The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-20-2020

(08-19-2020, 11:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's inspired by decidedly non-vampire squid that is nonetheless called vampire - Vampyroteuthis infernalis
Hehe, I had seen that critter on TV and supposed that you might have also.
What a shame about the lavender… It’s kind of typical of this year that even your magical coven’s special plant took a hit. Do they grow well from cuttings?
Very striking combination of purple and red here.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-20-2020

Lavender can be tricky. We've never had luck with the non scented, but pretty kind that you can grow in pots (I suspect Audrey may have something to do with it. She's the biggest and prettiest plant in that part of the garden and she guards her title jealously. She tolerates the mandarin, although she recently grew when we said that we thought the mandarin was taller than her), however we have the smelly sort of lavender which we planted out on the front along the driveway and it goes great guns. When its in flower it gives out a lovely scent that you can get as soon as you step out of the car. The local bees also love it. There's never less than half a dozen of them at any time on it.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-20-2020

I missed all the fun maths talk from a few days ago.

And did you all talk into account that Elfy & I live way into the future as well when trying to mathematically work out what day it is? Except for the never ending Blursday smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-20-2020

Oh, the Vampire Squid is very good - and the Captain looks very proud to be displaying the picture of it.

So sorry to hear about the lavender all dying - but at least the Cult has an alternative meeting place for the rituals until you can get more.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 08-20-2020

(08-19-2020, 11:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 04:04 AM)Loona Wrote: Oh, the vampire squid looks cute! I guess it's not the best term for a species like this though, is it?

Thank you! I don't know, I consider everything with bat wings cute by default, so I'm probably not the right person to judge this...
We're in it together then, haha smile Vampyroteuthis infernalis! I knew your creature bears a resemblance to someone else! I find this one cute too, by the way, but I technically find any and every sea creature cute smile

I'm sad to hear about the lavenders sad I've had plans of planting lavenders into the planters on our balcony (they are there by default, but have always been empty, because our balcony is very sunny, and anything other than duckweed (Portulaca oleracea) dies in a matter of mere days...). I've always fantasized about lavender because I really love bees, and I know how they love it, but not until earlier this summer did I learn how draught-resistant they are. Now it would be too late already, I'm afraid, but I'd definitely like to plant some next spring.

Lovely shot of Operetta! Speaking of lavender, that's exactly what I'd like to rehair her with once I ever get there - she's totally cool and badass as a character, and a truly beautiful face sculpt, but, well, her hair is... definitely too red for me. The "no-no, not in my house"-level of red Tongue I have everything for the project: hair, flocking (I'd like to give her a partial undercut) and the exact candidate, a(n I think Roller Maze?) Operetta I got from a friend's daughter who "grew out of dolls", so it really is just a matter of finally getting down and doing it. Said one of the top procrastinators in the world Tongue

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-20-2020

Thank you very much, guys!

Sorry for not responding in detail, but I'm dead again, thanks to changing weather.

Day %@$*!!!

[Image: c78738cd8d23abe48446ee1a957aa635.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 13
Dolls so far: 15

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-21-2020

Oooh such a great profile, and how the hair just flowers down so well, almost hiding her. Fantastic.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 02:49 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oooh such a great profile, and how the hair just flowers down so well, almost hiding her. Fantastic.

Thank you very much!!!

Day 234

[Image: 3e88a89bbcfd00d9f93cd056f6284e4e.jpg]

This is DC Superhero Girls Poison Ivy by Mattel. The line was pretty short-lived and I don't know much about it, I didn't follow it closely, because I don't care about superhero stuff. I got two dolls from the first wave because I was interested in Mattel's new body.

Aesthetically, it's a very athletic body, which wasn't that common at that time in playline dolls lines, technically, it poses as well as MH dolls plus it's much more stable, the dolls can stand on their own on one foot if provided a solid, even surface. Yes, Ivy here is standing on one foot all on her own, no additional support! Starring as something solid is Czech translation of M.R. James's ghost stories. It's a really good translation.

I'm impressed with the technical qualities of the body, but the dolls themselves don't do much for me. I don't care for their fashions or their faces, their backstories... I think I might end up customizing them. Some time...

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 14
Dolls so far: 16

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-21-2020

I should have known you would have picked up Ivy with her gorgeous red hair. I keep forgetting how good these dolls were for posing and the more athletic bodies which were a cool thing to introduce. I think honestly this line didn't do so well because it was the same wave for ages. The redesigns were... interesting, in terms of looks.

If you were going to custom? Ivy would make a good member of the Lavender Cult.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-22-2020

We’ve got a few of the Superhero Girls line, but we got them to give the Pullips some costumes.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-22-2020

Ivy was my favourite of tg3 Supehero girls line, but like a Elfy said, we got them for costumes of the Pullips.

The bodies were great, not super-skinny like a lot of the other fashion dolls.

And Zombie girl is so pretty too smile

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-23-2020

(08-21-2020, 11:06 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I should have known you would have picked up Ivy with her gorgeous red hair. I keep forgetting how good these dolls were for posing and the more athletic bodies which were a cool thing to introduce. I think honestly this line didn't do so well because it was the same wave for ages. The redesigns were... interesting, in terms of looks.

If you were going to custom? Ivy would make a good member of the Lavender Cult.

Haha, no surprise there, right? Not caring about the charcters, I went for the redhead without painted-on gloves and the black girl. I think the other redhead was Batgirl? Yeah, re-releasing the same set of characters over and over / not releasing any new ones sounds like a very plausible reason for the line's demise.

Oooh, you're onto something here!!!

(08-22-2020, 01:50 PM)Elfy Wrote: We’ve got a few of the Superhero Girls line, but we got them to give the Pullips some costumes.

(08-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Ivy was my favourite of tg3 Supehero girls line, but like a Elfy said, we got them for costumes of the Pullips.

The bodies were great, not super-skinny like a lot of the other fashion dolls.

And Zombie girl is so pretty too smile

I always feel a bit bad for scavenging dolls' outfits for my favorites and not caring about the original dolls, but I always do it anyway (sorry, MH 13 Wishes and CAM packs).

The bodies were the only reason I got interested in this line.

Belle and Punzie are my favorite OUAZ dolls. I love them all, but for once, it's not so hard to name favorites.

Day 235

Oh my gourd, this girl. She actually has a very pretty skintone, golden-bronze and warm and full of life. But in the photos, she always, EFFIN' ALWAYS, looks utterly and thoroughly orange. Also, she only has the most basic articulation, but I love this sculpt and hair- and skin-color combo, so I got her. I gave up on getting her a Made to Move body because they're rather ex→pensive around here.

[Image: 66f5d2da40240faf621a6a05345a6622.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 15
Dolls so far: 17

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-23-2020

Lovely profile portrait. It’s cool that Ivy can stand on her own on one foot. And the Barbie has a lovely skin tone. It only looks a little orange on my tiny phone screen. I think Aliex-press had some made to move bodies; can’t recall the price… But nowadays, no telling whether you would get them given the mail situation.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-23-2020

Ooh, you do manage to make her look good!!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-23-2020

She does look great there, and her outfit is fun, too.