The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 07-14-2020

The ghosties are LOVELY. Love the ruffles of that one, and they look so happy with it! Kiyomi looks so interested in it too

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 07-14-2020

I love it!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 07-15-2020

This doodle looks like a comic I would ex-pect to see in a newspaper. Cute and fun!
I like your model’s colour combination.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 07-15-2020

A new spin on the term "ghost costume!"

Girl ghost looks so pleased with herself!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 07-15-2020

The doodle is like a little comic strip.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 02:08 PM)davidd Wrote: Girl ghost looks so pleased with herself!
These were my first thoughts! I love her cute pleased ex.pression smile

I'm sad to hear you are battling migraine again - I hope it fades away soon, and until that, rest assured that we are totally delighted also by your simpler doodles like this one Heart My husband's motto is "simple is beautiful", and while in general I tend to disagree (but I'm an overcomplicater by nature, I guess this is a cat and dog language-type of matter between us), it is indeed true in the right place and time.

Kiyomi looks a little puzzled by how one can even question ghost ghoul fashion. She spooks in style too! smile She is a beautiful doll, I love her  pastel blue skin tone, but I am not entirely happy with her original looks (I am not happy with her original hair colour, and I always wonder if she really needed facepaint, being a faceless ghost). I got mine second-hand off the MH Arena from a fellow collector, rehaired with pastel purple yarn hair, and with the factory lip paint removed. I didn't necessarily intend to keep her as is (not because I didn't like her, I just didn't yet have specific plans), but upon arrival I fell in love with her, and in EAH Signature Duchess' pale purplish dress her aesthetics are now perfect for my eyes. I should really photograph her sometime, I don't think I ever took a photo of her, which is really a shame, she needs to be shared.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 07-16-2020

Thank you very much, everyone!

The basic idea behind this cartoon (I believe that's what you call them when there's only one picture) is that if I was a ghost, I definitely wouldn't want to wear just a simple sheet or burial shroud all the time, I'd want to ginger it up.

Day 197

My Moxie Teenz Tristen. I don't play with her much - her wig just keeps falling off, but I think she's beautiful. 

[Image: 82f33e2e52fef41b3a322f74e256bf52.jpg]

My phone is going crazy with contrast again.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 07-16-2020

Her eyes really stand out there, they're very beautiful.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 07-16-2020

Ooooo.... i’ve cruised around eBay stalking her now and then, but prices for complete ones are crazy. She really is pretty.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 07-16-2020

Oooooh, Tristen with her enchanting eyes! She's the cause of my dolly downfall Tongue She looks wonderful in the purple dress (this is the one from your childhood, right?). I agree about their frustrating  wig fit though. Luckily LIV wigs also fit them (if the peg is cut out) - funnily enough, even better than the original wigs. Probably that's the reason why my Moxie Teenz mostly lounge around in LIV wigs instead of those of their own.

Their prices are insane right now! When I got to know them they were no longer on the shelves (and they never ever hit local shelves anyway Irritated ), but were still available for a fairly reasonable price second-hand (except for Bijou, she was already ekspensive back then. I tried for years, but I kinda gave up on actively trying to look for her. It's a shame though, her original stock is awesome). I'm happy I managed to get the rest of the girls still before their prices inflated.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Aichan - 07-16-2020

I agree eith everyone, those eyes are very captivating! I am not to familiar with the Moxie line but she is pretty.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 07-17-2020

(07-16-2020, 12:41 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Her eyes really stand out there, they're very beautiful.

Moxie Teenz have inset acrylic eyes of very nice quality, and it's one of the reasons I wanted this doll.

(07-16-2020, 02:52 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Ooooo.... i’ve cruised around eBay stalking her now and then, but prices for complete ones are crazy. She really is pretty.

Moxie Teenz are very pretty, but their insane second-hand prices helped me make peace with having just one. Also, they're 14" / 36cm tall (Tristen has high heels, so she's 37cm), so very little fits them when it comes to clothing and shoes. 90s Barbie stuff will be short, but some of it will fit otherwise - the dress she's wearing is one my mom made for my 90s Barbies.

(07-16-2020, 03:39 AM)Loona Wrote: Oooooh, Tristen with her enchanting eyes! She's the cause of my dolly downfall Tongue She looks wonderful in the purple dress (this is the one from your childhood, right?). I agree about their frustrating  wig fit though. Luckily LIV wigs also fit them (if the peg is cut out) - funnily enough, even better than the original wigs. Probably that's the reason why my Moxie Teenz mostly lounge around in LIV wigs instead of those of their own.

Their prices are insane right now! When I got to know them they were no longer on the shelves (and they never ever hit local shelves anyway Irritated ), but were still available for a fairly reasonable price second-hand (except for Bijou, she was already ekspensive back then. I tried for years, but I kinda gave up on actively trying to look for her. It's a shame though, her original stock is awesome). I'm happy I managed to get the rest of the girls still before their prices inflated.

Yup, that's the dress my mom made for my dolls almost 30 years ago (gosh, where did all those years go?), it's still so pretty, and it fits Moxie Teenz and Curvy Babs.

Czech stores got a few of these dolls, they lasted for about a week, and then they were gone and nothing new appeared. I was lucky to get Tristen when I did, I stumbled upon her during my MH hunt and immediately fell in love with her, and when I came back to get the tan / ambiguously brown one (I don't remember her name), they were gone. I also wanted the black girl, but I never saw her in stores, only the three lighter ones.

That's a thing here - if there are four core characters in the line and one of them is black, we only get the three non-black ones. It's more that people never buy them rather than store owners being racist, they just don't order dolls that won't sell. We used to only get black dolls when they were distributed in assorted cases with white dolls. Thankfully, it's been slowly changing as of late.

(07-16-2020, 04:55 AM)Aichan Wrote: I agree eith everyone, those eyes are very captivating! I am not to familiar with the Moxie line but she is pretty.

Moxie Teenz was a sister line to Moxie Girlz by MGAE, they were playline fashion dolls, Moxie Girls were about the same size as Bratz (also by MGAE), Teenz are 14". All those lines are dead now, and the second-hand market prices are way higher than what the dolls are worth. MGAE does that a lot - they spew a new line every time you blink, they get something wrong, and instead of fixing it, they cancel the line and release a new one.

Day 198

Wolf sisters!

[Image: 72ea54359defa827539d023047b973ff.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 07-17-2020

Ah, they both look so fantastic. I love how you've styled Clawdeen here, that is a look I would love to replicate.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 07-17-2020

They look fierce!  (Although one looks a little more serious about it than the other...)

(07-16-2020, 03:39 AM)Loona Wrote: Their prices are insane right now!...I'm happy I managed to get the rest of the girls still before their prices inflated.
Also, why the heck are all the second-hand ones on eBay BALD??  Where have all their wigs gone???  And if they're a weird size why are so many of them nude?  Who else can wear their clothes?  It's bizarre.  I was looking at a few listings again; a couple have "very faint marks on their faces that I think would come off with some soap"... um, well, why don't you try that before you list them???  Those kinds of sales listings always make me roll my eyes.  I saw another I was tempted by till in the closeup I saw she also has marks on her face.  oh well sad
(Also, Loona -- you've added something to your signature ... OMG, way over there in Hungary you're a fan?  Heart 2 )

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 07-17-2020

Look like they’re ready to wolf out there.