The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 03-25-2020

Many thanks, everyone!

Day 84

ADAW #12
I feel incredibly tired. I percieve it as physical fatigue, but I'm pretty sure it's mental, caused by all this mess. I don't feel depressed, though, just super tired. So today's doodle is really poor, and I didn't put in much effort. I was trying out some new markers, they're supposed to be really light pastel colors, but they turned out quite rich on this paper. I think it's because the paper is rather soaky and drew more pigment out of the markers.

[Image: 79c4dc48e279ccf17da3135e4ccf0170.jpg]

[Image: d6bcafe75e5c6ac8e36ef68a9d945b30.jpg]

I think I'll stop posting COVID-19 updates for now. Right now, nothing really turbulent is happening, the new cases keep popping up within predicted amount and speed, some people are recovering, the unsettling stuff that's happening right now is mostly political, and I don't want to write about politics here. I'll get back to it when I have something important or positive to report.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 03-25-2020

The doodle is super cute, and Maddie seems delighted by it.

Do what you need to keep your head together

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 03-25-2020

That sounds reasonable about stopping reporting, especially if you are mentally tired as well.

Your doodle is lovely & bright today, even if it wasn’t supposed to be. Maddie seems delighted with the animals shown in it.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 03-25-2020

Your "poor" doodle is very cute. I really like the critter peering under the branch. Are these your original creations or do they come from some other animated world?
The mental fatigue is totally understandable. There is literally nothing else in the news here slash

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 02:08 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I think I'll stop posting COVID-19 updates for now. ... the unsettling stuff that's happening right now is mostly political, and I don't want to write about politics here.

That's probably a good idea. Or, more specifically, that is probably a good idea that I, personally, should strongly heed! Because, y'know...  Whacked

Are those lemurs? They're adorable!

(I totally forgot this was Tuesday. As you say, mental (and emotional) fatigue.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 03-25-2020

Lemurs are cute. They have a lemur island exhibit at Melbourne Zoo where you walk amongst them, it’s kind of trippy.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 03-26-2020

Thank you very much, everyone! These critters aren't any specific animal, they're based on bushbabies, lemurs and other Strepsirrhines. I've been drawing similar ones since I was a kid, I liked making up my own animals and I always end up drawing these when I feel uninspired.

Day 85

Remember The Lavender Order of Chosen Ones, alternatively The Dark Children of Lavender Redemption; Lavender Cult for short? The object of their adoration kept growing the whole winter, but a few days ago, she really got into it, and sprouted a ton of new leaves. The Cult is back!

[Image: 4521765afa3cbf78f75889147fd1bcd2.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 03-26-2020

Raven seems so happy to see the new leaves!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 03-26-2020

Awesome! During these dark times, joining a Dark Cult sounds very appealing.

(Note to self: order lavender seeds.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 03-26-2020

Hurrah for new leaves (members) of the Lavender Cult.

Which reminds me - I need to clear out the grass from around ours so it will keep growing.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 03-26-2020

Yay! I'm still waiting to see if mine has survived the winter.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 03-26-2020

The lavender cult returns!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 03-26-2020

Thank you very much everyone!!!

Day 86

11 days of quarantine, everybody's going crazy, 6 or 7 deaths (our media cannot make up their mind) and we are now prohibited to move around in groups larger than two people (up until now, it was just a recommendation).

Today is 'Make Up Your Own Holiday Day', so I made one up just for this occasion. I think that sanity is no longer a shield from all this chaos and mayhem, and that the gloomy madness nestled in people's minds can only be countered by more madness, but a happy, positive one. So, without further ado, I wish you happy (my personal) Positive Madness Day!

[Image: 838760691796519763fe3c480057dae3.jpg]

And the original:

[Image: a0f0a48e08a5bb8a49aa8552a2517b87.jpg]

Please pardon the clumsy lighting, I put away the light tent for now (to make room for sewing machine), and I've set up a makeshift 'studio' on a shelf, but I haven't figured out the best way to light it yet. I'll set up the lighting camp again soon.

Her Insane Majesty agreed that her color scheme and the one I was going for in this photo do not match, and kindly offered to let Florianne be the Oddwickshire Postive Madness Ambassador, but I have to take Her Insane Majesty's photo tomorrow, as she is the most positively the most mad. The most madly positive. The positimadly most. You mean what I said to know, left?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 03-27-2020

A Happy Positive Madness Day right back at'cha! After all, we are all positively mad here, aren't we?

Appropriately mad color scheme on the gloriously oversaturated edit!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 03-27-2020

A Happy Positive Madness to you as well!

I have to agree - the oversaturated edit really brings this odd feeling of giddy glee to it.