The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 04-09-2020

She does look rather sad & wistful -- nice shot.
I'm glad your furbaby is OK. Hope you feel better again soon too.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 04-09-2020

Gazing out not the distance, looking pensive.

Glad that kitty is okay, and good luck with wrangling them in 2 weeks.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 04-10-2020

Many thanks, everyone!!!

Day 100

So... We're 100 days in, huh? I had a plan for what I want to do for milestones photos since the end of December, when Her Majesty decided we're doing ADAD Challenge again, but I was forced to change the plans. I started working on my milestones project, but I didn't get all the supplies at once, and now, all the stores are closed and ordering online is a mess, it takes up to three weeks to get things, even if the warehouse is in the same city. Online stores are just buried in orders, because we can't shop normally anymore, so they can't keep up the usual delivery times. Long story short, I don't have what I needed for the photo I planned to do today, but I didn't want to water down the original idea, so instead, I decided to change the plan.

I am going to do what I already did in my 2019 review pics - a sort of a photo summary of the first 100 days of challenge.

I got some new dolls, they're represented by May (Lil' Fairy Sui).
I've been sewing a lot, mostly surgical masks. Those are represented by Catrine's (the Ghoul Chat release) dress - it is made from cabbage I had left from masks. I'm having troubles with sewing in the closure, so the dress is held together by a clip for now.
I've also been doodling for this challenge, so there's a poster.
I've been trying not to lose my head in this weird pandemic time, so that's why the poster says what it does.

[Image: 384466b31a69857fc6a848496bd5c05f.jpg]

I'll post more photos of the dress when it's actually finished.

Oh, and I definitely plan to get back to the original milestones project next year, not sure if I'll do the daily challenge or the weekly one, but that doesn't matter. So you'll get to see it eventually.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-10-2020

Next year? NEXT YEAR?!?   Oh My

We're already planning on doing this again?

You know it will be a "daily." Weekly is for wimps.

I'll be there if you are.   yay

I love your jellyfish renderings! They're so wonderfully detailed!

Sounds like your year was off to a grand start, at least.

Also, I'm more than exceptionally pleased to see your post. Usually you post "early" (in my time zone), and I did not "see you" when I checked in at the usual time. Glad it was merely a temporary delay – I imagine that jellyfish took a while to finish.

Nice job on the lettering.

sly  ... next year ... grumble grumble grumble ...  Tongue

(04-10-2020, 07:29 AM)davidd Wrote: Next year? NEXT YEAR?!?   Oh My

We're already planning on doing this again?

You know it will be a "daily." Weekly is for wimps.

I'll be there if you are.   yay

I love your jellyfish renderings! They're so wonderfully detailed!

Sounds like your year was off to a grand start, at least.

Also, I'm more than exceptionally pleased to see your post. Usually you post "early" (in my time zone), and I did not "see you" when I checked in at the usual time. Glad it was merely a temporary delay – I imagine that jellyfish took a while to finish.

Nice job on the lettering.

sly  ... next year ... grumble grumble grumble ...  Tongue

LOL I already plan to do a photochallenge next year, because the first year, I managed to inflict some sort of mental damage on myself, and I feel weird when I don't take dolly photos. I won't be the one deciding on the frequency of photos, though.

Thank you!

I spent the most time trying to figure out the closure on the cabbage dress, which I didn't.

Thanks again!

Don't be upset, maybe we'll all die and there won't be a next year wink

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-10-2020

We won't die. Nellie is working on another "stats" post to cheer us up.

Not the one deciding on the frequency? Uh oh! You could end up with two ADAD topics: A Doll A Day, and A Reigning Raving Royal A Day.

When it comes to securing clothing, pins and paperclips are a dolly photographer's friend! (Some of us are known to use masking tape and glue.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 04-10-2020

Aw, love the sign. And their adorably complementary outfits.

I am totally in awe of the three of you who manage daily photos! A big pat of the back for day 100!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 04-10-2020

Congrats on Day 100

Also we're planning next year already?!

Seriously love the pic

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 04-10-2020

The dress Catrine is wearing is so cute - the colours complement each other perfectly.

And the poster is a good reminder of what to do.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 04-10-2020

Looks like Catrine is reassuring May.
Cute, and nice colour palette here.
Cabbage??? ...well, I learned a new use for a word, thanks to you and Google. Not that I'm likely to use it much cos I hate sewing, but...
And I used glue on the rare doll outfits that I've made LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 04-10-2020

The sign is amazing and good to see you planning ahead.

(04-10-2020, 07:48 AM)davidd Wrote: We won't die. Nellie is working on another "stats" post to cheer us up.

Not the one deciding on the frequency? Uh oh! You could end up with two ADAD topics: A Doll A Day, and A Reigning Raving Royal A Day.

When it comes to securing clothing, pins and paperclips are a dolly photographer's friend! (Some of us are known to use masking tape and glue.)

Good to hear that!

Shush! Don't give her dangerous ideas... Although, she probably did think about it, and just didn't want to do it for some reason. But I'm not gonna ask, for safety reasons.

(04-10-2020, 09:29 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw, love the sign. And their adorably complementary outfits.

I am totally in awe of the three of you who manage daily photos! A big pat of the back for day 100!

Thank you very much!!!

(04-10-2020, 09:42 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Congrats on Day 100

Also we're planning next year already?!

Seriously love the pic

Thank you!!!

(04-10-2020, 10:05 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: The dress Catrine is wearing is so cute - the colours complement each other perfectly.

And the poster is a good reminder of what to do.

Many thanks!

(04-10-2020, 10:43 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Looks like Catrine is reassuring May.  
Cute, and nice colour palette here.
Cabbage???  ...well, I learned a new use for a word, thanks to you and Google.  Not that I'm likely to use it much cos I hate sewing, but...  
And I used glue on the rare doll outfits that I've made LOL

Thank you!

I like sewing. I find it calming.

(04-10-2020, 10:55 AM)Elfy Wrote: The sign is amazing and good to see you planning ahead.

Thank you!!!

Day 101

Post-milestone Shenanigary Wishlist check:

[Image: 8b2327d792053d5031ccaf97300317fe.jpg]

I got three out of four dolls (and I ordered one that isn't on the list - the little pirate boy, and I'm going to get more Azones, because I can't get enough of their cuteness and Azone just keeps releasing must-have dolls). I did a lot of sewing, but it wasn't for dolls, so I'm keeping that one. I also decided to keep the artsy-fartsy bullet, I'll probably swoosh it at the end of the year. But I've been keeping that one up so far.

The current state of Shenanigary Wishlist, then, is as follows:
  • Sewing, sewing and more sewing! Remei needs more clothes, some of my other dolls need replacement clothes, my Withdoll will need something once she has a face... I want to participate in monthly sewing themes at Den of Angels (not all of them, though)... Yeah. Lots of sewing!
  • Do more artsy-fartsy stuff.
  • Get another resin BJD in MSD size. Withdoll needs a friend!
  • Get a resin SD-sized doll
  • Face-ups! By the end of 2020, all face-less dolls must no longer be face-less!
  • Get another Lil' Fairy. Monty needs a friend in his size.
  • Shell at least one Oddwickshire character
As for planning ahead - while I knew I was going to do some sort of photochalenge, because I'm an addict at this point, I wasn't really planning it, but since I couldn't do my original milestones idea now, 2021 challenge shifted from general intent closer to specific plan. I want to put some effort in that idea, and I didn't want to reduce its rank of milestones pics, so postponing it to 2021 seemed like the best plan. So yeah, I have a spreadsheet now. LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 04-10-2020

It's nice to see that your Shenanigary Wishlist is going well! Remei looks so pleased with the results of it.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-11-2020

You put an impressive amount of thought in to your ADAD project!

Y'know, if you had an iCarly figure, it would be significantly easier! Grab! * Snap! * Post!   yay

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 04-11-2020

That list is coming along nicely.