Oh, I never suffered from Just This One Syndrom. With all my dolls, I knew there will be more of them, I often start by getting multiple at once, if finances allow it. So I'm definitely going to get more Smart Dolls - one of each color, plus one with port wine stain, plus, hopefully, the boys, and then we'll see. I'm not sure if I'll be getting one this year, since I'm riding the resin wave right now, which is where all my dolly money went - I have two BJDs on order. One is 1/3 sized, so Remei won't be alone in that size anymore.

(01-04-2020, 10:03 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, Remei is so sweet.

Pork tenderloin made me laugh!

Thank you!!! smile

(01-04-2020, 10:52 AM)Elfy Wrote: Remei is such a cutie. She’s almost childlike in her innocence.

Thanks! Her sweet, constantly happy face always helps me recharge my mental batteries.

(01-04-2020, 10:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Very pretty portrait.  Yay for 10 years of collecting smile

Thank you!!!

Day 4

This should be 'the last doll of the year' post, but I got five dolls last year, and three of them arrived the same day and also ended up being the last ones, so it's kinda ridiculous... Oh well, whateverz!

[Image: 6a02745f888030aae97eb8f3506fbfe8.jpg]
"You know, if you crouched or kneeled down, you would fit into the shot."
"Or you could lift us up..."
"Um... No, thanks, I prefer not to show myself too much right now. We'll take another one when I have face. And hair. And eyes. And clothes... And maybe some shoes."

Poor Withdoll Emma is still blank. At first, I was incredibly intimidated by the idea of doing her face up. I feel like tackling that one now, but I have no money to get the supplies after buying two more BJDs, so I have to save up.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 01-04-2020

Awww, poor Withdoll Emma. Though the others are doing a great job of making her feel welcome.

(I see your comments about the other forum and I wish I could say something that would make you feel better. Sometimes just copy/pasting for the sake of keeping up to date is the best you can do.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-05-2020

I like the "golden toga" temporary costume! And Emma has nicely sculpted knees.

But Retro Reporter Girl's costume is just the absolute adorable-est!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 01-05-2020

Emma is a giant!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 01-05-2020

Emma looks very lovely from the bit that is shown, and the other are very welcoming to her.

I look forward to seeing her all finished when the funds allow. And also the other Smart Dolls.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 01-05-2020

I'm looking forward to seeing Emma too.
Too bad about the other forum; there seem to be more members than here, but it can be hard to break into a new one if there's an established group of commenters who sort of "know" each other. I think I registered there some time ago, but have way too much computer-screen-staring in my life already, so I never got round to posting.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-05-2020

(01-04-2020, 09:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My thread is the only one of daily/weekly challenges that doesn't get any comments from 'locals', the only people commenting are you and werepuppy. That kinda stings, to be perfectly honest, and it makes me feel a bit... unweclome? Is that a word?

Oh My Oh! That is... very odd. I did not notice that you have not received comments from the other DS forum members.

werepuppy definitely gets more "local" comments over there than do either you or I, but she has been an active member at Dollieh Sanctuary for longer than we have. Maybe the "locals" are more comfortable with her. Or maybe she has a better "feel" for what types of content they like at Dollieh Sanctuary.

I've grown accustomed to not getting any comments on my posts at Dollieh Sanctuary, so it is always a surprise when I do receive one.

Not receiving any acknowledgement from the "regulars" would definitely be discouraging. And yes, unwelcome is a word. I can see why you would feel that way.

I do not have words to ex-press how happy I am that Dolly Market is back in action. For another year at least. Although maybe this time around we will need to be sure to post our final ADAD 2020 pics on the penultimate day!

ADAD is, above all else, supposed to be fun! Challenging, yes! Sometimes frustrating, of course! But the fun should outweigh everything else. If posting to Dollieh Sanctuary is detracting from the fun, if it is affecting your enjoyment of the project, then stop posting there. I would definitely support that decision. (And I might very well follow your lead.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 03:12 PM)davidd Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 09:50 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: My thread is the only one of daily/weekly challenges that doesn't get any comments from 'locals', the only people commenting are you and werepuppy. That kinda stings, to be perfectly honest, and it makes me feel a bit... unweclome? Is that a word?

Oh My Oh! That is... very odd. I did not notice that you have not received comments from the other DS forum members.

werepuppy definitely gets more "local" comments over there than do either you or I, but she has been an active member at Dollieh Sanctuary for longer than we have. Maybe the "locals" are more comfortable with her. Or maybe she has a better "feel" for what types of content they like at Dollieh Sanctuary.

I've grown accustomed to not getting any comments on my posts at Dollieh Sanctuary, so it is always a surprise when I do receive one.

Not receiving any acknowledgement from the "regulars" would definitely be discouraging. And yes, unwelcome is a word. I can see why you would feel that way.

I do not have words to ex-press how happy I am that Dolly Market is back in action. For another year at least. Although maybe this time around we will need to be sure to post our final ADAD 2020 pics on the penultimate day!

ADAD is, above all else, supposed to be fun! Challenging, yes! Sometimes frustrating, of course! But the fun should outweigh everything else. If posting to Dollieh Sanctuary is detracting from the fun, if it is affecting your enjoyment of the project, then stop posting there. I would definitely support that decision. (And I might very well follow your lead.)

Thnak you.

As I said, I'm not letting myself get stupidly butthurt over this, you see, I'm a very fragile person and I always had a tendency to get hurt by absolutely everything, so I'm fighting that and working hard on developing thicker skin (we call it hippopotamus skin in Czech. I might consider growing hippo teeth in addition to the skin...). Again, way too much migraine in my life to let something so stupid get to me.

Domain registration was renewed for two years, it will ex²pire on 31 December 2021, so we don't have to panic this year, but I already made a note in my spreadsheet to make a note in my 2021 spreadsheet (I'm definitely going to continue doing photochallenges, but I'll most likely switch to weekly ones. I wanted to do so this year, but then Her Royal Infernality casually mentioned she wants that extra day in her track record...)

As for DS, I have two special days of various sorts coming up soon, and I'm not sure if I want to bother with trying to provide context for that in there (the DM crew has already seen this a few times in my previous threads, so I don't need to ex²plain it here), so I might abandon that particular sinking ship on 7th. I'm way too lazy to post the same thing on two forums, I don't enjoy making you two post there just so the thread isn't completely dead, I don't need to prove that I can do this, because I already did it twice, all in all, I see no reason to be stubborn in this particular case. smile

And thank you for your support!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-05-2020

(01-04-2020, 11:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Awww, poor Withdoll Emma. Though the others are doing a great job of making her feel welcome.

(I see your comments about the other forum and I wish I could say something that would make you feel better. Sometimes just copy/pasting for the sake of keeping up to date is the best you can do.)

Yeah, I feel bad for her, poor thing arrived last August and she's still faceless. But she's going to get faceless resin friends and then they're all getting face-ups, so it will be fine. Azones are very pleasant creatures, everyone feels good around them.

Don't feel bad for me! I'm happy here and that's what's important, I just don't see the point in continuing there, and I don't want to make you two comment twice, because sometimes, even if you really like a photo, it's kinda hard to come up with a comment, let alone two. My head gets so numb at times, I don't even know how to spell my own name LOL

(01-05-2020, 05:02 AM)davidd Wrote: I like the "golden toga" temporary costume! And Emma has nicely sculpted knees.

But  Retro Reporter Girl's costume is just the absolute adorable-est!

Combination of bright yellow scarf and grey resin works really well, doesn't it? I was already thinking about sewing her something in that color... Oh, Withdolls are so nicely sculpted, I love them! My SD girl is also a Withdoll. I can't wait for her to get here.

I know, right? I was on verge with Azones, because Pure Neemos don't usually have articulated wrists (they have a 1/6 double-jointed body, but for reasons most mysterious, they almost never use it), but this release pulled me over. Her face, hair, clothes and overall theme are all just perfect, who cares about wrists...

(01-05-2020, 09:54 AM)Elfy Wrote: Emma is a giant!

She's 42 cm tall, 1/4 scale.

(01-05-2020, 10:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Emma looks very lovely from the bit that is shown, and the other are very welcoming to her.

I look forward to seeing her all finished when the funds allow.  And also the other Smart Dolls.

She's is very lovely! Sadly, I have to hold onto money right now, because I'm going to have to pay custom fees for my BJDs when they arrive, but then I'm getting all the supplies and getting my lazy bum to work!

I'm not sure about Smart Dolls this year, because I'll be busy with completing BJDs, then I want to get a friend for Monty and then prioritize getting shells for Oddies, but my wishlist and buying plans change all the time, so we'll see.

(01-05-2020, 01:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing Emma too.
Too bad about the other forum; there seem to be more members than here, but it can be hard to break into a new one if there's an established group of commenters who sort of "know" each other.  I think I registered there some time ago, but have way too much computer-screen-staring in my life already, so I never got round to posting.

Thank you!
Yeah, it's a somewhat closed community, even werepuppy and davidd get only a few comments, despite posting a lot of amazing stuff. I do remember seeing you as 'the newest member'. You're probably not missing out on anything.

Day 5

Usually, there are two separate prompts, one for the best catch of the year and one for all new dolls one got that year, but I got five dolls last year and they're all the best catch, so for 2019, I'm going to combine the two prompts in single photo.

[Image: 69571fa37de67ffcb49bf31eb4e75643.jpg]

Poor Emma, still so shy about the no face thing...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 01-05-2020

I'm not going to lie? I couldn't help but laugh at poor Emma. It's weirdly adorable? Like... seriously, it's just she just hides under her security blanket all the time.

As for DS... I don't know what gets comments, that's the honest truth. Even when I do make posts, I'm lucky if I get a couple of comments and you'll have both seen on the Room thread that it can go a while with only me posting each segement. Custom work gets comments, and occasionally posting about a new line that others don't know much on, but apart from that... /shrug. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

(But know that I am appreciating threads on both places so much.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-06-2020

LOL  My thoughts were along the same lines as werepuppy: Emma is "oddly adorable" hiding under her bright yellow blanket. She is obviously shy and wants to hide; but then she chooses a brilliantly colored golden disguise, so obviously she wants to be seen, as well. She is becoming a wonderful character even without a face-up!

I agree, you made five Top Tier dolly catches this past year! Quality and quantity! An excellent and focussed use of your hobby resources!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 01-06-2020

You’ve definitely gone for quality in your purchases last year - they are all excellent & different.