The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-23-2020

She does look very stylish, even if a bit orange. The whole thing just works together nicely.

I’ve bought quite a few dolls (generally on sale) because I wanted the outfits for others. I’m fortunate that I have a friend with appropriately aged daughter & grand-daughters that were delighted to get nekkid dollies to play with smile so I don’t have a lot hanging around any more.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-23-2020

Thanks guys!

Day 236

2010 Bratz Adri

[Image: a9caceb4d703651ef8c196b68fe8d8ae.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 16
Dolls so far: 18

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-24-2020

What a cute jacket. Oh, to have such thick hair!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-24-2020

Have to agree - the jacket is very cute and wow, gorgeous thick hair.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-24-2020

Thank you both!

Day 237

[Image: e1160d775ea4905ec4b382478aa943dd.jpg]

This is Bratzillaz 1st wave Meygana. She has goggles because she's an ace broom aviatrix. The doll, sadly, didn't come with a broom.

I personally prefer classic besoms. I find real twigs better for flying than plastic fibre. Especially in stormy weather. They also look better. But vacuum cleaners can be fun in their own way.

I don't play much with my Bratzillaz, because I don't like their bodies. The articulation is quite good, but the quality of material isn't exactly high and I find them wobbly, plus their rubber legs tend to bend in all the unpleasant directions with time, they can't support the weight of the doll even on stand. And the nylon used for hair is, as with all MGAE dolls, terrible.

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 17
Dolls so far: 19

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Loona - 08-24-2020

Adri's jacket is gorgeous! Actually, her whole outfit looks really good, I like how it's both basic and elegant, she looks like a classy but edgy office lady compared to many other Bratz who rather have... Friday night out partygirl outfits.

First line Bratzillaz hair is nightmare fuel. It's worse than the hair cheapo fakies are rooted with... For a longstanding company like MGA, I always wondered how they managed to do it this bad. Luckily they changed the hair for later lines, and Midnight Beach, for example, had great hair, but sadly this doesn't help those who have their favourites among the signature line...
My feelings towards Bratzillaz are rather ambiguous. I have some, and I love them - but none of them are as is, all are redressed, re-eyed (that sounds pretty weird Tongue ) and/or otherwise modified. I don't wonder much why the line as a whole didn't last longer: while it had creativity and potential (I especially loved Midnight Beach with the GitD bodies), the execution just wasn't really good and there were several missed opportunities too (like using GitD hair for Midnight Beach dolls). The signature line's crappy hair, the wobbly and weird body (Bratzillaz probably have one of the worst hands IMO), the weird face shape and the hit-or-miss eyes (I love the eyes of mine, but some others have weird and creepy eyes)... I could probably go on. Your Meygana is a good example, her eyes are gorgeous (and I love the side glance), I think her outfit is creative and cool, but there's the wobbly and at places weird body, and due to the wavy texture, she probably has the worst hair out of the signature dolls. Yours seems to be in good shape though, and her portrait is adorable. I love how you captured her shy side - I normally think of her as the opposite: confident and independent, but this picture has just realised that these can actually go together. She does still look confident and independent.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-24-2020

I never got why MGAE always used such bad quality hair - they had been at the doll making game long enough to know what would work better. Though Bratzillaz were clearly a rush thing to match Monster High... That being said, I do have one to be my Scaramouche because I wanted dolls to represent characters from my favourite musical.

Still, your Meygana looks really lovely, and ready to take off in some broomstick display piece. Hm... Wonder if it would be possible to make her a broom...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-25-2020

Both these redheads are gorgeous in their different ways. I’ve never really liked the aesthetic of Bratz & Brtzillas in general, but both these outfits are great.

I particularly love Adri’s jacket.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-25-2020

Thank you, ladies!

I have always had a problem with MGAE dolls, I tend to really like their designs, but not the low-quality execution.

Day 238

ADAW #33

I have a self-portrait for you today.

[Image: 595ea8ca290c614461e97af57f34569e.jpg]

This is what my head feels like right now.

[Image: 53f722a9b2504f51c987995c39927d81.jpg]

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-26-2020

That is a very fun take on a self portrait! I really love your art style. Rapunzel seems very not wth it as well today.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-26-2020

Meygana is pretty. I like the blue and red combination.
While I am sorry your head feels so bad, the fact that you are able to illustrate it so ex-pressively is fantastic. You could be doing book illustrations.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - dargosmydaddy - 08-26-2020

I'm in love with that illustration... but I do hope you feel better!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-26-2020

Excellent take on the self portrait.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-26-2020

Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 239

We're getting close to finishing the Redheadcount 2020, but there are still some dolls I want to include - honorary redheads. Two of them look blonde when compared to my other redheads and would probably fall into the strawberry blonde category, but they do have a hint of ginger in their manes and they do look somewhat redhead-ish compared to my other blondes, plus they both self-identify as redheads, so I'm going to include them in the redheadcount.
The third one is very much a redhead, but she's different from my other dolls - she's more of a prop, but still technically dolly enough to be called a doll and therefore included.

The first honorary redhead is my OUAZ Rapunzel, whose face is blurred and out of focus, due to my ongoing migraining.

[Image: 405cf2590531d61d3ff3133b29362ea7.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 18
Dolls so far: 20

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-26-2020

The self-portrait is fantastic. I read enough about migraines (not just yours), that this is a great visualisation of certain types.

Zombie Rapunzel is cute, I think she's my favourite of your Zombie crew. And I'm intrigued by a red-head not-quite-but-nearly-dolly that will make an appearance shortly.