The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 01-06-2020

Ha, my first thought was that Emma was offering up the little guy like some kind of bizarre sacrifice smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 01-06-2020

Haha. Emma looks headless as well as faceless in this one! I like the bright colour combination in this photo.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 01-06-2020

I didn’t realise how small the Azones were. That’s a very cute shot, especially Emma.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-06-2020

(01-05-2020, 11:42 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm not going to lie? I couldn't help but laugh at poor Emma. It's weirdly adorable? Like... seriously, it's just she just hides under her security blanket all the time.

As for DS... I don't know what gets comments, that's the honest truth. Even when I do make posts, I'm lucky if I get a couple of comments and you'll have both seen on the Room thread that it can go a while with only me posting each segement. Custom work gets comments, and occasionally posting about a new line that others don't know much on, but apart from that... /shrug. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

(But know that I am appreciating threads on both places so much.)

That's great! It was meant to be for laughs! Her character (still in the process of making) is shy and has reasons for it, but in this particular case, I just really didn't like how the blank, hairless doll with empty eye sockets looked among the other ones, so I decided to take the funny route. Hmmm, as I'm typing this, I got a little idea...

My main problem with the 'no comment' thing was that my thread was the only one among the ADAD/W ones. I know that DS is pretty dead, but being the only one in this case made me feel weird. But don't worry about it. I'm dropping that thread today and I feel really good about it, so don't bother yourself with it anymore wink

(01-06-2020, 04:33 AM)davidd Wrote: LOL  My thoughts were along the same lines as werepuppy: Emma is "oddly adorable" hiding under her bright yellow blanket. She is obviously shy and wants to hide; but then she chooses a brilliantly colored golden disguise, so obviously she wants to be seen, as well. She is becoming a wonderful character even without a face-up!

I agree, you made five Top Tier dolly catches this past year! Quality and quantity! An excellent and focussed use of your hobby resources!

Ah, that yellow scarf is entirely my fault, it was on top of the scarf stash and I was lazy to fish for more, and when I put it on her, I just loved the contrast between the scarf and her resin so much, I decided to use it again. Her character will actually be all about NOT being seen, but I won't share any details for a while, because if I start putting too much effort and detail to a backstory before I have certain amount of dolls for which the backstory is meant, it pops new characters left and right and they ALL demand to be shelled, and that would be a bit of an issue with resins...

Thank you!!!

(01-06-2020, 06:32 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: You’ve definitely gone for quality in your purchases last year - they are all excellent & different.

Thank you!!!

(01-06-2020, 09:31 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ha, my first thought was that Emma was offering up the little guy like some kind of bizarre sacrifice smile

LOL Lady, I like your style!

(01-06-2020, 02:02 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Haha.  Emma looks headless as well as faceless in this one!  I like the bright colour combination in this photo.

LOL You're right! Thank you!

(01-06-2020, 03:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: I didn’t realise how small the Azones were. That’s a very cute shot, especially Emma.

I have an Azone/MH comparison pics here in my previous thread, and I'll take more once my faceless beauty isn't quite so faceless anymore. And thank you!

Day 6

This day is dedicated to the favorite dolly memory of 2019, and once again, I'm having a hard time to pick just one. While it was the worst year for me health-wise, it was THE best year in the hobby so far, even better than 2010, when MH came out. I completed second ADAD in a row together with you guys, I had tons of fun with milestones pics and graveyard props, my dolls got some fine props made especially for them by my dad, I started collecting a whole bunch of wonderful new dolls (Smart Doll, Azone, resin BJDs), I have - more or less - successfully sewn my first dolly outfit... The only sad thing was the yellowing and deteriorating of some of my MHs, but other than that, everything doll-related was just so good in 2019, I had a blast!

So this photo is an attempt to concentrate all that awesomeness into one pic, rather than portraying one specific memory.

[Image: cfef7ca5ee2978c60913ffa37a4fd750.jpg]

[Image: 631cf4c1bf1eae197168a14f804fcc03.jpg]

I'd like to point out that I went FIVE whole days without using a filter, six if you count Day 365 of last year's challenge LOL

What's your favorite dolly memory of 2019?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 01-06-2020

Ahh, it looks fantastic

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-07-2020

Concentrated Awesomeness, indeed! Less than a week in to the New Year, and how are you gonna top this pic? You could stop now*, and the year would be a win!

Your eye for composition is amazing! So much talent and skill!

Fave dolly memory of 2019 is the delight I received from seeing so many participants in the Doll A Day and Doll A Week projects here at this forum. Fun and laughs every single day!

*But please don't!

((You could switch to A Doll A Week at The Other Forum and see how that goes.))

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 01-07-2020

What a lovely-- and awesome-- grouping! Yay for an awesome dolly year!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 01-07-2020

A fun collage. It's nice that you had a great dolly year to provide some distraction from the bad health year, and I hope the coming year will be much better for you health-wise.
My favourite dolly memory is playing with Sunsette & Aloalo in the magic garden in Hawaii.... yay

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 01-07-2020

So cute with 3 of your different types posed so nicely in the cemetery.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-07-2020

(01-06-2020, 11:03 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahh, it looks fantastic

Thank you!

(01-07-2020, 03:37 AM)davidd Wrote: Concentrated Awesomeness, indeed! Less than a week in to the New Year, and how are you gonna top this pic? You could stop now*, and the year would be a win!

Your eye for composition is amazing! So much talent and skill!

Fave dolly memory of 2019 is the delight I received from seeing so many participants in the Doll A Day and Doll A Week projects here at this forum. Fun and laughs every single day!

*But please don't!

((You could switch to A Doll A Week at The Other Forum and see how that goes.))

Thank you very much!!!

Doing this with other people makes it easier and gives you something to look forward to every day, doesn't it?

*Haha, don't worry, I can't stop, Her Insane Majesty demands to have ADAD with Extra Day! on her list of achievements. wink

((Nah, I'm too lazy LOL))

(01-07-2020, 10:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: What a lovely-- and awesome-- grouping! Yay for an awesome dolly year!

Thank you!!!

(01-07-2020, 02:10 PM)Alliecat Wrote: A fun collage.  It's nice that you had a great dolly year to provide some distraction from the bad health year, and I hope the coming year will be much better for you health-wise.
My favourite dolly memory is playing with Sunsette & Aloalo in the magic garden in Hawaii....  yay

Thank you very much!

Oh, that was a magic garden, indeed! I hope you'll be able to return there or visit some equally or even more magic place!

(01-07-2020, 04:35 PM)Elfy Wrote: So cute with 3 of your different types posed so nicely in the cemetery.

Thank you!

Day 7 - 2020 Dolly Resolution and a Different ADAW

My final 2019 reminiscence prompt is 'dolly resolution for 2020'. I shared my plans, but I see the resolution as an overarching theme, rather than specific plan to do a specific thing. My dolly resolution this year is to make 2020 as (or even more) spectacular a blast as 2019 was. I'm not gonna wait for it to happen, I'm MAKING it happen. I'm gonna have a blast!

And today I'm starting with one of things that will help me get there. Remember the "do more artsy-fartsy stuff" bullet point in my Shenanigary Wishlist?

[Image: d44f7658455b696831378dba5a5fd126.jpg]

Her Insane Majesty is hereby launching A Doodle A Week, an add-on to the daily photochallenge, which will take the form of little posters for our adorable FdC playset, and will be presented to our esteemed audience through photos of the aforementioned posters, accompanied by doll, once a week.

Her Insane Majesty thinks this is going to be very artful, but my skills and refined taste are better suited for silliness than artistry, so that's what you're going to get LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 01-08-2020

I'm sure Her Insane Majesty is entirely correct in her surrmations

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-08-2020

Will Her Illustrious Illustratory Insaneness be drafting the images herself, or assigning each week's image to an artistically gifted underling?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 01-08-2020

Hmmm, weird, for me (win10 - chrome, plus android phone) the image works normally, it also worked back when werepuppy commented.

Underling, of course, though she didn't exactly find a gifted one as of yet.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 07:23 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hmmm, weird, for me (win10 - chrome, plus android phone) the image works normally, it also worked back when werepuppy commented.

Underling, of course, though she didn't exactly find a gifted one as of yet.

Now it is working. The irregularity is likely a result of my slow and spotty Internet connection. I shall edit my previous post.

I pity the underlings whose artistic talent fails to meet the lofty ex-pectations of Her Majestic Madness.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 01-08-2020

A doodle a week? Wow, you're going to be busy adding that to ADAD.
Does the announcement of the doodle challenge, count as the week's doodle, or do you have to re-doodle ...? LOL
Your lettering is cute.