The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.7 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Dolly Market Forum
Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Printable Version

+- Dolly Market Forum (https://forums.dollymarket.net)
+-- Forum: Doll and Art Galleries (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28277)
+--- Forum: Other Dolls/Figures (https://forums.dollymarket.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=28264)
+--- Thread: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) (/showthread.php?tid=7262684)

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-26-2020

Zombie Rapunzel seems very distracted by something off in the distance.

I know I've said this before, but your photos make me want to get some of the OUaZ dolls...

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-27-2020

(08-26-2020, 10:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The self-portrait is fantastic.  I read enough about migraines (not just yours), that this is a great visualisation of certain types.

Zombie Rapunzel is cute, I think she's my favourite of your Zombie crew.  And I'm intrigued by a red-head not-quite-but-nearly-dolly that will make an appearance shortly.

Thank you!

I'm afraid I made the not-quite-but-nearly-dolly sound more mysterious than she is. She made one appearance in 2018, and her pal from the same line appeared several times, mostly to faint at sight of a certain Count.

(08-26-2020, 11:39 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Zombie Rapunzel seems very distracted by something off in the distance.

I know I've said this before, but your photos make me want to get some of the OUaZ dolls...

The perpetually distracted look is one of charms of OUAZ dolls. It makes them look more zombie without spilling their intestines all over the place.
And as before, I can't say I can recommend them without any caveats, their quality isn't exactly top notch. Cheap nylon hair, rubbery bendy lower legs, less then stellar fabrics on their outfits (plus the fit is hit and miss), it is, like with MGAE dolls, a battle between great design and poor execution. I don't know what they sell for on second-hand market, but only get one if you find them for really, really cheap.

Day 240

Honorary redhead #2, OUAZ Little Mermaid.

[Image: f9e7b43eb2e2596512434f3543fc23ff.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 19
Dolls so far: 21

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-27-2020

I actually forgot they made a little mermaid...

I do like the colours they used.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-27-2020

The circular stitch pattern on her torso makes me giggle, as it does look like a shark-bite

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-28-2020

The way you've shot this it really does look like she's underwater and has spotted prey. She's fierce.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-28-2020

Strawberry blonde definitely counts!
Agree she looks fierce. I thought she looked less like the warm-&-cutesy versions of mermaids and more like maybe some mythological versions, where they might care for you if you fell overboard, or they might eat you.... depending on their mood LOL
(This girl makes me want you to write an underwater-world counterpart to Oddwickshire LOL )

There’s a couple of great mermaid books by Mira Grant (Rolling in the Deep & Into the Drowning Deep) that have a very different view if the creatures, as does the TV show Siren.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-28-2020

(08-27-2020, 09:13 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I actually forgot they made a little mermaid...

I do like the colours they used.

I love Little, she's fun. 

I like when princesses from folk tales look differently from Disney versions. Those are an iconic take on the characters, but they became default versions of sorts, up to the point where some people think they were created by Disney as his original characters. I think these tales deserve more variety and imagination than they're currently getting.

(08-27-2020, 09:52 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The circular stitch pattern on her torso makes me giggle, as it does look like a shark-bite

It is such a funny touch. I appreciate that they used Litlle's ex!posed skin in a fun and creative way.

(08-28-2020, 08:06 AM)Elfy Wrote: The way you've shot this it really does look like she's underwater and has spotted prey. She's fierce.

(08-28-2020, 11:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Strawberry blonde definitely counts!
Agree she looks fierce.  I thought she looked less like the warm-&-cutesy versions of mermaids and more like maybe some mythological versions, where they might care for you if you fell overboard, or they might eat you....  depending on their mood LOL
(This girl makes me want you to write an underwater-world counterpart to Oddwickshire LOL  )

She really does look fierce, doesn't she? I like to imaine that my dolls are mostly nice, but I do have a soft spot for mermaids (and many other creatures) from the old tales, where they were more about mayhem and whims and less about frolicking around with dolphins and developing unhealthy desires to downgrade to human.

Hmmm... underwater version of Oddwickshire you saaaayyyy.... Hmmm... That could be dangerous, as it would no doubt lead to absolutely objectively needing a lot of dolls, but it is intriguing...

(08-28-2020, 04:19 PM)Elfy Wrote: There’s a couple of great mermaid books by Mira Grant (Rolling in the Deep & Into the Drowning Deep) that have a very different view if the creatures, as does the TV show Siren.

I have those books on my wishlist! I did look up Siren in the past, but didn't watch it. I did like the look of the sirens, but wasn't interested in the human part of drama.

Day 241

[Image: 13369c18fc9b34ddc5f30c782f9e5dc6.jpg]

And that's my last redhead! She's from the same line as my Freddy, and she appeared in my ADAD back in 2018 as Judy in a very deadly Punch and Judy show.

In case you're wondering, I only have one redhead mug, not an entire collection.

Redheadcount:

Characters: 20
Dolls: 22

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-28-2020

That is a fantastic looking little doll, and the mug is amazing!

She’s awesome. About Rolling in the Deep. It is quite brilliant. It’s a novella. The last time I reread it (think I’ve read it 4 times), I knocked it over in an afternoon.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Alliecat - 08-29-2020

Ha ha, those little string dolls are so cute. Is she a particular character…? I have one… I should post her.
Will look up those books when I’m not on a tiny phone screen.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Elfy - 08-29-2020

(08-29-2020, 03:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Ha ha, those little string dolls are so cute.  Is she a particular character…?  I have one… I should post her.

I have one, too. It’s a little vampire.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - Lejays17 - 08-29-2020

The little string dolls are so cute! And well-deserving of her place in the spotlight.

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - neon_jellyfish - 08-30-2020

(08-28-2020, 11:10 PM)werepuppy Wrote: That is a fantastic looking little doll, and the mug is amazing!

Thank you!!!

(08-28-2020, 11:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: She’s awesome. About Rolling in the Deep. It is quite brilliant. It’s a novella. The last time I reread it (think I’ve read it 4 times), I knocked it over in an afternoon.

I'm looking forward to reading it (once I manage to stop buying Azone dolls...)!

(08-29-2020, 03:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Ha ha, those little string dolls are so cute.  Is she a particular character…?  I have one… I should post her.

Thank you! No, this one isn't. Some of them were characters from horror movies and some were like some sort of talisman, I have one to help with studies, but I don't remember what this little lady does. She's an awesome redhead, she must bring lots of luck.

(08-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Elfy Wrote:

I have one, too. It’s a little vampire.

Eeee! I've never seen a vampire one! Now I want it!

(08-29-2020, 07:20 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The little string dolls are so cute!  And well-deserving of her place in the spotlight.

Thank you!!!

Day 242

[Image: d14b75836c1cb7a350d7511f5eedcde2.jpg]

"Your Majesty?"
"Yes?"
"I don't think people can see the poster..."
"Silly! They would look at me even if they could see the poster, this is just making it easier for them. Just show them the poster when you're done with my photo. The result isn't all that stellar anyway."
"Yes, your Majesty."

[Image: 5f42b142ea8069e19b0ceed719e1bd56.jpg]

And that concludes the Redheadcount 2020! We - Her Insane Majesty and me - are underwhelmed. Our doll force of 195 only has 22 redheads. I need to fix that before next year's redheadcount!

RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - werepuppy - 08-30-2020

I'm sure you'll add to your army of red-heads! I like the poster - it looks cool