The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 07-29-2020

Excellent plot of the Gothic Horror. It suits the doodle ver well. I’m imagining a 70’s or 80’s book cover from it.

And also an excellent sci-fi summary too.

MH really did have some interesting one (or very few) release dolls, and Iris is one of them.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 07-29-2020

Great doodle and cool story idea. It interested me that you have Grady Hendrix’s Paperbacks from Hell. He’s a favourite author of Lejays and I. We first encountered him when he was doing reviews of one of the worst, but unintentionally hilarious, TV shows of all time in Under the Dome for tor.com. We used to watch the show just so we could read his reviews. If you haven’t read his fiction I think you should, you’d like it. From the haunted IKEA in Horrorstor to the normal seeming vampire in The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 07-29-2020

Thank you guys!!! I'm glad you found it funny.

Day 211

It's another mig pic! Although, this one looks kinda decent. Must be because of the gorgeous model. Boo York, Boo York was my favorite Cleo release until the Origins 2pack came out and Origins Cleo became The Cleo.

[Image: 5c5de1cdb60eb7d1f2054ddb7f607548.jpg]

Her hair is really choppy and kinda thin, I'd like to reroot her, but I can't find this exact color anywhere, and another color isn't an option! I know Mattel uses several saran colors made exclusively for them, I'm afraid this deep blue is one of them.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 07-29-2020

Oh yeah, you are lucky to get this release - this Cleo was gorgeous!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Aichan - 07-30-2020

Wow that Blue hair is stunning! That has always been my favorite color.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 07-30-2020

Lovely regal profile!
Have you looked at dollyhair.com...?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 07-30-2020

Ravishing! There's a word to describe this gorgeous creature!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 07-30-2020

It is amazing hair.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 07-30-2020

Lovely colour indeed! I don't think I've realised she has this much blue in her hair. It suits her perfectly - and that headpiece is also wonderful.

I remember how excited I was for this set to come out - the first (non-promotional) picture that started circulating around after their reveal made the couple seem desaturated - and I could have died for a monochrome Cleo! She would have been my very first Cleo, even (I like many of her dolls incarnations, but not enough to actually want to own her - mainly because of that omnipresent abundance of gold in her outfits. I am not friends with gold). Only when the actual promotional photos became available did I realise that the user photo that I've initially seen was only badly lit, and they both have their normal skin tones.

I did eventually get a Cleo later: a basic Cleo from the reboot era, on one of the less articulated bodies. I don't even remember how she ended up here, but I know I fell in love with her bigger-than-usual eyes and childlike features. I rebodied her on a Howleen body, creating Little Cleo who is *the* cleo in da house here. She is nothing like the regular Cleo character, she looks&feels rather like an innocent, playful girl, so I like to think of her as a younger version of Cleo from before Nefera's influence shaped her personality to be as she is when we got to know her in the series.

Coming to think of it, my Cleo also has blue in her hair, and I like that. They should have used this colour more for her (though it does clash with her previous signature teal, so I kinda get why it wasn't yet introduced back when she had more of the culturally distinctive gold&teal combo).

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 07-30-2020

Are you able to get another one of this version to get more of the right blue hair to redo/ add more?

I’m not really sure of the process & whether it would be possible.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 07-31-2020

(07-29-2020, 11:29 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh yeah, you are lucky to get this release - this Cleo was gorgeous!

This 2pack wasn't hard to find here right after release, but it was notorious for having awful wonk more often than not (globally). I was lucky, because while my Deuce has terrible wonk (which doesn't matter, because he's always wearing his sunglasses), this Cleo has absolutely perfect face.

(07-30-2020, 12:58 AM)Aichan Wrote: Wow that Blue hair is stunning! That has always been my favorite color.

It really is. I don't think photos do it justice, it is very deep, it looks almost black at a first glance, but it's incredibly rich and intensive and has a beautiful sheen to it.

(07-30-2020, 01:39 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Lovely regal profile!
Have you looked at dollyhair.com...?

Yeah, I did. No luck. They have some nice dark blue hair, but not this exact shade, and I really insist on this exact shade.

(07-30-2020, 02:28 PM)davidd Wrote: Ravishing! There's a word to describe this gorgeous creature!

That's a good word! Cleo likes it.

(07-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Elfy Wrote: It is amazing hair.

It really is.

(07-30-2020, 09:09 PM)Loona Wrote: Lovely colour indeed! I don't think I've realised she has this much blue in her hair. It suits her perfectly - and that headpiece is also wonderful.

I remember how excited I was for this set to come out - the first (non-promotional) picture that started circulating around after their reveal made the couple seem desaturated - and I could have died for a monochrome Cleo! She would have been my very first Cleo, even (I like many of her dolls incarnations, but not enough to actually want to own her - mainly because of that omnipresent abundance of gold in her outfits. I am not friends with gold). Only when the actual promotional photos became available did I realise that the user photo that I've initially seen was only badly lit, and they both have their normal skin tones.

I did eventually get a Cleo later: a basic Cleo from the reboot era, on one of the less articulated bodies. I don't even remember how she ended up here, but I know I fell in love with her bigger-than-usual eyes and childlike features. I rebodied her on a Howleen body, creating Little Cleo who is *the* cleo in da house here. She is nothing like the regular Cleo character, she looks&feels rather like an innocent, playful girl, so I like to think of her as a younger version of Cleo from before Nefera's influence shaped her personality to be as she is when we got to know her in the series.

Coming to think of it, my Cleo also has blue in her hair, and I like that. They should have used this colour more for her (though it does clash with her previous signature teal, so I kinda get why it wasn't yet introduced back when she had more of the culturally distinctive gold&teal combo).

Most of BYBY Cleo's hair is blue, with a few black streaks.

I feel you on the gold issue, I also don't like it (I'm a mutant vampire, I love silver), but I love Cleo too much to let that stop me. BYBY has copper intead of gold, and that is part of the reason why she was my favorite before the Origins release. But I can imagine that being a deal breaker, I have it that way with other things.

Haha, my only reboot Cleo (the only reboot doll I like, I have two, but I fell out of love with the other one) is also innocent and playful girl, her face didn't look even remotely Cleo to me, so I named her Asanet and made her Cleo's sweet younger cousin. I fell in love with the mean OG Cleo when it became clear that she's actually kind in her own way and cares deeply about her friends, and only puts up airs to maintain her 'Eyptian princess' image. Like in that webisode where she gets that super rare issue of Ghoulia's favorite comics for her, but ask others to keep it a secret, so that it doesn't ruin her reputation.

I like blue on Cleo, because Nefera is also gold and teal, and Egyptians did use quite a lot of blue, so it's still accurate, and it helps separate Cleo's image from Nefera's.

(07-30-2020, 10:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Are you able to get another one of this version to get more of the right blue hair to redo/ add more?

I’m not really sure of the process & whether it would be possible.

No, getting another one would be ex$$$pensive, and it wouldn't help, the hair would end up being too short and still very choppy.

Day 212

Queen chat. EAH has crowds of princesses and princes, a lot of characters from princess-less stories, but not that many queens. I mean, most princesses go on to become queens, but when their respective stories are happening, they're princesses. When Lizzie's and Raven's stories take place, they have to already be done with princessing and be full-fledged queens. There's also Mira, but she's someone else in my collection, so I didn't include her. I'm not done with my new EAH canon yet, so for now, everyone except for Mira is who they are in the webisodes.

[Image: 5ee9fd173a46236c06e096dd36751e0f.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 07-31-2020

This is very adorable seeming.

Also that's a good point... these girls need to jump straight to being Queens, before they're really ready for it. Not so great.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 01:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yeah, I did. No luck. They have some nice dark blue hair, but not this exact shade, and I really insist on this exact shade.

I understand. I insist on the same colour and style for Dawn, and have not been able to find it. sad
Your EAH girls are a colourful pair. Looking forward to hearing the stories you come up with for them.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 07-31-2020

Lovely portrait! Rich saturated colors against that marvelous velvety blackness you have a knack for achieving.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 07-31-2020

The pairing is great. They look very friendly.