The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-15-2020

This is quite an excellent likeness in figure form of classic anime style!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-15-2020

Awww she's too cute!!!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-15-2020

Both girls are very cute.
Bummer about the traffic. I am one house removed from the highway, so although it's often a constant stream all day, it's far enough away to be 'background' (and slightly diminish the idiots' stereo next door). Sleeping with earplugs shouldn't be necessary in one's own house, but.... (shrug)

(08-13-2020, 03:56 PM)davidd Wrote: Ah, Hawaii days in da country! Many houses in the neighborhood had "chickens" (meaning roosters) in the yard. Raising them was quite a popular and lucrative pastime. For "sporting purposes," you know.
Ugh. Yeah... one right behind one of the Airbnbs where I was on the last visit did his thing at 1 a.m. Earplugs...
A recent attempt to pass a bylaw here that will include livestock & not just dogs is stirring what looks like turning into the Great Island Chicken Rebellion. Eyeroll...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-15-2020

(08-15-2020, 01:42 AM)davidd Wrote: This is quite an excellent likeness in figure form of classic anime style!

Right? I love anime dolls! I love anime, so I guess it makes sense... And Azones especially are so cheerful! I just can't get enough of them! This is getting dangerous...

(08-15-2020, 01:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Awww she's too cute!!!

She is! She stole my heart the moment I saw first pics. I'm so glad I got her, she's the type of doll that always makes you smile.

(08-15-2020, 02:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Both girls are very cute.
Bummer about the traffic.  I am one house removed from the highway, so although it's often a constant stream all day, it's far enough away to be 'background' (and slightly diminish the idiots' stereo next door).  Sleeping with earplugs shouldn't be necessary in one's own house, but.... (shrug)

Thank you!

I'm fully aware of how ridiculous this sounds, but I can't sleep with earplugs. I can do earplugs when upright, but when I lay down with them, they - you probably guessed it - trigger my migraines. Similarly, I can only use headphones with shells, not the type you put in your ear, those trigger my migraines regardless of my position. Sigh.

Day 228

And here's the only reason I keep character and doll counts separate - my Holly army.

[Image: 868029c5233c4aef04c1a5c5573a1ca3.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 9
Dolls so far: 11

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-15-2020

Okay this is likely just my screen, but it seems like the Holly Army all have very very slight variations in their hair shades?

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-15-2020

The Holly Army look great together - I thunk I have the same squad! Favourite is Dragon Games, practical outfit but on the colour scheme of her sig outfit.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-16-2020

Deck the halls with hordes of Hollies!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lilcurly - 08-16-2020

I love her colour scheme, I can see why you have several of her.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-16-2020

They are all very pretty. Maybe it's just the lighting making her face appear a bit different, but my fave is the one front left.
Double bummer about the earplugs. It would be frustrating to have that trigger migraines. I get the silicone ones that seal right in rather than the useless foam ones, and they have to be set just right or they create annoying pressure, but I never travel without them.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-16-2020

Only the 3 Hollies. She’s always pretty and stylish.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-16-2020

(08-15-2020, 09:28 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Okay this is likely just my screen, but it seems like the Holly Army all have very very slight variations in their hair shades?

No, they have the same hair color, but I was only using one light for the dramatic effect, so DG and SU appear to have somewhat darker hair.

(08-15-2020, 09:34 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The Holly Army look great together - I thunk I have the same squad!  Favourite is Dragon Games, practical outfit but on the colour scheme of her sig outfit.

These three really are the best! Sugar Coated is OK, but not as great as the siggy, SU and DG. And the awful post-reboot budget unarticulated atrocities with molded-on clothes don't even count! (Can you tell I'm really upset about the 'reboot that wasn't except it totally was'?)

(08-16-2020, 12:09 AM)davidd Wrote: Deck the halls with hordes of Hollies!

Sadly, there aren't many Holly releases good for hall-decking (see my rant in response to Lejays), but I know people who have multiples of these fab three, and while I don't do that with my collection, I can totally get why they do it! (And I hate that song! Earworms, ew!)

(08-16-2020, 06:34 AM)Lilcurly Wrote: I love her colour scheme, I can see why you have several of her.

She's such a beauty! Redhead with extra long hair, clad in pinks and purples - there's no way I could resist.

(08-16-2020, 11:48 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They are all very pretty.  Maybe it's just the lighting making her face appear a bit different, but my fave is the one front left.
Double bummer about the earplugs.  It would be frustrating to have that trigger migraines.  I get the silicone ones that seal right in rather than the useless foam ones, and they have to be set just right or they create annoying pressure, but I never travel without them.

Thank you! There is a slight difference in their faces - the screening itself is always the same, but make-up colors differ for each release.

(08-16-2020, 05:52 PM)Elfy Wrote: Only the 3 Hollies. She’s always pretty and stylish.

I never cared for the character, as there wasn't much of a character to care for in the first place, but I love Holly's dolls, and I'd have many more if it wasn't for the reboot and the line's undignified death.

Day I have a headache and numbers above the total sum of my fingers don't make any sense at the moment... Lemme see... Yesterday plus one is... 229, right? Right?

Blaaargh!

(EDIT: technically, yesterday plus one should equal 'today', as yesterday is more of an 'x', a variable rather than a solid number, but thinking about it makes me feel dizzy, so I'm not gonna anymore)

[Image: 67a9722cde2d84804c2270f426ba3d11.jpg]

I also like Poppy's Fairest on Ice and Dragon Games releases, but they never got to Czech Republic, and second-hand prices are highly nope-inducing.

Redheadcount: (come on, neon, you got this! just add one to both numbers)

Characters so far: 10
Dolls so far: 12

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-16-2020

I really love Poppy's short hair! I know it's a bit silly since hair play is meant to be a draw of a fashion doll, but I do like when you get a cool short style like Poppy's.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-17-2020

The mathematics rambling has me laughing so hard I don't know what to say about the photo!

Other than, those armored hand gauntlets are super cool!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-17-2020

(08-16-2020, 11:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: (EDIT: technically, yesterday plus one should equal 'today', as yesterday is more of an 'x', a variable rather than a solid number, but thinking about it makes me feel dizzy, so I'm not gonna anymore)

Sounds like it's Blursday again...
Technically, I believe tomorrow is the 'x' variable as it is yet unknown. So today would be 'x-1', which therefore makes yesterday a 'y'... (as in, 'Y didn't I get more done yesterday?' or 'Y did I do that dumb thing?'). Today would also, then, be 'y+1' as the consequences of whatever you did or didn't do yesterday. Today being today going both ways, unless you are time-travelling to an alternate universe in between those days, x-1 = y + 1.
x - 1 + 1 = y + 1 + 1
x = y + 2
Tomorrow = yesterday + 2
See?
xp

Nice closeup portrait!
Also, 'nope-inducing' is another great term.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - davidd - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 01:01 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 11:04 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: (EDIT: technically, yesterday plus one should equal 'today', as yesterday is more of an 'x', a variable rather than a solid number, but thinking about it makes me feel dizzy, so I'm not gonna anymore)

Sounds like it's Blursday again...
Technically, I believe tomorrow is the 'x' variable as it is yet unknown.  So today would be 'x-1', which therefore makes yesterday a 'y'... (as in, 'Y didn't I get more done yesterday?' or 'Y did I do that dumb thing?').  Today would also, then, be 'y+1' as the consequences of whatever you did or didn't do yesterday.  Today being today going both ways, unless you are time-travelling to an alternate universe in between those days,  x-1 = y + 1.
x - 1 + 1 = y + 1 + 1
x = y + 2
Tomorrow = yesterday + 2
See?
xp

Nice closeup portrait!
Also, 'nope-inducing' is another great term.

LOL  Now I'm LOL'ing even more!

Do these formulæ factor in time zone differences? In my time zone, today (now, anyway) is actually tomorrow in both neon's and alliecat's time zones. It would seem there is a relativity factor.

(I didn't realize my time zone was offset by so much from Alliecat's. What look like late-nite posts to me are actually early morning posts for her. She does not exaggerate when she mentions her nocturnal tendencies!)