The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 05-20-2020

Non-special? This is remarkably, spectacularly creepy! Those talon-antlers are gloriously grotesque! I love it! Like, probably the best of the year so far!

Clever to include a Death's Head moth with Luna, there!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Aichan - 05-20-2020

Your drawing is very interesting! 

I see a combination of popular conspiracy theory symbols and H.P Lovecraft / spiritism themes.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 05-20-2020

Interesting doodle... it looks like it needs a record-album cover and a band to go with it... any of your crew volunteering? LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 05-20-2020

I think Neon’s crew are rockers at heart.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 05-20-2020

Luna had such a pretty outfit. And an excellent doodle too, I like the key & the rose on the end of the tentacles.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 05-20-2020

(05-20-2020, 05:46 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh that is a fantastic looking doodle. And great choice of doll to models with it

Thank you! I didn't made the poster with her in mind, but they really go great together.

(05-20-2020, 08:54 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooh, I LOVE that doodle! So cool!

Thank you very much!

(05-20-2020, 11:18 AM)davidd Wrote: Non-special? This is remarkably, spectacularly creepy! Those talon-antlers are gloriously grotesque! I love it! Like, probably the best of the year so far!

Clever to include a Death's Head moth with Luna, there!

Non-special, as in not celebrating all that 20 stuff. It started as #17.

Thank you!!!

(05-20-2020, 12:19 PM)Aichan Wrote: Your drawing is very interesting! 

I see a combination of popular conspiracy theory symbols and H.P Lovecraft / spiritism themes.

Thank you! While I'm not too interested in conspiracy theories or Lovecraftian lore, I do like the visual aesthetic of it all. I've always been drawn to dark, obscure and macabre things.

(05-20-2020, 04:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting doodle... it looks like it needs a record-album cover and a band to go with it... any of your crew volunteering?  LOL

(05-20-2020, 04:14 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think Neon’s crew are rockers at heart.

...Yes. LOL

(05-20-2020, 06:57 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Luna had such a pretty outfit.  And an excellent doodle too, I like the key & the rose on the end of the tentacles.

Thank you! While I'm not too fond of the black-red-yellow combo, I love the concept of Luna's dress to bits. So clever!

Day 141

I love Holly. I mean, she's a ginger in purple, she doesn't even have to try. There are EAH dolls I like better, because I like both the doll and the character, Holly doesn't have much character, she's kind and cheerful in somewhat generic way and has nothing special going on, but boy, is she a beauty!

[Image: e99cbafef6ba3543e638daf974aec519.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 05-21-2020

Gloriously golden shoes!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 05-21-2020

Agreed, such a beauty

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 05-21-2020

Poppy does have a bit more personality than Holly. But Holly is still a gorgeous doll. Her hair is such a nice shade of red.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 05-21-2020

Thank you guys!

I'm having problems with pinterest on both the PC  and the mobil version, so I'm currently unable to upload today's photo, but I did take it.

Danny Choo is going to discontinue Smart Doll Felicity. He's getting rid of old models to make room for the new ones, which, frankly, I don't like nearly as much as the old ones. He's also discontinuing the Milk color and replacing it with one he calls Cinnamon (which is pretty on photos, but from what I've heard here and also elsewhere, it's not so pretty in person). I was surprised to see Felicity in the 'Discontinued' section, because last week she was among bestsellers. I want one more Milk Smart Doll who's also an older model, but really I can't afford a Smart Doll right now, so I'm afraid I'm going to miss out. It's not like I don't have giant wishlist full of other dolls, so I guess missing out won't be that big a catastrophe.

Anyway, I'm super-duper-mega-ultra-uber-turbo-extra glad I got Felicity when I did. Picture will hopefully follow soon.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 05-21-2020

I didn't know he was discontinuing models, but I am glad you got hold of the one you wanted.

Can't wait to see the picture!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 05-22-2020

(05-21-2020, 07:22 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Thank you guys!

I'm having problems with pinterest on both the PC  and the mobil version, so I'm currently unable to upload today's photo, but I did take it.

Danny Choo is going to discontinue Smart Doll Felicity. He's getting rid of old models to make room for the new ones, which, frankly, I don't like nearly as much as the old ones. 

Anyway, I'm super-duper-mega-ultra-uber-turbo-extra glad I got Felicity when I did. Picture will hopefully follow soon.

I was surprised to learn just yesterday that Kanata in milk color has been discontinued. There are a few of the "smiling variant" remaining in stock, but original Kanata is gone. That means all four of my Smart Dolls are now discontinued models.

(Four Smart Dolls? How did I end up with four Smart Dolls? I don't have that kind of dough! slash )

Praise for the new styles on Instagram has been effusive, and the Smart Doll store is apparently overwhelmed with orders. Whatever; if I were discovering Smart Dolls right now, I would be underwhelmed... and I would have saved a lot of money.

You host your photos on pinterest? That's... interesting. I guess, if it usually works, well, then it works. But... 23hq.com is another affordable and stable option. Flickr is... well, it's still there.

I hope you get your photo hosting glitch sorted soon! And that you find an unex-pected stash of cash somewhere to help you with your Smart Doll dilemma. (Only once in my life have I stumbled upon a stash of cash that I'd put away and forgotten about. It was certainly not enough for a Smart Doll, but it was enough to smooth things over during a challenging stretch.)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 05-22-2020

I noticed the other night that your photo links showed as broken when I was on Chrome, but they worked on Firefox. I thought it was my outdated system again.

Holly's lovely. Yet another of those wish-I-had-her-hair dolls LOL

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 05-22-2020

(05-21-2020, 10:37 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I didn't know he was discontinuing models, but I am glad you got hold of the one you wanted.

Can't wait to see the picture!

He's making new ones all the time, and manufacturing capacities are limited, so the old ones have to go to make room for the new ones. Thank you!

(05-22-2020, 01:07 AM)davidd Wrote: I was surprised to learn just yesterday that Kanata in milk color has been discontinued. There are a few of the "smiling variant" remaining in stock, but original Kanata is gone. That means all four of my Smart Dolls are now discontinued models.

(Four Smart Dolls? How did I end up with four Smart Dolls? I don't have that kind of dough! slash )

Praise for the new styles on Instagram has been effusive, and the Smart Doll store is apparently overwhelmed with orders. Whatever; if I were discovering Smart Dolls right now, I would be underwhelmed... and I would have saved a lot of money.

You host your photos on pinterest? That's... interesting. I guess, if it usually works, well, then it works. But... 23hq.com is another affordable and stable option. Flickr is... well, it's still there.

I hope you get your photo hosting glitch sorted soon! And that you find an unex-pected stash of cash somewhere to help you with your Smart Doll dilemma. (Only once in my life have I stumbled upon a stash of cash that I'd put away and forgotten about. It was certainly not enough for a Smart Doll, but it was enough to smooth things over during a challenging stretch.)

Of the new ones, I do like Moment in Tea, but that's about it. I'll still be stalking the website and the instagram, because there might be new ones I like in the future, but for now, I'll try to get the ones on my wishlist, but I'm not up to playing tag with Danny, if they're discontinued before I can get them comfortably without stress, then that's it.

I'm one big neon lazyfish, so I like the comfort of being able to upload photos from my phone easily. When it works, it really is comfortable, and I like using pinterest for all kinds of stuff, so I'm used to working with it. But I did bookmark 23hq, it might be good to have an alternative, plus it seems it also allows to upload from phone, albeit not so easily. Thank you for the link!

(05-22-2020, 04:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I noticed the other night that your photo links showed as broken when I was on Chrome, but they worked on Firefox.  I thought it was my outdated system again.

Holly's lovely.  Yet another of those wish-I-had-her-hair dolls LOL

No, this time it was pinterest, it didn't even work on my phone (android, so it might have been between pinterest and google). 

Oh, I'd love to have hair like Holly. My favorite human hair colors are red and black (or really dark brown), my mom has very dark brown hair (almost black, but warm), my dad is a redhead. So of course I had to inherit my grandma's ash (brown-ish in winter and blonde-ish in summer, so I call it ash weasel), sob sob.

Day 142

Here's yesterday's photo(story). I'll post today's photo later.

[Image: ff8ea0b3db3b25d5637a76ba3e2b5302.jpg]

[Image: b94d184407392c4f80908cd371201b47.jpg]

Meanwhile, Danny announced that Felicity will return in the Cinnamon color and discontinued the other Milk doll I wanted (Starlight, who will probably also re-appear as a Cinnamon doll), solving my problem and saving me money.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 05-22-2020

Aw, see that is a very wonderful statement for her to make!

The party never stops, so play that music louder.