The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 04-11-2020

Remei looks happy with the list progress. Good luck with completing the rest of it! I'm curious to see a new Oddwickshire character.

(04-10-2020, 07:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like sewing. I find it calming.
I'd like some of that. OMG, if you could've heard the language as I spent 3 MORE hours today trying to "reduce" a "L" shirt to my size because I really liked it & it was the smallest they had. Another 4+ hours at least to go, I ex-pect (impossible design to work with for someone who doesn't sew).

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 04-11-2020

(04-10-2020, 10:17 PM)werepuppy Wrote: It's nice to see that your Shenanigary Wishlist is going well! Remei looks so pleased with the results of it.

Thank you very much! She's always happy. Never seen the girl frown smile

(04-11-2020, 02:13 AM)davidd Wrote: You put an impressive amount of thought in to your ADAD project!

Y'know, if you had an iCarly figure, it would be significantly easier! Grab! * Snap! * Post!   yay

It's more like I'm having impressive amount of fun with it wink

I do have MH vinyls - Frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura, so there are grab-snap-post figures around here, but I enjoy poseable dolls with real hair and clothes more.

(04-11-2020, 11:58 AM)Elfy Wrote: That list is coming along nicely.

Thank you!

(04-11-2020, 02:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Remei looks happy with the list progress.  Good luck with completing the rest of it!  I'm curious to see a new Oddwickshire character.

(04-10-2020, 07:30 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like sewing. I find it calming.
I'd like some of that.  OMG, if you could've heard the language as I spent 3 MORE hours today trying to "reduce" a "L" shirt to my size because I really liked it & it was the smallest they had.  Another 4+ hours at least to go, I ex-pect (impossible design to work with for someone who doesn't sew).

Thank you!! I'm mostly looking to shell existing characters, but there are some dolls on my wishlist that don't really work for any existing character, but I still want them, so new characters will also happen.

I find fixing/alterin existing stuff more difficult than starting from scratch, but I'm still very much a newbie, I started a while ago, but between all the migraines and stuff, I didn't do much. Good luck with it!

Day 102

At Monster High, the party never dies!

[Image: b58ab0988cdea4b188b7118c579955d9.jpg]

So we're having a party. You can join us, or you can post your own party!

Here, have a drink.

[Image: 83572ba45759773c2062b35e5502910c.jpg]

[Image: cd051412797daa165810627172475784.jpg]

And we need music, of course! The jukebox has unlimited options, so feel free to post what you want to listen to!

Let's kick the party off with Monster High Fright Song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG9RQK_4ASM

I'm definitely going to listen to The Sims - Makin' Magic soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antIGLyTwB0&list=PLB16E242310CAAE17

And then there's Bobby Pickett, Jill Tracy, and many more...

So yeah, let's party!

Here's a horror version of the photo:

[Image: 39f808070d525fac43e49852a27be440.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 04-11-2020

Well, that looks like a fantastically inviting party - I love your drink props! And the angles and poses - Twyla coming out from under the table and Caterine spotting her. Fantastic!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 04-11-2020

Part-tay time!!

Love the blue drink with the orange peel ship.

I’m gonna have to find a Red Thing to drink, and dialling up “Timewarp” on the jukebox.

(The Red Thing drink is what we refer to as any vaguely fancy drink - doesn’t have to have alcohol or be red.  It comes from an overheard conversation on our honeymoon.  A group was ordering a round of drinks, and one of the ladies said she’d have the same as last night.  When asked what it was called, she couldn’t remember but it was a red one smile )

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-12-2020

AWESOMENESSS BEYOND AWESOMENESSSS!!!!!

Did you make the neon jellyfish colored drinks? With ORANGE PEEL SAILING SHIPS!!!! In tiki head tumblers!

Ultimate TIKI PARTY at Neon's house!

This is SO FUN!!!! Today will be a good... a GREAT day because all I need to do is think about this post and I will be happy!!!! And laughing!!!!

(And craving glow-in-the-dark multi-hued beverages!)

Don't forget to invite the Glam Gets Wicked gals to your party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0knX3dVqc

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 04-12-2020

That drink with the boat is the cutest thing you've posted! I love it! (Don't tell Sunsette... she'll be insisting on having them) And the photo made me LOL -- love the two at the end.
I would totally come to your partay if there wasn't an ocean in the way LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 04-12-2020

Thank you, everyone!

To clarify - I didn't make those drinks, I just googled them and found them on those kinds of inspirational websites that don't really state who is the artist behind the pic. I wanted to 'serve' some fancy drinks, so I found some online. I couldn't do such a thing to save my life. Plus, I don't really drink alcohol, because I don't have a merry phase of inebriation, I get sick straight away, so I can only drink very small amounts. But I love the orange peel nautical / tropical decorations, so maybe I'll try making some someday.
Sorry to disappoint!

(04-11-2020, 11:33 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Well, that looks like a fantastically inviting party - I love your drink props! And the angles and poses - Twyla coming out from under the table and Caterine spotting her. Fantastic!

Thank you very much! Posing Twyla was a bit of a challenge (mine can't really lift her head), but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

(04-11-2020, 11:43 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Part-tay time!!

Love the blue drink with the orange peel ship.

I’m gonna have to find a Red Thing to drink, and dialling up “Timewarp” on the jukebox.

(The Red Thing drink is what we refer to as any vaguely fancy drink - doesn’t have to have alcohol or be red.  It comes from an overheard conversation on our honeymoon.  A group was ordering a round of drinks, and one of the ladies said she’d have the same as last night.  When asked what it was called, she couldn’t remember but it was a red one smile )

That's a funny story! Red Thing drink sounds like an epitome of fancy LOL

(04-12-2020, 02:16 AM)davidd Wrote: AWESOMENESSS BEYOND AWESOMENESSSS!!!!!

Did you make the neon jellyfish colored drinks? With ORANGE PEEL SAILING SHIPS!!!! In tiki head tumblers!

Ultimate TIKI PARTY at Neon's house!

This is SO FUN!!!! Today will be a good... a GREAT day because all I need to do is think about this post and I will be happy!!!! And laughing!!!!

(And craving glow-in-the-dark multi-hued beverages!)

Don't forget to invite the Glam Gets Wicked gals to your party:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0knX3dVqc

Well, sorry about the drinks, but I'm glad that you like our party!

(04-12-2020, 11:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That drink with the boat is the cutest thing you've posted!  I love it!  (Don't tell Sunsette... she'll be insisting on having them)  And the photo made me LOL -- love the two at the end.
I would totally come to your partay if there wasn't an ocean in the way LOL

Haha, it would probably be more of a tub for Sunsette...
Thank you!
It's an online dolly party, so you can join regardless of the big puddle in the way!

Day 103

On January 17, I promised I'd take a photo of Rosamunda and Callidora together, so here they are! Of course, you can't just post a pic of Oddwickshire's no.2 and 3 like that and keep your head, so no.1 is there, too. Also, Lejays asked about Callidora's original wig at some point and I completely missed that, sorry! Yes, her stock wig is blonde, it has a rather yellowish tone.

[Image: 8e7a3740f4218b8f8c16c82a44427571.jpg]

And I couldn't resist using my vintage-horror filters.

[Image: 68e0197c396a6738d1a055f0aac1a875.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 04-12-2020

ever since the honeymoon, we've referred to our fancy drinks - especially when eating out - as Red Things.

I thought that Calliadora was originally a blonde, but she looks so much better as a red-head.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 04-12-2020

The horror filter helps to add this strange sense of foreboding - who are these fabulous ladies and what do they want type of feeling.

You really are great at managing to pose your lot well.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-13-2020

Intimidatingly elegant!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 04-13-2020

Ooo, very pretty. Love the rich reds in the original, and how everything is just red and black.
(04-12-2020, 07:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ...Of course, you can't just post a pic of Oddwickshire's no.2 and 3 like that and keep your head, so no.1 is there, too.
Hehe, this makes me imagine she might insist on being included in anyone's photo if she happened to be passing and saw one being taken. You know... official approval... or something.
Well, you can always put the orange-peel boat in something non-alcoholic LOL (I thought when I saw them that they looked fantastic but that I unfortunately probably wouldn't like them cos I don't drink either!)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 04-13-2020

Three beautiful redheads.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 04-14-2020

Thank you guys!!!

Day 104

We have another Oddliday to celebrate today! Today happens to be the Madness Day in Oddwickshire. (Do not mistake it for Positive Madness Day, which I made up on Make Up Your Own Holiday Day to lift the mood of people who don’t get to live in Oddwickshire)

Madness is the norm in Oddwickshire, but if everyone was absolutely crazy all the time, the queendom couldn’t function properly, so Oddies usually tone down the madness just a little bit for others’ sake. On Madness Day, however, they can let the madness loose and do whatever crazy stuff they want.

On this day, you see most people wearing the craziest, gaudiest outfits, mismatched socks - those are especially popular, and all kinds of absurd hats.

Street booths and sweets shops sell the special Madness Day treat - the mad!eleines. Mad!eleines come in all kinds of bright or pastel colors, and all kinds of flavors, but plain, vanilla, lemon and lavender are the most common ones. They’re traditionally sold in special paper bags with funny prints on them. Aside from the usual mad!eleines, there will be a black one in the package, and that one will give you some sort of side effect, like turning your hair to a nice shade of acid green or make you walk backwards or talk in incomprehensible gibberish for a short period of time.
There will also be a little surprise, like the magic polarization lenses (they are used to see through the fog in Oddwickshire, I mentioned them last year when we were visiting Quirkmore), but unlike the usual ones, these have crazy colors. There are also small trinkets with glowing crystals from the Underground and magic color-changing glass marbles (they’ll change their color continually, but you can say what color you want them to be and they’ll stay that way, so kids can play with them and tell each other’s marbles apart).
Bags with marbles are different from the other two types, so if you want to get a set of marbles, it’s easy to do. If you collect ten bags of marbles-mad!eleines and show them at any place that sells mad!eleines, you get the shooter marble to complete the set for free. Shooters have special effects, like glowing, magical holographic fish swimming in them, spinning galaxies, stuff like that.
If you’re really hardcore, you can order BlackBag, where all the mad!eleines are the black ones, and the surprise is also black-colored and usually a little spooky - most common ones are black lenses that make everyone look like a ghost, but I once saw a spider pendant that actually crawled around the lucky winner’s neck and spun filigree cobwebs.
Most cafés and restaurants will add dyes to their drinks on this day, so if you want a neon orange latté to go with your mad!eleines, go for it.

Many crazy contests are held all over the country, like walk-on-your-hands races, eye-soup eating contests, Oddwick has its own special Spot the Secret Agent Game - agent Morgenstern will dress up in something silly and then crank the stealth mode up to eleven and walk around the town, and if you can spot him, you get a coupon for a treat in a café of your choice, or an extra big bag of mad!eleines. Some people train the whole year for this! But the winners are still few and far between, and most of them don’t use their coupons, instead, they ask Elazar to sign it and keep it as a family treasure and a memento of their extraordinary achievement.

Here’s a photo of Elazar in his costume:

[Image: dffb09d9ce620c3781e6a53256046662.jpg]

And here’s Elazar slowly turning on the stealth:

[Image: aca051214c6ec00f639d0ec32fce342d.jpg]

And finally, there’s the all time favorite - the booby-trapped Maze Hopscotch Tournament!
Maze hopscotch started as an innocent (well, as innocent as it gets around here, which might be debatable) children’s game. The classic hopscotch was too primitive, so the layout gradually grew into more and more intricate mazes. Then it was too boring to just have to skip over the stone and not touch the line, so small traps were added. The maze hopscotch gained so much popularity, that big mazes designed specifically for this variant of hopscotch, but in epic scale, were built in both Oddwick and Quirkmore!

Oddwick maze is in the Underground and it looks like classic haunted catacombs with Indiana-Jones-esque booby traps, and ghosts and ghouls and other monsters add more difficulty in later rounds. Quirkmore’s maze is a tangle of tunnels made of Quirkmore’s signature wrought iron and glass, and rather than physical booby traps, it uses magical and psychological (and sometimes hallucinogenic) trickery. There are magic mirrors that confuse you, apparent dead ends that aren’t actually dead, and bubbles filled with who-knows-what that will give you the funniest (or maybe the spookiest) hallucinations if you accidently burst them.

Iaso and other healers attend the tournaments, and both towns cover the cost of Schwarzgrabs’ services for the contestants, so it’s all pretty safe, only about two dozen people die each year (and then they’re big stars later, telling everyone how they died and got reanimated again). Both mazes also hold games for kids with all booby traps deactivated, and offer tours, so if you don’t feel like playing but want to see the mazes, you can. But there are amazing prizes to be won, so a lot of people try their luck each year, to win one of Rebecca’s mind-blowing inventions, a made to measure spell by Rosamunda or a small personal airship (including flying lessons with Beatrix).
Fun fact - the top score for both mazes belongs to none other than Her Insane Majesty herself.

The crowning event of the Madness Day offers a sight you won’t get to see on any other day. Queen Isadora walks from the Castle to the Triangle Square, greeting her subjects, then she boards a special airship (it looks like a hybrid between airship and a classic Montgolfier balloon with an awful (and heavy) lot of decorations and is piloted by Beatrix, of course) and flies to Quirkmore to greet people there, all while...

...you might want to sit down...

...wearing a pastel-colored gown!!!

Iaso and other healers attend the Pastel Gown Tour, and both towns cover the cost of Schwarzgrabs’ services for the onlookers, so it’s all pretty safe, only about two dozen people die from shock each year (most people got used to it by now. It was almost two hundred when Her Majesty started this tradition in the first year of her reign. The day is still fondly remembered by all of them).

Once the dusk falls, huge parties are held on all bigger squares in both towns, with holographic projections into the fog, glowing drinks (there are zero alcohol versions for kids or anyone else who doesn’t want to drink) and funeral and creepy circus music, and in the end, the Pastel Gown is offered for sale in an auction (the money is then donated to wherever it’s needed) and Her Insane Majesty launches the contest for the next year’s Pastel Gown (it’s a very prestigious contest, and couture salons invest a ton of time, effort and the best materials into their entries, because when a salon places well in the contest, they get flooded with orders for a long time to come).

Whew. I'm kinda tired from all the mad merriment. I hope you had fun!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 04-14-2020

Such a fun day! Loving the costume

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 04-14-2020

Much more to say about this in a bit! I'm overwhelmed at the moment!

The pastel gown there at the end was too much to take in! Mind officially blown!